Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-06, 23:13   Link #2381
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well... it might otherwise bother me, but I see why it was done. It builds interest/excitement in the minds of the fans, and gives people something to cheer for, even though many will be inevitably disappointed.
I do too, , but even then IMO they really ended it too fast and too soon. It's like they went into get-to-the-end-nao mode as soon as they tripped all the obligatory flags just so they can end at around the same time as the anime.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 23:14   Link #2382
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
I believe it is possible for children to have different hair colors from their parents due to recessive and dominant traits right? I don't remember which colors are dominant and recessive but if the parents were dominant with recessive genes then that would easily explain it.

Also its possible he didn't really think about that and just made the characters the way he wanted them to look disregarding genes and such.
It's more complicated than that. If Kirino's parent both had heterozygous genes for hair color, then the possibility of Kirino having the hair color she did would be entirely possible. Both parents would need to have the recessive allele to the gene and then there is a 25% percent chance that the offspring would have the recessive gene which expresses a different hair color from the parents. That's the nuts and bolts of it, i guess.
Old 2013-06-06, 23:19   Link #2383
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
I do too, , but even then IMO they really ended it too fast and too soon. It's like they went into get-to-the-end-nao mode as soon as they tripped all the obligatory flags just so they can end at around the same time as the anime.
Well, part of that may come down to the overly-simplistic summary, so I'm reserving some judgement until we get more details. But that aside, it seems from the recent interview that it wasn't primarily motivated by coinciding with the anime, but was just fortunate timing. And... well, once the cat's out of the bag, the fanbase is fractured, so re-building the momentum for future novels (and thus spreading it out more) may be a trick. I even wonder what impact this may have on the anime (which is why I'm curious what announcements may happen next week).

I suppose the "flaw" as it were is less in getting everything resolved so quickly at the end, but actually in keeping Kyousuke's true feelings so close to his vest for so long and making that "the final reveal". That and, of course, placing so many distractors so that people would keep debating what was going to happen 'till the end (and now, even beyond). But again, that's required to keep the suspense/fan-wars going. It's definitely a catch-22.
Old 2013-06-06, 23:23   Link #2384
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assort Dis View Post
Yeah, I was going back the pages since I was surprised all this ending spoilers came so suddenly. That was really a bad move on Kirino's side, though.

Anyway, it's a shame that Kuroneko didn't win in the end but incest is fine, too.
I agree, it was not a smart move by Kirino to taunt Jimiko like that. But from her POV it is understandable. She was releasing the frustration, that built up over such a long time. And for guys like me, who detest Manami, well, our views towards her have been (at least partly) confirmed.
Kakurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 23:34   Link #2385
chaosprophet

I have to read the whole vol 12 when it gets translated to be able to do a fair judgement, but from what people said about the ending here seems like I will be satisfied by it.

There was three type of endings I wouldn't like:
- an open one, and by that i mean a real open one where the MC never decides who he likes or we just show he confessing to someone but are never told who it was and the like.
- an end that doesn't fit with the development shown, for instance, he suddenly deciding he likes Sena even thought there wasn't enough development there for it.
- and "incest" end but where they play the "not really blood related" card. I mean it could have been fine if used around the beginning. But on the later stages it feels like just an excuse and also makes it feels like the trouble they went through was for naught.

While some people see it's as an open end, I don't think so, as the main point for me is about the feelings. Kyousuke and Kirino have feelings for each other as we know the volume shows . Also the 10 years later part does imply that regardless of whether they went into hiding or really separated, the feelings are still there. They may not be able to be together because of society but they will like continue loving each other for years to come.

Now, I would have liked better if it expanded more about their relationship and how would that work regarding others and society (and then I still don't know how much the volume itself cover in that regard). But then in the end, a lot of anime-related love stories tend to end at the point where the couple confess and accept each other, even thought starting dating is just the first step on a relationship and things can still go a lot downhill from there.
Old 2013-06-06, 23:36   Link #2386
Kakurin
大佐

Somebody already posted a translation of the Prologue of Volume 12 on baka-tsuki.
Old 2013-06-06, 23:37   Link #2387
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Somebody already posted a translation of the Prologue of Volume 12 on baka-tsuki.
Like I said before, this isn't actually something that was in Volume 12, but what was in Volume 11 as a prologue (preview) to Volume 12. It's been up for a while now.
Old 2013-06-06, 23:39   Link #2388
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Like I said before, this isn't actually something that was in Volume 12, but what was in Volume 11 as a prologue (preview) to Volume 12. It's been up for a while now.
Ah, ok, must have missed that. Thanks for the clarification. Kind of irritating when it is filed under "prologue" in Volume 12.
Old 2013-06-06, 23:54   Link #2389
Tennedealer22

I have to ask, does any1 know of any other forums where there are LN discussions? i know of some like 4chan and chrunchyroll, to name a few, but if anyone can name a few others, I'd apreciate it, since i want to get different feels and perspectives from different angles of the LN etc etc.

Or pm me about this. If this topic deviates from other topics, and I'll just erase this.
Tennedealer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 00:13   Link #2390
pitythefool

@the people who wanted an anime original ending. It probably won't happen. Too many novels to cover with 7 episodes left and this: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ve-16-episodes

Here it is for those not willing to click link:

Aniplex confirmed at Anime Contents Expo on Saturday that the second Ore no Imōto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai (Oreimo) anime season will have 16 episodes. The first 13 episodes will air on television, and the last three episodes will be made available at the same time together. The new season will adapt the plot of the original light novel series all the way through the final novel volume.

The second season will premiere on Saturday. Aniplex of America already revealed release plans, and Crunchyroll will stream the series outside Japan as it airs.

--------

So I have my doubts about a possible anime original end, just because of the amount of light novels they are cramming into so few episodes.

My only complaint about the novel based on what I've seen is the abrupt end, and not because it's "open" and subject to interpretation, but because there won't be any elaboration on what happened after. I'm not a huge fan of where the girl wins and the story ends, I'd like a decent after story of the couple being lovey-dovey etc etc. Hopefully the 10 year after story thing will be good. If not, I'm not disappointed really, just a bit bummed cause them having to deal with incest stigma and seeing their relationship blossom further would be interesting.
pitythefool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 00:19   Link #2391
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm thinking of a few other examples of "ten year later" type epilogues. Those didn't settle the mob very well and in some cases they exploded. Of course, YMMV and there may be settling during shipment.
Old 2013-06-07, 00:27   Link #2392
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

This is one of the issues I have with the ending, I don't hate, just somewhat disappointed, after Digimon 02 I honestly doubt a relatively conclusive rom com ending can make me rage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Another issue with the ending people might have is it being ironically cliche, in terms of main girl/first girl convention, to begin with Kirino is the main character and the first girl to start the sequence of events leading to the story, the only unique thing here its their siblings, but as some have said the end also implies almost no social consequences. Which turns the relatively unique premise in which the series started into a generic Rom com.

As opposed to the idea of the sibling relationship being repaired without having it turn into wincest. I don't particularly dislike the ending. It was strangely expected despite lots of people opinions that it would go this route earlier, including myself. The 10 year short story should quieten any more speculations hopefully.

Last edited by BladeEntity; 2013-06-07 at 01:19.
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 01:13   Link #2393
Wilshere

All I know is that Kuroneko acted as a catalyst between the 2 siblings to help them express how they feel and she succeeded big time,in other words Kuroneko will still be their friend no matter what,she didnt mind an incest relationship between the two so its kinda obvious.
Wilshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 01:19   Link #2394
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

in some ways, I wonder why the Ayase advances in the latter volumes are necessary when it does not seem to have any effects on character growth, nor did it become a catalyst of the main relationship.

I cant help but to still get the feeling the author is copping out of dealing with a blood sibling relationship after giving it some more thought.

