AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-04-25, 06:21   Link #1501
sky black swordman

Well the Lakers lost game 2 of the series, 91 - 102 Spurs. The likelihood that they may be go down by game 4 or 5 is slowly becoming a reality.
Old 2013-04-26, 16:36   Link #1502
Xagzan

Miami up 3-0 on Milwaukee. I know I'm taken aback.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 16:42   Link #1503
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Russell Westbook out indefinitely after knee surgery.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 03:03   Link #1504
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Russell Westbook out indefinitely after knee surgery.
Even without Westbook, I think the Thunder may still be able to win against the Rockets. According to articles I have read, Patrick Beverley says he didn't try to injure Westbrook.

NY Knicks 3 -0 against Boston Celtics.

Spurs 3-0 Lead Over Lakers. Game 3 final score Spurs 120 - 89 Lakers.
Old 2013-04-27, 09:09   Link #1505
Xagzan

According to the play I saw, Beverly is right. It was a clean steal attempt, and their knees accidentally bumped. And somehow I think Westbrook would've been ok afterwards if he hadn't played through the rest of the game.

Alright, now who was that former coach who said Boston in 7? I knew he sounded crazy.

That's a bad home slaughter for the Lakers.

And GS is now 2-1 over Denver. Possible upset in the making?
Old 2013-04-27, 17:22   Link #1506
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Brooklyn up 14 pts with less than 3:30 in the 4th quarter, loses to the Bulls in 3OT's
Old 2013-04-27, 17:27   Link #1507
Kmos

Knicks might sweep Boston! It doesn't look like they can put up much of a fight anymore. I hope they face Indiana with everyone that's healthy stay healthy.

Sad news about Westbrook. Thunder can still take Western Conference, but if they face the Heat in the finals it'll be a loss now.

Wow on today's Nets vs Bulls game. Triple OT and Bulls dug deep to grind out an 16 pt. difference in fourth quarter with an amazing performance from Nate Robinson. A lot of talk went into showing how CJ Watson screwed up and gave the Bulls a great chance. C'mon now, there were missed free throws and over 10 pt lead before they tied. Nets couldn't close it out as a team and stop Robinson. I don't favor either team but am impressed and not at all surprised by the Bulls' efforts.
Kmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 20:40   Link #1508
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmos View Post
Knicks might sweep Boston! It doesn't look like they can put up much of a fight anymore.
with KG and Pierce's old age and without Rondo... It's going to be really hard to battle against a raging NYK (a raging Melo, rather)
Melo's on fire, he wants to win it this year

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 21:27   Link #1509
Strygwyr
Attention Queen killer.
*IT Support

J.R. Smith getting suspended was uncalled for. Too bad he can't play to finish off the Celtics.
Old 2013-04-27, 23:15   Link #1510
Xagzan

Oh, give me a fucking break. Suspended? Way to screw the Knicks again, Stern.

Not even close to a malicious elbow, was that. Every commentator and analyst I heard discuss it thought so, too.
Old 2013-04-28, 18:03   Link #1511
sky black swordman

Yesterday, the Thunder take an 3-0 Lead Over Rockets and after going into OT 3 times the Bulls take an 3-1 lead over the Nets.

As expected the Heats sweep the Bucks. And the Celtics force a game 5, I wonder if J.R. Smith was in the game would this had happend. Regardless the Knicks will still win this series.
Old 2013-04-28, 18:50   Link #1512
Xagzan

Well, obviously we can't be certain about anything, and who knows what else might have been different, but all things staying the same, I think it's safe to say JR would have had more than 7 points

Still, that Bulls Nets game was unbelievable. Instant classic, everyone's calling it. I really thought the game was over with under 4 left and the Nets up 14. Then you had the Nate Robinson Show, right there. Amazing comeback in regulation alone, not even counting 3 friggin overtimes! I do wonder how Noah's foot is feeling; he played close to an hour, didn't he? That couldn't have been good for his recovery.
Old 2013-04-28, 20:59   Link #1513
sky black swordman

Dwight Howard was ejected as the Lakers lose and are now out of the playoffs.
Old 2013-04-28, 21:11   Link #1514
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Dwight Howard was ejected as the Lakers loss and are now out of the playoffs.
Not surprise even I, a faithful Lakers fan, seen this coming. Too many things that were against the Lakers to be proven otherwise. Team chemistry since this is mostly a newly built Lakers team, coaching a difficult offense scheme which haven't seen success in the NBA, firing of a head coach, getting a new coach which by all means was a wrong decision (coach that like fast offense, 7 seconds or less so to speak, with an old team), coach seems to be biased on the fact he doesn't play a big contributing to the Lakers offense by the name of Jordan Hill, and finally non stop injuries all season. Too much to handle, Kobe couldn't even keep the Lakers afloat for an entire season and this is Kobe we are talking about, a Titan of sort, just keep playing through injuries. Now we got an off season, in prospective, signing Dwight Howard is a must. You'll not find an equal value anywhere. Then the Lakers are way over the cap space and no draft picks this year.

I know Jerry Buss would be like King Kong if he was to see the Lakers situation right now. Jim Buss, even though its one year, he really made it final that he is not cut out to be an owner. I am pretty sure almost everyone felt there was a little ego and feelings when Jim Buss decided to hire Mike over Phil for the coaching position.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 20:49   Link #1515
sky black swordman

The NETS take game 5 and force a game 6, however, the Bulls still lead the series 3-2.

In other NBA news, the NBA's relocation committee voted unanimously Monday to recommend that the Sacramento Kings should not be relocated to Seattle. A good sign for Kings fans and a bad one for Seattle hopefuls.
Old 2013-04-29, 22:17   Link #1516
Kmos

Sunday game: JR Smith would've made a difference in the horrendous shooting day Carmelo had.
Felton got hot for some minutes which helped against scoring pressure from Carmelo but his shots were still off.
Shumpert starting to look good again, which will be a plus in the future games.

Nets won tonight. Lopez did work and Williams just blowing past defenders, recognizing a smaller and tired Robinson. This game wasn't as exciting to watch as the last one for me.

Games I wish I was watching are Clippers v Grizzlies. I don't know wtf is happening in Pacers either, series tied now 2-2. I fell asleep watching the Heat v Bucks game 4, no joke, was like a watching practice match with no intensity. I catch up on Western games the next day usually as I sleep early and miss out.
Kmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 01:24   Link #1517
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Dwight Howard was ejected as the Lakers lose and are now out of the playoffs.
I kind knew they were going to get sweep in the playoff even if Kobe was playing with them.
kind of hoping the Jazz made it in instead of the Lakers. they embarrass themselves
by just been in the playoff. I used to like the Lakers and feel a little sad that they
are like this now. playing poor basketball, barely any team work. wrong coach for the team as well.
too much drama going on with Lakers. I hope they can pick up again next season
and get better.

on the other hand, Clippers better not lose to the Grizzlies! those Grizzlies have some
crazy players. I like that Zack Randolph fella, he's a beast.

looks like Rockets might be out next. Kind of suck for OKC to lose Westbrook. i'm not
sure if OKC can make it to the finals without him.

I guessing the final for this season is going to be Miami vs. Spurs (unless Clippers magically beat them all...nya ha haa. go Clippers!).
Old 2013-04-30, 15:47   Link #1518
Xagzan

I do not understand why people keep saying the Lakers need Dwight Howard so much, or that he's such a valuable player. I've only seen a little of him, but he doesn't seem very good at all to me. Doesn't know how to post up, doesn't dominate, gets stripped time after time, can't seem to make baskets. What's so special that I'm missing?

Quote:
The NETS take game 5 and force a game 6, however, the Bulls still lead the series 3-2.

In other NBA news, the NBA's relocation committee voted unanimously Monday to recommend that the Sacramento Kings should not be relocated to Seattle. A good sign for Kings fans and a bad one for Seattle hopefuls.
Keep in mind, they've only said they're staying in Sacramento for at least the next year. Which means fans in the two cities might have to go through this again next year. I agree with Barkley, if they're staying in Sacramento, they need to make some kind of long term lease now, and not put fans through this roller coaster year after year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmos View Post
Nets won tonight. Lopez did work and Williams just blowing past defenders, recognizing a smaller and tired Robinson. This game wasn't as exciting to watch as the last one for me.
To be fair, I don't think most games are going to be as exciting as that one
Old 2013-04-30, 17:36   Link #1519
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I do not understand why people keep saying the Lakers need Dwight Howard so much, or that he's such a valuable player. I've only seen a little of him, but he doesn't seem very good at all to me. Doesn't know how to post up, doesn't dominate, gets stripped time after time, can't seem to make baskets. What's so special that I'm missing?
They were supposed to be the team that would oppose all of the players in Miami when completely healthy. That's how I thought it would be when the team for this season was made. Dwight's been getting into too much foul trouble and he got ejected during the last game against the Spurs. I don't think it's worth it for the Lakers to keep him and if they do I don't think they should pay him the amount of money that I'm sure he's looking for.
VTHokiePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 21:04   Link #1520
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

^
The thing about Howard is that he is the next generation to build around for the Lakers. Kobe is not going to be there forever, it is only recently they figured that out. Howard of course is not there yet to lead the Lakers, but the Lakers organization is hoping he can be (very soon in their prays). Almost every team in the playoff has at least a Superstar or an Allstar to lead them. Pau Gasol was once an All star talent and I still consider he is one, but he as well has too much age on his body that he cannot lead a new generation. Sadly, even though I don't want Pau to go, all situation is pointing to him being traded due to cap space because if not, the Lakers will probably not sign any supporting role players next year. Dwight Howard is 27, fairly young, he got at least 5-7 more years ahead of him. If you take out Dwight Howard, then who does the Lakers got to built around?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote