AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2010-02-21, 10:29   Link #1061
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

I'll give it a try, but I'm a little busy at the moment so it may take a few days. I hope you can wait that long.

P.S.: In that same folder, is there a script for the Drama CDs? I've wanted to revise my translation for a while, so something like a script would practically be a goldmine for me.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 14:59   Link #1062
Eab1990

That's fine, I can wait.

Script files? None that I can see.

There are images of the CD that are WAY too small for me to make any print out, but I don't think any are large enough to serve as a script either. Maybe I should search for the actual CD on sale online...
Eab1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 13:32   Link #1063
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Hey, I'm sorry to post when I haven't even finished the song translation yet, but I have some good news regarding the Drama CDs. I was able to track down scripts for both of them, but the bad news is that they're in Chinese. However, with a translating program, I think that they'll be useful in refining my translation. So you can expect me to have "revised" Drama CD scripts very soon.

EDIT: I've revised After You've Gone, and I think it's a bit clearer now, but I'm not done yet. 2035 is much harder to translate, so I'll put it off for now.

Last edited by GundamAce; 2010-02-23 at 16:01.
Old 2010-02-24, 19:00   Link #1064
Eab1990

Sounds great. I'll check 'em out in a bit.
Old 2010-03-20, 10:46   Link #1065
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Oh, there's this problem I've had with the game, and I was wondering if any of you knew how to fix it.

At several points in the game (usually at choices or scene shifts) an error box comes up that says: "Cannot open file 'C:\KID\ever17PC_us\save\save14.atr'"

It's not a real problem with the game, as all I have to do is press "Retry" whenever it comes up, and the game continues just fine. But I've had it ever since I bought the game, and it's getting really annoying.

Looking at my game folder, I can see that I do have a "save14.atr" located in the save folder. However, I bought the game, so I don't think there was anything wrong with the discs. But when I was installing the game, there was one point on the third disc where it couldn't proceed any further, so I had to get Daemon Tools and UltraISO in order to finish the job, so that might have had something to do with it.

I've looked for a way to fix this, but the only way I've seen so far is a Chinese error fix patch, and I'm not sure what consequences it would have on my English copy game. DOes anyone know a way to fix it? I thank you in advance.

P.S.: I totally forgot about translating Sara's image song, sorry! I'll try continuing it now, but I've been busy lately, so once again, it may take a while.
Old 2010-03-20, 11:36   Link #1066
Terri87

I´ve never seen this error, the Ever 17 I bought only had the voice problem. I do recomend that you try to install the game in another computer just to see if the problem is in the game or in the machine. Also try to avoid the slot 14 when saving, it has happened to me in other games that certain save slots become unusuable or incredibly buggy. Finally remove any joypads, that is if they are connected to your computer. Apparently, they can cause problems with the game. Thats all I can say I wish I was more helpful.
Terri87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 12:20   Link #1067
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

It's definitely not saving in slot 14 that's the problem, as I've had the problem ever since I started the game. I don't have any joypads that I can think of, and I've determined from a Chinese forum that the problem comes from the game and not the machine. Thanks for trying to help, though.
Old 2010-03-20, 19:39   Link #1068
Terri87

You´re welcome. By the way I had a doubt about the drama cds, its about the Erdboden. Did Erdboden appeared in Ever 17?
Spoiler for :
Old 2010-03-20, 20:05   Link #1069
coren

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Oh, there's this problem I've had with the game, and I was wondering if any of you knew how to fix it.

At several points in the game (usually at choices or scene shifts) an error box comes up that says: "Cannot open file 'C:\KID\ever17PC_us\save\save14.atr'"

It's not a real problem with the game, as all I have to do is press "Retry" whenever it comes up, and the game continues just fine. But I've had it ever since I bought the game, and it's getting really annoying.

Looking at my game folder, I can see that I do have a "save14.atr" located in the save folder. However, I bought the game, so I don't think there was anything wrong with the discs. But when I was installing the game, there was one point on the third disc where it couldn't proceed any further, so I had to get Daemon Tools and UltraISO in order to finish the job, so that might have had something to do with it.

I've looked for a way to fix this, but the only way I've seen so far is a Chinese error fix patch, and I'm not sure what consequences it would have on my English copy game. DOes anyone know a way to fix it? I thank you in advance.
save14 is the A1 autosave. If you haven't already tried it I'd recommend simply deleting the save14.atr, save14.dat and save14.txt and see if that fixes it.
coren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 09:26   Link #1070
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Tried that yesterday, it didn't work, as the file just came back. Even when I don't save, the autosaves just keep returning whenever I play the game anew.
Old 2010-03-24, 09:21   Link #1071
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Hey guys. I've uploaded all of "After You've Gone" onto Youtube, with the scripts posted in the description. If any of you are interested in listening to the Drama CDs without having to download the audio, then check my youtube profile:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RPGMania2
Old 2010-03-24, 09:31   Link #1072
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri87 View Post
You´re welcome. By the way I had a doubt about the drama cds, its about the Erdboden. Did Erdboden appeared in Ever 17?
Spoiler for :
Spoiler for :
Old 2010-03-24, 23:50   Link #1073
Eab1990

Quote:
Hey guys. I've uploaded all of "After You've Gone" onto Youtube, with the scripts posted in the description. If any of you are interested in listening to the Drama CDs without having to download the audio, then check my youtube profile:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RPGMania2
Cool, I'll add this to the list of links.
Old 2010-03-24, 23:57   Link #1074
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

What links are those again?

EDIT: Oh, right, the ones on Page 53.

It seems that for some reason, I can never let go of the Drama CDs. I wonder why?

Oh, and one more thing. I don't think I'll upload 2035 yet, mostly because there are still those two parts that I don't fully understand in my translation. As someone who wants to live in Japan for a while, my future's looking dim, lol.
Old 2010-04-01, 00:33   Link #1075
Eab1990

Happy April 1st, guys!

So, here's that You character CD I finally found.

Spoiler:

Also, You's birthday was two days ago, while Sora's birthday is tomorrow. Yay?

Spoiler:
Old 2010-04-01, 07:14   Link #1076
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Huh, I don't remember reading anything about You's birthday being on March 30th. Was it in game?
Old 2010-04-01, 10:56   Link #1077
Eab1990

Quote:
Huh, I don't remember reading anything about You's birthday being on March 30th. Was it in game?
It's on the timeline.
Old 2010-04-01, 16:08   Link #1078
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Oh, you're right. I guess I just never noticed it. Come to think of it, the only character who doesn't have an official birthday is Takeshi, right?

Spoiler for You's birthday:
Old 2010-04-01, 22:51   Link #1079
Terri87

You are right, Takeshi doesn´t have an official birthday. Ironically, Takeshi is the character we know the least prior to Lemu.
Spoiler for Spoiler for birthdays:
Old 2010-04-06, 00:16   Link #1080
Akeii
Djungarian Hamster

Ever17 was the first visual novel I played, and after trying out lots of other ones I can still say it was the best visual novel I played. Maybe I should've stopped right there and saved my 300+ hours for something else.

EDIT:
Waitwaitwait there are similar series Never7, Remember11 and 12Riven in the same universe? *Sucked back into the world of visual novels*
So Remember11 is the only version that's going to be fan-translated. That's good to know, but the title is kinda misleading since the "11" I'm remembering probably isn't what the Japanese author would've wanted American viewers to think about. xD

Last edited by Akeii; 2010-04-06 at 00:36.
Akeii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
visual novel