AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 27 12.80%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 63 29.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 56 26.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 33 15.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 19 9.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 2.84%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 1.42%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.47%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.42%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-09, 08:59   Link #121
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Ep.2 will begin by episode 6. This is confirmed, so I'm expecting a normalized pace starting next episode.
Old 2009-07-09, 08:59   Link #122
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

From anime networks;
2009-07-02 1.Episode I-I opening
2009-07-09 2.Episode I-II first move
2009-07-16 3.Episode I-III dubious move
2009-07-23 4.Episode I-IV blunder
2009-07-30 5.Episode I-V fool's mate
2009-08-06 6.Episode II-I middle game

So it is 5 for VN Episode 1. If they go on that pace... Then 20 episodes for the whole 4 VN Episodes, let's say they'll probably extend it to 24 or 26.

Then one year break and wait for Umineko VN Ep 5,6,7 & 8? O.o
Old 2009-07-09, 09:00   Link #123
Scython

At episode 6, right?
Old 2009-07-09, 09:03   Link #124
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullchukka View Post
Then one year break and wait for Umineko VN Ep 5,6,7 & 8? O.o
August = VN 5
Dec = VN 6
August 2010 = VN 7
Dec 2010 = VN 8

I'll say Spring 2011 is the earliest you'll see an animated sequel, more than likely Summer or Fall.
Old 2009-07-09, 09:30   Link #125
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

I liked episode 2 :\. Though like someone pointed out earlier, the scene with natsuhi could've been better, in that to some extent, i understood that her background must've been really rough/hard, especially given her treatment, and just the way the other siblings treat her (mainly that one brown haired girl with the fan) - coming from a non-novel/game or w/e reader/player.

Man...idk so am i supposed to believe beatrice DOES exist? As in...the scenes we see, is that from a "3rd person" outer-side view, or is it from some delusional dude. I mean, the murderer could even be kanon...though he does seem a bit too much on the nice side, but who knows? WIth his whole "we're furniture blahblah" feeling.

edit:

You know what this reminds me of? "And then there were none" by agatha christie. That was a sweet book if any of you haven't read it.

2nd edit:
If natsuhi didn't have that "charm" on her door, do you think she would've died instead of Shannon? But man, the death flags were all set when he gave her the ring *sigh*. I was hoping she wouldnt die...LAME

3rd edit (man i should stop adding stuff):

IT's definiteyl NOT that censored. Mine's on pretty light setting, and i can see a lot of the pictures pretty clearly...definitely NOT a pretty sight.

4th edit:

*sigh* i doubt there wouldn't be a beatrice...otherwise why would she be in so many frames in the OP. ughhh i can't decide what's gonna happenn
Old 2009-07-09, 09:37   Link #126
jdlkem
teh_pwnzor

I thought the anime adaptation has been quite good so far. Personally, I felt that Episode I was quite a throw-away compared to the other three question Episodes. To people who haven't been spoiled by the blood + gore of that last scene, I think it would have been a huge shock, as at this very early point, already a third of the people on the island are dead (or missing).

About the information presented (or the lack of), I felt that Studio DEEN has done a good thing. For instance, the relationships between the different characters aren't that important in Episode I, but we learn quite a lot. The problem I've had about the similarities between the different Episodes is that they emphasize some connections between characters over and over, albeit in a different way or context. That Kyrie's (or Rudolf's) relationship to Battler hasn't been completely disclosed indicates that they will (must!) do that at some point, either at the beginning of the next episode, or maybe later, as long as it is introduced before it is important.

The one (two) quibble I had with the episode is Eva's and Natsuhi's timings. Natsuhi is supposed to be absent when the servants come back after having seen the (transmutation) circle. Eva is supposed to head to the shed first, and then Natsuhi, along with Nanjo and the kids, is supposed to head out after Genji comes back to notify Nanjo. In the anime, however, Natsuhi travels out first, with Eva arriving a bit later. Its almost like they're trying to hint at Eva being the (a) culprit for this Episode, but nothing is certain, whether it be in the VN or the anime.

Overall I thought this episode was very good. It felt slightly rushed, although it has to be, if this series is going to cover Episodes I-IV. Episode I is basically the introduction of the entire series, and I think they're doing a good job of that. After this Episode, I believe Studio DEEN will (must!) be much more detailed with explanations, and slow down the pace (especially Episode IV!).

Maria is my second favorite character. A*** is my first. =P
Old 2009-07-09, 09:42   Link #127
typhonsentra

Once again, they're cramming things in too tightly. Little things like the exchange between Eva and Natsuhi. Everything leading up to the big reveal at the end was rushed at a pretty crazy pace.
Old 2009-07-09, 09:57   Link #128
Rena Ryuuguu
Hinamizawas Cleaver Girl

Send a message via MSN to Rena Ryuuguu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
Ep.2 will begin by episode 6. This is confirmed, so I'm expecting a normalized pace starting next episode.
thank you for the Info
Old 2009-07-09, 09:59   Link #129
Aminado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlkem View Post
I thought the anime adaptation has been quite good so far. Personally, I felt that Episode I was quite a throw-away compared to the other three question Episodes. To people who haven't been spoiled by the blood + gore of that last scene, I think it would have been a huge shock, as at this very early point, already a third of the people on the island are dead (or missing).

About the information presented (or the lack of), I felt that Studio DEEN has done a good thing. For instance, the relationships between the different characters aren't that important in Episode I, but we learn quite a lot. The problem I've had about the similarities between the different Episodes is that they emphasize some connections between characters over and over, albeit in a different way or context. That Kyrie's (or Rudolf's) relationship to Battler hasn't been completely disclosed indicates that they will (must!) do that at some point, either at the beginning of the next episode, or maybe later, as long as it is introduced before it is important.

The one (two) quibble I had with the episode is Eva's and Natsuhi's timings. Natsuhi is supposed to be absent when the servants come back after having seen the (transmutation) circle. Eva is supposed to head to the shed first, and then Natsuhi, along with Nanjo and the kids, is supposed to head out after Genji comes back to notify Nanjo. In the anime, however, Natsuhi travels out first, with Eva arriving a bit later. Its almost like they're trying to hint at Eva being the (a) culprit for this Episode, but nothing is certain, whether it be in the VN or the anime.

Overall I thought this episode was very good. It felt slightly rushed, although it has to be, if this series is going to cover Episodes I-IV. Episode I is basically the introduction of the entire series, and I think they're doing a good job of that. After this Episode, I believe Studio DEEN will (must!) be much more detailed with explanations, and slow down the pace (especially Episode IV!).

Maria is my second favorite character. A*** is my first. =P
I'm expecting that most of the changes are merely cosmetic or very minor, when you consider that a few key changes could completely alter the course of the story as well as suspicions, alibis etc. Even a change in character timing, appearance or action could drastically alter the story.
Old 2009-07-09, 10:09   Link #130
patnam

Last time Higurashi Question Arcs show first 4 episodes in 1 arc, now Umineko put 5 episodes for 1 arc (EP1)...
what a good extention...
Old 2009-07-09, 10:14   Link #131
Yami Sonozaki
Shion's follower xD

Send a message via MSN to Yami Sonozaki Send a message via Yahoo to Yami Sonozaki
Okay, so I just watched the 2nd ep now, and as being new to the series I have a few observations too xd:

Spoiler for the second episode.:
Old 2009-07-09, 10:16   Link #132
Alaya
Counter Force

I believe Higurashi shows 2 episodes per one arc. For Umineko is 5 episodes per one arc so it is a little bit extended.

EDIT: Seems I remember incorrectly for Higu number of episodes.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.

Last edited by Alaya; 2009-07-09 at 13:03.
Old 2009-07-09, 10:23   Link #133
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaya View Post
I believe Higurashi shows 2 episodes per one arc. For Umineko is 5 episodes per one arc so it is a little bit extended.
If you don't perceive the breaks it should not matter much though.
Old 2009-07-09, 11:06   Link #134
Kimura sensei
Kimurin, the Wise

I didn't played the VN, and I really enjoyed this episode.
I give it a 10/10. Now I want to play the VN too.
Old 2009-07-09, 11:18   Link #135
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimura sensei View Post
I didn't played the VN, and I really enjoyed this episode.
I give it a 10/10. Now I want to play the VN too.
glad to hear a good opinion on the episode... I'm curious... I'm a VN player myself so I know everything (that's there) but was anything confusing to you in the episode?

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
Old 2009-07-09, 11:39   Link #136
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

(since you asked =P)

I didn't play anything and personally I find all this talk of pace and such a little silly.
If we were to presume for a second this was a original story both episodes were fine.
Old 2009-07-09, 11:43   Link #137
Kimura sensei
Kimurin, the Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandakiara View Post
glad to hear a good opinion on the episode... I'm curious... I'm a VN player myself so I know everything (that's there) but was anything confusing to you in the episode?
Not really... There was nothing confusing, in my opinion. And this episode was better than the first one.
Old 2009-07-09, 11:44   Link #138
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

*hugs Cats*

Changing the subject-
The official Umineko.tv site has character relationship charts/ bio's now. Can't really read the bio's but the lines do show who's related to who, and what their ranks in the family is.

(as a side note, I see the word "girlfriend" in Battler's bio. I'm gonna assume it says, "doesn't have one- lol" but I'm curious as to what it says exactly *_* .
Old 2009-07-09, 11:48   Link #139
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

*hugs Cats and Kimura sensei*

glad to hear that ^^ Myself as a VN player don't really find it too bad... there's this and that that they could've done but overall I'm pretty pleased myself ^^

And lovelysan I can't read the lines myself but I think somewhere it's said that Kyrie
Spoiler for no idea if it's really a spoiler but still...:

This is all info people were complaining that wasn't in the anime...

And no, Battler doesn't have one

edit: @milkypink: Battler does it as a way of playful communication x)

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
Old 2009-07-09, 11:52   Link #140
milkypink
♥~☆~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelysan View Post
*hugs Cats*

(as a side note, I see the word "girlfriend" in Battler's bio. I'm gonna assume it says, "doesn't have one- lol" but I'm curious as to what it says exactly *_* .
Skimming the bio, I don't see "girlfriend" (彼女), but I do see "women" (女性).... something about his perverted nature (inherited from his father) is his way of communicating with women, and that the groping isn't really his goal, but whether or not that's true is suspicious...

whoops now I see it XD and TheForsaken is right, it's just talking about Kyrie.

Last edited by milkypink; 2009-07-09 at 12:03. Reason: haha I fail at skimming in Japanese
Closed Thread