AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Episode 26 Rating
Perfect 10 61 37.65%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 26.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 17.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 9.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.47%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 1.85%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.85%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-26, 19:39   Link #21
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuin4
Then what was up with the last scene in the anime?(I know you haven't seen it, this is targeted for any of the game players)
I haven't played the game, but my assessment is that the outcome of Tsumihoroboshi-hen was "good" for Rika, as she managed to prevent more people from getting killed prior to that "accident". If Rika is playing a game that involves luck, she was really lucky in Tsumihoroboshi-hen; if she continues to end up with good rolls like this one, she'll escape this scenario-loop she is stuck in.

That being said, the "real culprit" of this scenario likely needs to be killed, which, if that culprit is who I suspect, hasn't happened thus far in the series.
Old 2006-09-26, 19:44   Link #22
Fallacy
;n;

Quote:
Then what was up with the last scene in the anime?(I know you haven't seen it, this is targeted for any of the game players)
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-26, 20:04   Link #23
Shuin4
You faked all of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallacy
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I also like how Keichii's dad is up on the anime's site even though he wasn't in the anime at all (I think they showed him kicking Keichii's door in episode 2)

And where the hell were they(or Rena's dad for that matter) in this episode? Don't you think it would've been a good idea to get her dad to try to talk his daughter out of it, or call Keiichi's parents saying "Hey, your son is being held captive in the school and has a chance of being killed."

Though, the police weren't all that smart anyway since they just let 2 kids try to murder each other on the school roof.
Old 2006-09-26, 20:07   Link #24
ayyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garet Linegod
@ayyo:

About the other TIPS, I couldn't find it even after I finished the chapter. Do you know how I could unlock it?
Go to the Omake section and go to TIPS
Old 2006-09-26, 20:09   Link #25
JarOfMayo

Quote:
Like everyone else said. Exactly what it means.

The real kuromaku (villan - mastermind) is not even revealed. The cycle continues.

Now it should be obvious why the anime doesn't go into the next chapters... Its like the writer's decided to instead of just recreating the whole Higurashi story, they chose to pose the question:
"We just showed you a majority of the evidence... There were differences in our exhibits but some clear similarities... Now whats your answer?"
Old 2006-09-26, 20:19   Link #26
Garet Linegod

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-26, 20:24   Link #27
Garet Linegod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayyo
Go to the Omake section and go to TIPS
Actually, that's what I did. And I have one of them (the "jaw-dropping" twist), but I couldn't find the other one that you mentioned in the review (the "grandfather" and "god" one). Is there something missing that I didn't do?
Old 2006-09-26, 20:30   Link #28
ayyo

Quote:
Actually, that's what I did. And I have one of them (the "jaw-dropping" twist), but I couldn't find the other one that you mentioned in the review (the "grandfather" and "god" one). Is there something missing that I didn't do?
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-26, 20:32   Link #29
Rasuberi
Give me things to draw!!!

Send a message via AIM to Rasuberi
I guess I'm at least, satisfied. Huu...

Spoiler:

Hopefully... I'll have time to read more of the novel this weekend!

Old 2006-09-26, 21:07   Link #30
Sinless Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Sinless Idiot
Actually, upon a few more viewings, this episode in general is a lot better than I oirginally gave it credit for.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-26, 21:37   Link #31
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Excuse me, I need to scream something first.
Spoiler for scream:

Ok, let's calm down.

First of all, this episode was quite uneven in terms of "how well it was done": The nicely done parts were absolutely awesome, the badly done parts were absolutely terrible.

I'm going to be judging this episode from a gamer's point of view, and it's going to be very critical because it was one of the most famous scenes in the entire game series. So I won't be holding back on the complaints.

First of all, let's start with bad part:
Spoiler:

The good parts:
Spoiler:

Now, as for the ending... I don't know... For those of us who played the game, the Rika/Oishi conversation in the end was great, especially Rika's final line, which certainly sounded like something she would say. They even ended with the signature "series title popping onto the screen with a boom sound" thing.

But for the non-gamers (especially for those who didn't read the TIPs)... It may be nothing but a source of confusion?
Old 2006-09-26, 21:38   Link #32
imac2much

I hope this isn't too off-topic, but what were the events that occurred in this arc (or any previous arc, but I only saw references during this one) that may allude to future arcs? I'm not asking for what exactly happens in Minagoroshihen, etc (I know people are working hard on this already), but at several times it seems certain events were left out of the anime because they allude to arcs that won't occur in the anime... am I correct in this?
Old 2006-09-26, 22:05   Link #33
LostBlue
祭囃子

Quote:
4. The lack of Keiichi's "winner's statement" in the end. I had a strong mental image of Keiichi making an open challenge to the "demons" while holding Rena in his arms (with the game then breaking into credits and ZERO). Mu, that's ok, I'll just complete it in my head again.
...they... they.... they... (goes to broken record mode)... ;_;

