AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-05-26, 18:28   Link #8441
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
Regarding taking on 51 of the monsters, that would depend on what she thinks/knows the score would be:

a) If Fairy tail gets 12 and the rest gets 0, then taking on 100 instead of 51 gives Fairytail a big advantage. In particular

b) If the rest get 10 each (second place), then this was a bad move.

c) If the rest gets an average of 4, then this is still a good move as it increases their standing relative to the rest by a significant extent.

All in, she has 2 out of 3 chances to bring Fairy Tail back into the pictures in terms of points. Seems like a good gamble given their position.
First place is 10 points, second place is 8 points.

Quote:
There is of course a 4th option which she didn't consider at all, which is if she loses. Not sure what happens though. Do the surviving monsters get to battle again or do are the monsters once off summons that disappear after the battle?
Surviving monsters likely go again, or it likely would have been mentioned in the part about defeated players being out of the game.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 19:23   Link #8442
Shaggeh

>-> Epic now this better not be ruined in the next chapter somehow,

I just found the chapter ended at a great panel. But it felt a little to early to kill all worries that some bs wouldn't still happen like what happened to Lucy earlier.

I mean if some monster, maybe one hiding, wiggles out and Erza falls over. Then it all comes down to who drew number 2. We know Kara drew 8, but no idea who drew 2. It could be Raven Tail -.- that would suck. They get 10 points from only killing one monster.

hopefully though none of that happens, most likely it doesn't, but still possible it does.
Old 2012-05-26, 19:40   Link #8443
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
First place is 10 points, second place is 8 points.
There is the small issue of everyone being LAST place...

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 20:13   Link #8444
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
There is the small issue of everyone being LAST place...
I guess it was never planned out what may happen if the first person beats all the monsters on the first go. I think making everyone go once would have solved this, but i guess that wasn't thought out. So either everyone gets 8 points, 0 points, or 4 points while Fairy Tail A gets 10.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 21:17   Link #8445
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Stop over reacting people sheesh.
Old 2012-05-26, 21:28   Link #8446
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Stop over reacting people sheesh.
People got excited over a great chapter, what's wrong with that?
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 21:47   Link #8447
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
People got excited over a great chapter, what's wrong with that?
Because Erza has had better "omg awesome" momments. :P
Old 2012-05-26, 22:00   Link #8448
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Because Erza has had better "omg awesome" momments. :P
And people cheered just as much during those moments. You gotta cheer for them as they come
Old 2012-05-26, 22:38   Link #8449
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

There is there a chance to have a bit of shojo-ai with some new character like Kagura Mikazuchi?
Old 2012-05-26, 23:03   Link #8450
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
There is there a chance to have a bit of shojo-ai with some new character like Kagura Mikazuchi?
Well that came out of left field O.o

hmm Well, we don't know if Kagura likes girls so...I guess anything is possible. But this is FT, the most romance we've seen came from Erza and Jellal and even then it wasn't much.
Old 2012-05-27, 01:09   Link #8451
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
.........*Processing*.........
OK.... That was kinda weird and random.
But on Kagura front. I think it's more likely that at the end of the tournament when the evil plan plays out, Jellal will do something cool and saves a lot of people and she will fall for him...
And that will lead to the fight we all want to see Erza vs Kagura!
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 01:35   Link #8452
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Erza just might refuse it too.
She's already dreamt of being a (posthumous) Wizard Saint, so I don't think she'd be that hostile to the idea.

Quote:
I mean really, even if Jelly's Saint title was revoked, that would mean three known Saints are in Fairy Tail - A bit much, even for them.
Eh. A second collection, after the Dragon Slayers? Why not?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 08:45   Link #8453
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

By the way did Erza take on the S-rank monster last? That means Erza just owned a monster who is supposed to give a hard time to a wizard saint, while being exhausted!?
Ha ha ha. We were talking about taking on those 100 monsters, but who could take them on and defeat the strongest monster last!

So what do you think the next chapter title stands for?
Here are my options:
1) Most Powerful Fairy
2) Most Precious Friend
3) Magical Police Force
4) Multiple Participant Fight
5) Merry Poppins Flight
Old 2012-05-27, 09:03   Link #8454
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSkiper View Post
5) Merry Poppins Flight
This...obviously...
Old 2012-05-27, 09:22   Link #8455
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
She's already dreamt of being a (posthumous) Wizard Saint, so I don't think she'd be that hostile to the idea.
Hell, even though it was a dream, I'd been pissed at any less of a gesture from those guys. Also, if you are in that kind of enviornment where you are given acknowledgement for you deeds like that (aka military), then it's an assumption that you'd get some sort of medal or commedation, even if you're not around to receive it. So she probably had that in the back of her mind at the time.

If they try to make her all formal and proper and whatnot, then no she won't. Must remember that this is the NEW Magic Council that would awarding it but I think in their eyes, since she's from Fairy Tail, that might be an auto-no. ...unless they'll try to control Fairy Tail thru her...and we know how that will go...

Quote:
Eh. A second collection, after the Dragon Slayers? Why not?
Just aiming to have a 'relatively balanced' world... That and the new council just might try force them to disband for being 'too strong'. I must stress the word 'try'.
Old 2012-05-27, 10:33   Link #8456
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Just aiming to have a 'relatively balanced' world... That and the new council just might try force them to disband for being 'too strong'. I must stress the word 'try'.
Well considering that 7 years ago the new council placed Fairy Tail on par with Grimoire Heart and Zeref, I wont be surprised if they really did try to disband them...
Only for Fairy Tail to go independent and kick the councils asses that is. That way Jellal, Ultear and Meledy can join the guild! Heck it's a win win situation!
Old 2012-05-27, 11:01   Link #8457
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

To this day, it still gets to me how people seem to have forgotten about Fairy Tail in just 7 years. Granted, the younger generation might have been too young to remember or even care, but seven years isn't that long for the older folk, yet they act like FT was always a failure, forgetting that it was once the number one guild.
Still don't get it...I think Mashima tried to hard to make them underdogs...
Old 2012-05-27, 11:13   Link #8458
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
To this day, it still gets to me how people seem to have forgotten about Fairy Tail in just 7 years. Granted, the younger generation might have been too young to remember or even care, but seven years isn't that long for the older folk, yet they act like FT was always a failure, forgetting that it was once the number one guild.
Still don't get it...I think Mashima tried to hard to make them underdogs...
Falling from grace has it's hardships, one being the fact they have simply fallen from grace and hit rock bottom.
People will see it as a bad thing, whether they know what really happened to them or not.
FT couldn't uphold that fame/infamy from before and people tend to forget or not care for things that aren't at the top.
The term "former" is not a particularly good one to be labelled with as it means something better has come along.
Old 2012-05-27, 11:28   Link #8459
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, think of how quickly sports teams can fall from grace when they lose key players. I remember when the SF 49ers and Dallas Cowboys were on top of the American Football world. They lost their stars and now they are pretty much mid-tier at best. Another example - Michael Jordan, Scotty Pippen, and Dennis Rodman from the Chicago Bulls. Where are the Bulls now? Exactly. They are just now getting back into the Playoffs regularly.

Same thing happened with Fairy Tail - lost their 'stars' (the loud ones, the powerful ones, the crazy ones, the beautiful ones), and the shock was so great, those left behind probably felt a huge pressure to try and fill in the gap but it was too much. So most of them left, the remaining ones fell into obscurity.

And of course, people don't care if they don't have to hear about it. One or two people probably reminised, especially with Twilight Ogre in Magnolia...but the majority of the people of Fiore basically 'forgot' about Fairy Tail. No longer did they hear 'Salamander of Fairy Tail Burnt part of the National Forest', or 'Fairy Tail again claims top spot on the Insurance Companies' Worst Nightmare List', or 'Fairy Tail's Mirajane once again named Miss Fiore' or any number of headlines like that.
Old 2012-05-27, 12:10   Link #8460
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

True...true...I see your points. It just boggled my mind how some of the older people forgot that FT actually has strong members, even after seeing the S-class ones returning.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen