AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-05-07, 00:32   Link #6501
Ddraig

The way how story progress so far I dont see the reason why the 8th Campione need to be introduce except for the trigger that will finally awaken the Last King and the first to died by Last King in place of Godou. Godou dont need another campione rival he already have enough trouble with just Doni and Voban. As for harem I dont think he need another Luo Hao.
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 02:19   Link #6502
florza
一日之计在于晨

It'll be pretty funny if the new character isn't a campione, just something that kills gods.

Not sure if you guys realise but "campione" isn't in the title, it's just "godslayer".
florza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 02:27   Link #6503
Yami no Ou
まおう

Quote:
Originally Posted by florza View Post
It'll be pretty funny if the new character isn't a campione, just something that kills gods.

Not sure if you guys realise but "campione" isn't in the title, it's just "godslayer".
basically "Godslayer" is a "Campione"
Old 2013-05-07, 02:28   Link #6504
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
Shizuka became a campione ?
Now that's a recipe for disaster.
Suddenly I imagine I begin to imagine what happen if there are guys from magic communities try to come close to Shizuka only to meet the wrath of Godou as her brother.
Actually, I think it will be very funny to have the YinghuaxShizuka couple. I like to see how Godou will react when his little sister get herself a boyfriend.
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 03:35   Link #6505
Trung-t-rung

Yinghua will probably not survive Godou's wrath, probably in the form of being kicked in the guts with Camel or being chase by Boar
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 03:39   Link #6506
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
Actually, I think it will be very funny to have the YinghuaxShizuka couple. I like to see how Godou will react when his little sister get herself a boyfriend.
He will feel sorry for Yinghua. He already got tortured so much by his Campione master, he will die for sure with Campione girlfriend as addition.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 03:57   Link #6507
florza
一日之计在于晨

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami no Ou View Post
basically "Godslayer" is a "Campione"
An apple is a fruit, but not all fruits are apples.

A campione is a godslayer, but a godslayer does not necessarily have to be a campione. It's not like gods haven't fought amongst themselves before (e.g. Melqart vs Verethragna, Athena vs Perseus). I'm pretty sure Verethragna has fought a lot of gods before, and that might have included a few kills.

Of course, the probability of that happening is like 10%. It's almost certain to be another campione.
Old 2013-05-07, 04:53   Link #6508
ImperialFlameGod8190

In case u didn't know Campione got an update and props to Yuri for stepping it up
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 05:27   Link #6509
whitecloud

shizuka is basically a potetial femme fatalle as godou said...so yinghua will be more happy in her hand rather in the hand in her teacher who is a sadist...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 08:53   Link #6510
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by florza View Post
An apple is a fruit, but not all fruits are apples.

A campione is a godslayer, but a godslayer does not necessarily have to be a campione. It's not like gods haven't fought amongst themselves before (e.g. Melqart vs Verethragna, Athena vs Perseus). I'm pretty sure Verethragna has fought a lot of gods before, and that might have included a few kills.

Of course, the probability of that happening is like 10%. It's almost certain to be another campione.
Yes, but the title "godslayer", in the context of this LN, refers to Campione, just like when you say "football" in America, almost all people (if not everybody) will think that "it's not soccer"

Also, it has never been stated that a god will get a new authority if he kills another god.

I don't mean to be rude but I think you're thinking a bit too much about this small detail
Old 2013-05-07, 09:40   Link #6511
Yami no Ou
まおう

well and its also stated that its the 8th right? so that means it is a Campione
Old 2013-05-07, 10:50   Link #6512
Algester

why is it there is a passage in Volume 13 that makes me think Athena has returned... I mean who else has Silver hair from the cast asides from Liliana
Quote:
Meanwhile, at the same moment as when the storm of gravity finally calmed down—

The location was a certain forest in the French region of Brittany. Deep in this forest by a certain lakeside, a silver-haired girl looked up into the sky. Watching the winter constellations with her eyes of darkness, she listened carefully with her ears.

But she had no idea why.

Miraculously, she could sense the presence of a storm created in a faraway region of the ocean.

"Hmph. Guided by ill fate, an encounter with this goddess lieth in the future... Verily, this destiny summoned a storm, has it not?"