As for the Epilogues... I have no expectations for this. DEAN skipped pretty much every epilogue since Tatarigoroshi. Plus the Demon's Script one would greatly confuse the viewers... but then I guess same would have been said to the gamers who followed the series from the start and had to wait for Minagoroshi. Dean could have pulled it off. But then maybe they couldn't pull the money to bring Akasaka's CV just for that scene I don't know why DEAN didn't seem to care to give a budget for this anime. Well, but then I guess, you don't enjoy HIgurashi for the imagery. But *sigh* at least keep the sound, half of that was free

Quote:
I hope this isn't too off-topic, but what were the events that occurred in this arc (or any previous arc, but I only saw references during this one) that may allude to future arcs?
In this arc paticular the TIPs Rena's Hideout, My Fav Wine, Last Night, to some degree Reason to Move to Hinamizawa, and the last TIP for this arc which will go up soon. For the other arcs... read the TIP section. They're scattered about in there.
Old 2006-09-26, 23:19   Link #34
ToxicWind

Great episode, even though I had no idea what was happening at one point, (my fault for watching a raw without knowing japanese...) but it was a good episode.

*cries*
Old 2006-09-26, 23:27   Link #35
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Alright, episode seen.

As one who hasn't read sound novels past Watanagashi-hen (starting Tatari now), this was actually pretty good.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-27, 01:00   Link #36
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBlue
DEAN skipped pretty...Dean could have pulled it off...DEAN didn't seem to care to give a budget for this anime
Studio DEEN is spelled with two Es.

In any case, I see that they did not make this episode to our expectations. As with every other original story based anime, let us demand a remake by Kyoto Animation www
Old 2006-09-27, 01:15   Link #37
chrno_the_sinner

Even knowing what was left out, I thought it was a pretty good episode. I don't think anyone was thinking that the final TIP would have been left in, so there's not much dissapointment there. Rena showing up on the roof made my heart skip a beat though, it was definitely suspenseful, even though I knew about the rooftop fight since the beggining of the series from that TYPE-MOON fanart.

The only thing left to do now is wait a week for the fansubs so ayyo can finally start translating Minagoroshi-hen.

Is it possible that Rika injected Rena with the syringe this time around? I've always thought that Rika had the cure for the madness since she tried to use it on Shion. I don't believe that Keiichi cured Rena on friendship alone, though it was a large factor.

Also, I'm assuming that last scene is from Minagoroshi-hen? Rika got picked by Oishi this time, and obviously she won't be swayed by his words since she knows a lot more about everything than anyone else in the village. That scene makes me really wish to see Minagoroshi.
Old 2006-09-27, 02:19   Link #38
Garet Linegod

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno_the_sinner
Is it possible that Rika injected Rena with the syringe this time around? I've always thought that Rika had the cure for the madness since she tried to use it on Shion. I don't believe that Keiichi cured Rena on friendship alone, though it was a large factor.
Actually, that was one of the things that was left out back in episode 25. Rika visited Rena during the time when she was hiding in her 'secret hideout', just before Keiichi did. She presented the syringe to her and offered the injection. But Rena who was overtaken by her own madness, accused Rika of attempting to kill her the same way that Tomitake was murdered. Whether the syringe was a cure or not was never clearly stated, but Rika did mentioned that the substance inside was different from those used on Tomitake.

EDIT: A question to those who play the game -
Spoiler for About Onikakushi:

Last edited by Garet Linegod; 2006-09-27 at 02:31.
Old 2006-09-27, 03:13   Link #39
MarthX

Quote:
Actually, that was one of the things that was left out back in episode 25. Rika visited Rena during the time when she was hiding in her 'secret hideout', just before Keiichi did. She presented the syringe to her and offered the injection. But Rena who was overtaken by her own madness, accused Rika of attempting to kill her the same way that Tomitake was murdered. Whether the syringe was a cure or not was never clearly stated, but Rika did mentioned that the substance inside was different from those used on Tomitake.

EDIT: A question to those who play the game -
Spoiler for About Onikakushi:
Quote:
「You are, ...just a little sick. With a small bit of medicine you’ll feel better. .........Would you be interested if I said I brought that medicine?」
Quote:
「Yes. This shot will make you feel better.」
I think that's clearly stated.
Old 2006-09-27, 03:13   Link #40
sagematt
Magician of Words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria
Spoiler:
Spoiler for about the Jack Bauer moment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBlue
DEAN skipped pretty...Dean could have pulled it off...DEAN didn't seem to care to give a budget for this anime
Studio DEEN is spelled with two Es.
And he is supposed to be the lead translator

Oh well, you can't really cry over the spilled milk, even more so when it had been spilled so long ago. It was a good episode and a good series overall anyways (it gets the same rating as my rating for this episode: 7 - Good).

Do those internet petitions things still work nowadays? Because we so need KyoAni doing the surgical on this one
Closed Thread