AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-04-05, 07:20   Link #21
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

It's probably selling enough to warrant its own site now, most likely. Having two titles, Vanadis and Naga, as MF Bunko J's war series is definitely an awesome thing to look forward to.

It's funny how the site layout for Naga is reminiscent of Vanadis's own site layout, complete with the fanservice pics as links to brief volume preview samples. Just something I found amusing.

With Naga's Volume 4 coming out August, as you mentioned, and Vanadis 7 next month, things are looking up for 戦記 LN readers. I wonder if MF Bunko J's going to try and publish more 戦記 LN titles, or will they be content with just these two?

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2013-04-05 at 07:36.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 09:09   Link #22
DevotionFX
紅月の瞋願

Just has read ch.0 of manga already.
Nothing much, just the second prologue in Vol.1 of novel's material.
Spoiler for Ch.0:
DevotionFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 11:05   Link #23
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Couldn't wait for Vanadis 7 since it got delayed yet again (which means Thousand and Aegis's Volume 11 is most likely going to be delayed as well), so I pushed it off and ordered the 3 available volumes of this series. Terribly excited to get a hold of this series and start reading it as soon as possible; can't wait!
Old 2013-06-28, 22:07   Link #24
blackwhite67
Banned

First chapter out courtesy of Bento Scans, but only 10 pages!
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 11:56   Link #25
OtakuFreak88
Tada no Hachidori

Last edited by OtakuFreak88; 2015-11-09 at 05:41.
OtakuFreak88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 00:10   Link #26
n0m@n
C-Z

Lol. There are too much girls(witches) in this LN. Already more than dozen of the witches had their names revealed, but I only remember half of them. Also these witches are different from those you see in other stories. They are more like those woman in Amazon that use black-magic like thing. So they wear revealing clothes which looks like those worn by tribes.
Old 2013-07-03, 20:15   Link #27
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Lol. There are too much girls(witches) in this LN. Already more than dozen of the witches had their names revealed, but I only remember half of them. Also these witches are different from those you see in other stories. They are more like those woman in Amazon that use black-magic like thing. So they wear revealing clothes which looks like those worn by tribes.
The woman in the amazon wore nothing!
Old 2013-07-04, 05:29   Link #28
n0m@n
C-Z

Seriously?
How do I go to Amazon then?
Old 2013-07-04, 05:50   Link #29
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Just a heads up:
The author behind this series, 舞阪洸, is working on a new series for Famitsu Bunko, which was also the publisher behind his previous completed series, ガブリエラ戦記 (Gabriella Senki). The new series is 夜姫と亡国の六姫士 (and considering the similarity of the title to this one (落ちてきた龍王と滅びゆく魔女の国) thematically, take from that what you will.

I'll be checking it out as LNs I've checked out from Famitsu Bunko have had great track records so far when it came to my personal preferences. Another personal reason would be that MF Bunko J's tendencies to stuff harem and lovecom into their series tends to get annoying this new series seems like it's going to be another military tactics-slash-politics series, and I love stuff like that especially from this author.

以上です
Old 2013-07-04, 06:53   Link #30
OtakuFreak88
Tada no Hachidori

Old 2013-07-04, 07:04   Link #31
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Some authors juggle 2 or more series at the same time. It's not too surprising.

I was referring to 落ちてきた龍王と滅びゆく魔女の and 夜姫と亡国の六姫士 being thematically similar via the bolded parts. Not implying any direct connections or the likes, just merely saying that both series seem to be thematically reminiscent of each other.

According to the write up for 夜姫と亡国の六姫士:
Quote:
エルゲン王国の第二王女にて勇猛果敢な戦女神バイオレッタ。その傍にはいつも、一騎当千の兵である六姫士が 控えていた。彼女たちの大願、それは――祖国の領地を奪り戻し王国を復興させること。国王と王太子が討ち死 にし王都を失われてもなお、バイオレッタの類い稀な指導力によって、奮戦を続ける復興軍。しかし、敵国の公 女リーザが進発してきたその時、主力同士が激突する一大決戦がはじまる――! 時代の寵児、夜姫の愛と戦いと裏切りのハイ・ファンタジー、堂々開幕!
夜姫と亡国の六姫士 is going to be high fantasy, and there's going to be romance in it. The high fantasy bit already has me stoked much.

Honestly speaking, I won't be losing any sleep over the absence of harem or fanservice elements.
Old 2013-07-04, 07:23   Link #32
n0m@n
C-Z

I'm looking forward to 夜姫と亡国の六姫士 as well.
People said that the author wouldn't finish ガブリエラ戦記 but he did
Oh yeah, I also need to get volume 3 of Altina.

Last edited by n0m@n; 2013-07-04 at 07:40.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 07:48   Link #33
OtakuFreak88
Tada no Hachidori

Old 2013-07-04, 08:03   Link #34
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

夜姫と亡国の六姫士 is more along the lines of ガブリエラ戦記 (Gabriella Senki), which involves an all-female protagonist cast.

I don't quite see how having harem/fanservice is fundamental to war strategy genre when the latter can stand on its own well enough.

EDIT: I doubt my initial post made it clear, so I should elaborate.

MF Bunko J is popular for their series with abundant harem and fanservice. On the flipside, Famitsu Bunko doesn't subscribe to those genres as often as MF Bunko J does. Hence the reason why I won't be losing any sleep nor would be bothered with the lack of harem/fanservice in 夜姫と亡国の六姫士, because it's a Famitsu Bunko title (and because I'm looking for the next Gabriella Senki). That, and the author is great at doing his job of writing intriguing stories without resorting to harem or fanservice tropes.

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2013-07-04 at 08:21.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 08:34   Link #35
OtakuFreak88
Tada no Hachidori

Old 2013-07-04, 08:50   Link #36
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

No offense meant, but the statement:
Quote:
If you are really looking for this sort of story(with tactic only), I think apart from novels you can take a liking to those european, history based stories with plenty of fighting/battle/tactic scenes- take for instance Odyssey?
Can come off as a bit dismissive and haughty. It's not like the desire to read war strategy LNs suddenly precludes me from indulging in LN reading.

You probably mean the Iliad, instead of Odyssey. There's not a lot of strategy in either of them, either way.
Old 2013-07-04, 09:11   Link #37
OtakuFreak88
Tada no Hachidori

Last edited by OtakuFreak88; 2015-11-09 at 05:40.
Old 2013-07-04, 18:32   Link #38
n0m@n
C-Z

Altina gets a video lol.
Old 2013-07-05, 05:52   Link #39
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

The PV for Altina wa a very nice surprise. I wish that they'd update the sites for their series with some degree of regularity for every new volume, though. The site for Altina and Hiera Glaphicos are barely updated at all, and it's kind of depressing.

Speaking of Altina, I'm surprised the author is continuing his MF Bunko J series considering how badly it was panned. Should just stick with Altina imo.
Old 2013-07-09, 15:38   Link #40
Avaricia
My Lord

Chp. 2 just got released and can someone tell me what's up with his language?
Wait... Daughters? Harrigan got daughters?
This heroine sure is rare...
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
another world, fantasy, harem, strategy