AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-01-25, 21:30   Link #561
bbqsauced
Stoned.

Send a message via AIM to bbqsauced
Hey Arnold! was probably my all time favorite cartoon show.

Stoop kid episode is legendary.

You really don't see that kind of writing anymore nowadays.
bbqsauced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 21:41   Link #562
McMilk
*Artist

Avatar: The Last Airbender. That thing was actually surprisingly good... except for the super corny ending.

Teen Titans. Too bad it ended so soon.

AND SOUTH PARK.
Old 2010-01-26, 15:23   Link #563
john_kun
Banned

despite that people hated edd edd n eddy I really liked it.

and I loved that coyote and that struts. those are awesome
john_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 03:15   Link #564
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I always like Batman Beyond when I was younger. That show was pretty badass, as I remember.
Old 2010-01-27, 20:54   Link #565
Xion Valkyrie

Avatar: The Last Airbender was quite good. It totally blew me away, when I wasn't expecting that much.

South Park is probably my favorite out of the American adult comedy cartoons.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 20:47   Link #566
Vault Dweller
Let's fighting love!

Ren & Stimpy will always be one of my favorite animated shows. Looking back now it's a bit hard to believe it passed as programing for children mainly because it was so bizarre and twisted you really wonder who or what the target audience was exactly. One of the best things about it was the animation which was always delightfully morbid, disgusting and hilarious. Series creator John K is known for his policy of not wanting the same expression or pose used twice and because of this each episode the characters went through a dizzying array of psychotic and idiotic expressions. I owe the development of my twisted since of humor to this show.

SpongeBob has carried on a similar form of oddball humor to an extent but The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack is even closer to Ren & Stimpy's level in my book. I like animation in general, it's always fascinated me since I was a kid so I like a lot of cartoons, too many to list but I'll comment on a few more. First lets get the classics out of the way, I love the old Looney Tunes and Tom and Jerry cartoons. In my opinion most of Hanna-Barbera's work just hasn't aged well with the exception of Tom & Jerry which is still hilarious to watch. I don't think much needs to be said about the Looney Tunes but I will say Tex Avery was a genius.

As for more recent shows, Futurama and South Park are easily two of my top favorites. The Batman Animated series also deserves mentioning, amazing show. Samurai Jack was great and had a really cool visual style. Courage the Cowardly Dog had a certain awesomeness all its own. I haven't had the chance to watch Avatar: The Last Airbender, I refuse to watch it out of order so every time it's on I change the channel. A friend has the DVDs though which I will borrow.
Vault Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 11:01   Link #567
Nostalgia
We're so far gone

Send a message via Yahoo to Nostalgia
Venture Bros!
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 11:08   Link #568
psycho_luny
close to insanity
*Author

Send a message via MSN to psycho_luny
i would say road runner.
Old 2010-01-29, 16:30   Link #569
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault Dweller View Post
SpongeBob has carried on a similar form of oddball humor to an extent but The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack is even closer to Ren & Stimpy's level in my book.
Well, Flapjack was created by a man who worked with Joe Murray, the guy who created Rocko's Modern Life.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 20:37   Link #570
Lost Cause

Ok I might be dating myself but I loved to watch the orginal Jonny Quest! They were always traveling to exotic lands and dealing with mysteries. Also Galaxy Rangers but that might have been ANIME,I can't remember?
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 22:33   Link #571
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
The original Scooby Doo, Fairy Odd Parents, Spongebob Squarepants, Avatar, Teen Titans, South Park, Family Guy, Simpsons, Ed, Edd and Eddy; and among other shows in my childhood that I completely forgot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault Dweller View Post
SpongeBob has carried on a similar form of oddball humor to an extent but The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack is even closer to Ren & Stimpy's level in my book. I like animation in general, it's always fascinated me since I was a kid so I like a lot of cartoons, too many to list but I'll comment on a few more. First lets get the classics out of the way, I love the old Looney Tunes and Tom and Jerry cartoons. In my opinion most of Hanna-Barbera's work just hasn't aged well with the exception of Tom & Jerry which is still hilarious to watch. I don't think much needs to be said about the Looney Tunes but I will say Tex Avery was a genius.

As for more recent shows, Futurama and South Park are easily two of my top favorites. The Batman Animated series also deserves mentioning, amazing show. Samurai Jack was great and had a really cool visual style. Courage the Cowardly Dog had a certain awesomeness all its own. I haven't had the chance to watch Avatar: The Last Airbender, I refuse to watch it out of order so every time it's on I change the channel. A friend has the DVDs though which I will borrow.
This, and Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain were shows that are older than old.
Old 2010-02-05, 09:24   Link #572
xKeen

Comedy for me would be Spongebob.I also like Justice League ( Not sure if anyone likes it)

Credits to Pellissier~
xKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 04:20   Link #573
Theowne
耳をすませば

I would say it is tied between The Adventures of Tintin, the Nelvana version, and the Tales of Peter Rabbit. These are both animated series I remember fondly from my childhood, and are far better than most of the stuff fed to kids these days.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 19:27   Link #574
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
I would say it is tied between The Adventures of Tintin, the Nelvana version, and the Tales of Peter Rabbit. These are both animated series I remember fondly from my childhood, and are far better than most of the stuff fed to kids these days.
"The Adventures of Tintin"?! OMG I think I might have some of the old comic books in storage! Those were sooo cool!
Old 2010-02-06, 19:40   Link #575
hinakatbklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post

And for an old series that I still adore, Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers still hasn't lost its charm for me. I have the first half of the box set and still watch the episodes. I wish I could figure out how to get the second half and complete it.
Just reminded me of the 2-hour Disney Block back during the days when I was a kid/teen. From bottom to top: Gummy Bears, Tale Spin, Duck Tales, Darkwing Duck, and on top Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers. Not as consistent these days with non-anime cartoons.
hinakatbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 19:55   Link #576
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I just wanted to add The Proud Family to one of my favorite series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
Just reminded me of the 2-hour Disney Block back during the days when I was a kid/teen. From bottom to top: Gummy Bears, Tale Spin, Duck Tales, Darkwing Duck, and on top Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers. Not as consistent these days with non-anime cartoons.
When Toon Disney first debuted, it was the greatest thing ever. It had all those shows and then some, like Timon & Pumbaa, the Mighty Ducks, Bonkers, Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog(the American-made series), etc. Now, it's as deluded as everything else.

Lol, I just found out Sonic was voiced by Jaleel White in the series, aka Steve Urkel.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 19:25   Link #577
Lost Cause

Tail Spin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
I remember 'Tail Spin' the most made me wanna be a pilot!
Old 2010-02-08, 19:56   Link #578
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
I just recently found a long lost favorite:
Spoiler for Big Guy and Rusty:
Old 2010-02-08, 22:27   Link #579
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

The Simpsons its still a good show after 20years of being on the air
Old 2010-02-10, 01:09   Link #580
Kazu
Flowing

Lets see theres Dexters lab,Samurai Jack, Johnny Bravo,Ed Edd and Eddy,spongebob,Chowder,Futurama,Drawn Together

just to name a few