AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-17, 01:31   Link #41
Karnot
Banned

Seems like Arakawa has the worst luck ever, anime-wise. First FMA anime was practically ruined by amateurish replotting, and now this... i feel for her, poor woman.
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 01:51   Link #42
Westlo
Lets be reality

Doesn't Arakawa have nothing to do with the story and only draws the manga?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 02:16   Link #43
Karnot
Banned

Quote:
Doesn't Arakawa have nothing to do with the story and only draws the manga?
1) So ? Doesnt change the fact that her work is messed with.
2) Its said that she's not only the artist, but in fact the "Hero Tales" is a collaborate project with most plot things being group desicions.
Old 2007-10-17, 07:57   Link #44
Kirarakim

Arakawa actually requests that the anime versions of her manga be different from her manga.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 08:25   Link #45
Karnot
Banned

Huh ? Is that true ?
Is she enjoying tormenting people with awful screenplays ala FMA ?
Old 2007-10-17, 09:41   Link #46
CSakuraS
Canon Whore

Well, it's likely that the anime was being made long before the manga. Arakawa was planning the anime with Studio Flag even before her debut as a manga author. So any differences between the manga and anime are completely intentional.
CSakuraS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 10:49   Link #47
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

looks like an interesting new anime. can't believe there isn't more fuss about it
Old 2007-10-18, 17:15   Link #48
DangerMouse

Same here, this show needs more people noticing it. Hopefully after people watch the second episode that caps off the second part of the fight and does some more set up we'll see some more thread activity.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 05:22   Link #49
Westlo
Lets be reality

I enjoyed the first episode and I'm looking forward to more.
Old 2007-10-19, 10:00   Link #50
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Arakawa actually requests that the anime versions of her manga be different from her manga.
I'm pretty sure Arakawa wasn't very happy about how FMA anime ended up, she even made a comic strip expressing her disgust towards Studio Bones..

Anyway...judging by the first episode Hero Tales looks generic as hell, but somehow it kept me interested. Let's see how it goes on.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 12:01   Link #51
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty
I'm pretty sure Arakawa wasn't very happy about how FMA anime ended up, she even made a comic strip expressing her disgust towards Studio Bones..
I think a lot of people take that comic out of context. It's more likely she was joking. She never actually commented on how she felt about the anime.

However even if she disapproved of the anime the fact is she does want the anime and manga to be different.

And I am not trying to defend the anime versions. Because I do like the FMA manga a lot more than the anime. And so far I like the Juushin Enbu manga better than the anime as well.

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2007-10-19 at 12:34.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 12:08   Link #52
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Mind linking to that so-called disgust-towards-studio-bones comic strip? (pic or purchasing link) Because the way I see it, only manga fanatics are making a big fuss over the changes the anime made. And I definitely won't call the change "amateurish replotting", because no other anime adaptation has had so much planning and effort put into place to come up with original material of its quality, all the while keeping the anime fairly consistent (with the manga material they've animated).

This isn't the place to bash Bones, and this sure as hell isn't the way to judge the anime (with only a few episodes out so far) just because "another of Arakawa's work was previously messed with".
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 16:19   Link #53
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yeah it's not like FMA got treated like Samurai Deeper Kyo....
Old 2007-10-19, 22:59   Link #54
Karnot
Banned

Quote:
because no other anime adaptation has had so much planning and effort put into place to come up with original material of its quality,
I'm sorry, what quality is that ? Even if i didnt read the manga, second half of anime is quite strikingly different in plot detail and quality. Everything gets oversimplified and cliche'd. No thanks. Please no more "original material of its quality".
Old 2007-10-20, 13:13   Link #55
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yeah second half of FMA was clearly on the same level as Naruto and Bleach filler, 3rd season of Rurouni Kenshin and Da Capo season II.
Old 2007-10-20, 14:26   Link #56
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for ep 2:
I didn't notice any 'dramatic' drop in quality in ep two. One or two shots were a bit rough, but that's just lazy artwork not poor animation. These are forgiveable because the direction is tight enough to smooth them over without being too jarring. Having said that it's typical of an anime become a bit more budget conscious after a good opening episode, so it's not unexpected to see some corners being cut. I'll be quite happy if ep 2 is the standard for the whole series. It could be a lot worse.

Oh, and Taitou's vein popping beserker state reminds me of Pat Mills' Slaine comics; when Slaine used to do his 'warp spasm' and vent fountains of blood. Anyone read that comic?
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 22:22   Link #57
CSakuraS
Canon Whore

Spoiler for Episode 3...:

Randomly, I wonder just what target audience they're expecting for this show, since they keep showing the men in their loincloths? O_o Every time they take a dip in the water, Laila is the only one who manages to keep her clothes on. Not that I'm complaining, but it's....odd.
CSakuraS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 01:13   Link #58
Karnot
Banned

Quote:
Randomly, I wonder just what target audience they're expecting for this show, since they keep showing the men in their loincloths? O_o Every time they take a dip in the water, Laila is the only one who manages to keep her clothes on. Not that I'm complaining, but it's....odd.
Inukami went much further with male nudity, and i know many males who absolutely worship the title...
Old 2007-10-22, 06:35   Link #59
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSakuraS View Post

Arakawa likes her honed male bodies. FMA had plenty of shirtless Ed and others. The female contingent is a huge audience to have onboard with any new show, so perhaps that's the plan. Having said that I don't want to see the wind being blown up Ryuko's loincloth under any circumstances.

Perhaps things will change when Rinmei turns up...
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 13:00   Link #60
Karnot
Banned

This series seems to be totally ignored...too bad.