These words rolled over the tip of her tongue like fine wine.

Slowly and carefully, she savored the premonition of the inevitable battle.
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 10:51   Link #6513
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algester View Post
why is it there is a passage in Volume 13 that makes me think Athena has returned... I mean who else has Silver hair from the cast
Did you not read the end of Vol 10? Go have another look ..
Old 2013-05-07, 11:04   Link #6514
Algester

well in volume 12 it says Perseus just returned... back to the battlefield and he liked died 6 months? prior to New Year... thats quite quick of her to be back like less than that
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 11:17   Link #6515
Trung-t-rung

No, it's likely to be a new goddess from the power of Lancelot and old Athena
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 12:19   Link #6516
florza
一日之计在于晨

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Yes, but the title "godslayer", in the context of this LN, refers to Campione, just like when you say "football" in America, almost all people (if not everybody) will think that "it's not soccer"

Also, it has never been stated that a god will get a new authority if he kills another god.

I don't mean to be rude but I think you're thinking a bit too much about this small detail
Your argument makes absolutely no sense (the first part). Nowhere in the text does it say a godslayer has to be a campione.

Anyway, do you remember a certain medallion? Do you recall anything special about that medallion? Something that happens to it when... a god dies? That's the reason I'm not going to completely eliminate that possibility. Of course, it could always be done the good ol' Guinevere way, campin'n'stealin'.
Old 2013-05-07, 12:27   Link #6517
Ultragunner

Quote:
A Campione – a Godslayer – is a supreme ruler.
Since he can kill a celestial being, he can therefore call on the sacrosanct, divine powers wielded by the gods.
A Campione – a Godslayer – is a lord.
Since the power to kill a deity is in his hands, he therefore looms over all mortals on Earth.
A Campione – a Godslayer – is a devil.
if you see "godslayer" as ones that can kill gods, then yes, other gods can be called like that.
But like I say, In the context - settings of this LN, when people say "godslayer", others will understand that a Campione is being referred to.
Another word that can be used like this is "Devil King", yeah normally we'll think that it is a very evil king that is described as a devil. Or devil king can mean the king of devils itself.

Oh well, I won't talk about this again, you can think whatever you want

Last edited by Ultragunner; 2013-05-07 at 12:39.
Ultragunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 12:50   Link #6518
Awrya
U mad?

All florza pointed out is that a campione is a godslayer, but a godslayer is not necessarily a campione, which is true.

I do believe Vol.14 will introduce a new campione, but as florza pointed out there is a chance it is a godslayer, but not a campione, since the title is The 8th Godslayer, not The 8th Campione (author's fault for being ambiguous).

It was mentioned that if Pandora doesn't like the fight, a human won't become a campione even if he killed a god.
Using Loki and Baldr as an example , if Loki tricked a human instead of Höðr to throw the mistletoe, the human would be known as a godslayer. But since Pandora would unlikely accept that kill, the human won't become a campione.
Old 2013-05-07, 14:46   Link #6519
Hidfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
No, it's likely to be a new goddess from the power of Lancelot and old Athena
I think you are confused. There are two artifacts, the Medallion and the Grail. The Medallion absorbs STEEL authorities or even the whole essence of the steel gods and is used for the “Arrowhead”. The Grail absorbs the life force of earth goddesses and this life force is used as energy for his Sword.

The Goddess reborn at the end of Vol 10 and the silver haired one in 13 IS Athena. Not a mixture because her life force was brought back from the Grail. She was reset (which means her memories were erased though not completely) and a new “order” was implanted in her.
Hidfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 17:15   Link #6520
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraig View Post
The way how story progress so far I dont see the reason why the 8th Campione need to be introduce except for the trigger that will finally awaken the Last King and the first to died by Last King in place of Godou. Godou dont need another campione rival he already have enough trouble with just Doni and Voban. As for harem I dont think he need another Luo Hao.
Except niether Doni or Voban are real competition or rival for Godou they have there own seperate territories and rarely interact with Godou. The 8th being another Campione native to Japan trying to both usurp Godou position as Japan's Campione and stealing his girls from is just the sort of kick in the pants Godou needs. The boy needs some motivation to get past his half hearted ways.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem