AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 53 Rating
Perfect 10 40 65.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 21.31%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 11.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-21, 21:32   Link #81
Shinigami00

I enjoyed this episode a lot! The tension was incredible. These guys just continue outdoing themselves!
Old 2010-04-21, 23:08   Link #82
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Sloth and Wrath are virtues or necessities taken to an extreme?
Lust -- Twisted version of virtue of love, far too focused on its carnal pleasures.
Pride -- Twisted version of one's natural enjoyment at success, more toward one's innate features than personal actions. "Lust", but of yourself.
Gluttony -- Twisted version of natural satiation of hunger, above and beyond what is necessary. "Lust", but with food.
Greed -- Twisted version of natural urge to protect one's property, and in some cases, friends. Becomes proactive to where you don't want to leave anything for anyone else to "protect". "Lust", but with "things".
Sloth -- Twisted version of natural need to rest from time to time, to where any labor is "a hassle". "Lust", but with rest.
Wrath -- Anger, feeding upon itself, and without focus. One's own anger, if not exactly "virtuous", can be a useful impetus if kept on a tight leash.
Envy -- Jealousy of others' situations and things. Where Greed and Pride thrive upon building oneself up, Envy delights in bringing others down. The only Sin that is inherently directed towards others, and thus the one least justifiable.

So yeah, Sloth and Wrath, somewhat understandable (and still inexcusable), but Envy? No.
Old 2010-04-22, 01:28   Link #83
OkamiNoKaze

Wow, a top notch episode, plenty of action, the Fight nay ass kicking between Mustang and Envy is great. The radio station scene made me bust out laughing right along with the station crew.

Also awesome timing again as the Adult Swim episode of Brotherhood this past Saturday, was the episode where Hughes dies.
Old 2010-04-22, 08:25   Link #84
Ziziphus
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
I fully enjoyed all the scenes when Envy was getting blasted and in Pain, the sole memory of Elicia's tears in FMA (first version) is enough to make me wish Roy would make him suffer even more. For those of you who don't remember:

Damn you, vidmaker, for making fun of Hughes' death! And damn you, CuXe for posting it!

(And in case you haven't realized yet, I'm just kidding! )
Old 2010-04-22, 18:42   Link #85
Kaiba

Quote:
Nah. Not that there's anything wrong with villains who are evil for the sake of being evil, awesome baddies like the Joker and Kefka come to mind, but Envy's not like that. If you've paid attention to his behaviour you should already suspect that there's more to his enjoyment of humans' suffering than he lets on. Just look at how much he loathes being looked down on by humans and how royally pissed he gets when it happens, like in his fight against Ling and later on against Marcoh.

That's all I can say for now though.
Oh, I've read the manga, and I know exactly what you're referring to, I call Envy pathetic for a reason. And even the Joker has an inherent method to his madness. Either way, we can argue a ton more over this later.
Old 2010-04-24, 02:25   Link #86
GaimeGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Lust -- Twisted version of virtue of love, far too focused on its carnal pleasures.
Pride -- Twisted version of one's natural enjoyment at success, more toward one's innate features than personal actions. "Lust", but of yourself.
Gluttony -- Twisted version of natural satiation of hunger, above and beyond what is necessary. "Lust", but with food.
Greed -- Twisted version of natural urge to protect one's property, and in some cases, friends. Becomes proactive to where you don't want to leave anything for anyone else to "protect". "Lust", but with "things".
Sloth -- Twisted version of natural need to rest from time to time, to where any labor is "a hassle". "Lust", but with rest.
Wrath -- Anger, feeding upon itself, and without focus. One's own anger, if not exactly "virtuous", can be a useful impetus if kept on a tight leash.
Envy -- Jealousy of others' situations and things. Where Greed and Pride thrive upon building oneself up, Envy delights in bringing others down. The only Sin that is inherently directed towards others, and thus the one least justifiable.

So yeah, Sloth and Wrath, somewhat understandable (and still inexcusable), but Envy? No.
Sloth is more laziness than fatigue, and it isn't just physical laziness. Rather, it is being capable of doing something, but being apathetic to performing it.
Old 2010-04-24, 03:07   Link #87
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaimeGuy View Post
Sloth is more laziness than fatigue, and it isn't just physical laziness. Rather, it is being capable of doing something, but being apathetic to performing it.
Well, yeah, that's what I was getting at. "Where any labor is a 'hassle'." It was a bit of a reference to the current episodes (Sloth's catchphrase).

EDIT: Holy crap, 54 is an awesome episode... Couldn't wait for the thread... ^_^

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2010-04-25 at 04:06.
Closed Thread