I will be hawking for the extra chapter: it would probably explain a lot of things and further solidify the future.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 01:24   Link #2395
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

The idea of reseting the choice and then leaving the volume with a kiss seems so decisive yet so ambigious at the same thing honesly I hope the 10 year SS will add some conclusiveness to this rather mixed ending.
Old 2013-06-07, 01:37   Link #2396
Reisengard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
All I know is that Kuroneko acted as a catalyst between the 2 siblings to help them express how they feel and she succeeded big time,in other words Kuroneko will still be their friend no matter what,she didnt mind an incest relationship between the two so its kinda obvious.
That's exactly what I think...
The Destiny Record may be right, after all? If she succeeds in making the three of them living happily together...

But I still feel sad for her.

The more I think about it, the more satisfied I am with this ending. It does have some cliche, all right, but I think he succeeded at creating something at least original...

I don't know if the part of the ending of both "going to live like normal siblings after that" means something like censorship either. If they let the story finish with both kissing and 'marrying', I don't think they would just stop the part of 'after that'.
Reisengard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 01:48   Link #2397
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Well, this is why the ending is the way it is: ambiguous. Having a straight-out happy ending isn't really befitting the setting (as you say), because there are too many hurdles to overcome (not least of which are barriers in editorial ).
See, and this is exactly why I call this resolution - and consequently the show - a failure, and this ending a mere cop-out. The story began on a relatively interesting promise, and initially I thought it was about exactly that: Overcoming the hurdles and resolve the tensions and relationships between the characters in some way. Instead, the show merely toyed with some developments, and then all of a sudden decided "okay, so this is where Kyousuke decides, and since there are no proper answers to the questions posed and no resolutions to the hurdles, we go back to square one".

I'm sorry, but romantic feelings just don't work this way. I genuinely question if the author simply has no experience with real life or ultimately was simply tangled in the contradictory web he weaved, but I increasingly suspect it's both.

Excuse me, but the spiteful and nasty self-centered way Kirino has dealt with Kyousuke throughout the entire show makes this whole pseudo-revelation "but I've loved him all time long" simply not credible. She was way too explicit and consistent with her continuous expressions of disgust. Kirino doesn't love Kyousuke, Kirino loves Kirino. This is also underlined in her eventual reaction to Manami.

Quote:
But having Kyousuke and Kirino somehow "turn off" their feelings for one another having come that far doesn't really make sense either, and clashes with the build-up over the course of the story. So...

Basically, given that the story revolves around Kirino and Kyousuke falling (or "re-falling"?) in love with each other, there aren't so many ways to end it and still have the pieces fit. Both the journey and the destination have to connect to each other.
You're making the case why this is a burning plane about to impact the ground where the pilot just jumped off on a parachute better than I could. The author tried to be consistent in making Kirino the target, but then realized that he could not make the puzzle pieces fit.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 01:51   Link #2398
GVN.Chaos

Say, anyone here have already gotten on volume 12? Just exactly how much of those spoiler is confirmed to be true?
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 01:51   Link #2399
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Excuse me, but the spiteful and nasty self-centered way Kirino has dealt with Kyousuke throughout the entire show makes this whole pseudo-revelation "but I've loved him all time long" simply not credible. She was way too explicit and consistent with her continuous expressions of disgust. Kirino doesn't love Kyousuke, Kirino loves Kirino. This is also underlined in her eventual reaction to Manami.
I don't know about that one. She did not hate Kyousuke, she hated the way he turned out to be after Manami convinced him, he should just play the role of a normal boy and forsake his ambitions / being cool. And to say she is nasty self-centered and only loves herself. I sincerely disagree.

@GVN.Chaos: If there are no new developments, right now the only things that are 100% sure, are
Spoiler for Confirmed Spoiler:
Old 2013-06-07, 01:52   Link #2400
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
So did anyone see the illustration with the proposal thing and Kirino's reaction to it?
Edit: I found some dialogue lines for people who want to know what Kyousuke said to Manami:
Spoiler for Kyousuke goes insane in his pursuit for love:

credits to Salo-Heika from myanimelist forums and possible others
Well he admitted that he has been searching for an other answer to prevent him for falling for her and simply cant cuz these were his true feelings,way to go Kyousuke!!! ''incest is the greatest'' still an open end people????
Wilshere is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings