AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-27, 03:20   Link #161
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Last episode was fairly dialogue intensive again, but plenty of action aswell.
Spoiler for episode 26:

I cant wait for Lunar to catch up subbing these episodes, since the last 2 had a tone of dialogue i got the impression i was missing something important. Overal those this series was freaking awesome, easily gets a 9/10 from me. One of the few mecha shows i think i'll keep on my comp and watch a few times over

Last edited by Tiamat's Disciple; 2007-09-27 at 03:22. Reason: added spoiler tags i forgot to close doh!!
Old 2007-10-28, 22:13   Link #162
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

It's a triple release from Lunar!!

Episodes 19, 20 & 21 are available in the usual locations!

Old 2007-10-28, 23:42   Link #163
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

If they follow their recent trend we'll have two more releases. Though id rather have them wait and do one big release of the last 5 episodes.
Old 2007-10-29, 09:12   Link #164
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
If they follow their recent trend we'll have two more releases. Though id rather have them wait and do one big release of the last 5 episodes.
Either way is fine with me. I'm just looking forward to Lunar finishing the series. After the rather long hiatus they took in the middle, I'm waiting till the whole thing is subbed before going back and watching the entire anime from beginning to end.
Old 2007-11-12, 16:30   Link #165
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

I'm usually patient but I'm a little annoyed that I still haven't finished this series. I guess opting to follow the subs when they're free flowing is not always the best idea. Ho-hum. Ganbare Luna.

In the meantime I have to say the soundtrack is simply godly. It's certainly one of the contenders for OST of the year (along with Terra he..., Moribito and Bokurano). BRAVE and LEGEND are amazing tracks, truly stirring stuff...
Old 2007-11-13, 21:42   Link #166
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
Wow, I just read something really interesting on Heisei Democracy, which was taken from Moon Phase:

If this is true, this explains the very poor quality of the overall art quality in this series as it progressed. No wonder all the promo art, DVD art and all that is being done by Keiji Gotoh, the director.
I wasn't aware of this.. haven't been reading up on GF much until recently as I stopped watching for a while. I don't see how the degredation of the animation quality in some episodes (there's not been a great deal of change on the DVDs as far as I can see BTW) can be blamed on the lack of one of the character designers since the designs (for the main characters at least) were obviously already drawn before they even started animating anything. Since Gotoh is an artist/animator/character designer before he is a director is it not unusual for him to produce artwork for his shows. He illustrated the DVD covers, but the box and art cards were drawn by Megumi.
Old 2007-12-25, 02:23   Link #167
strategos

Havent seen a release from this aniime in a while. Did it stoped, the subbings?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
Old 2007-12-25, 04:08   Link #168
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
In the meantime I have to say the soundtrack is simply godly. It's certainly one of the contenders for OST of the year (along with Terra he..., Moribito and Bokurano). BRAVE and LEGEND are amazing tracks, truly stirring stuff...
Champion it here! It's on the way to being eliminated due to everyone's lack of exposure to it.

On another note, LEGEND hasn't been used in the subbed episodes so far, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos View Post
Havent seen a release from this aniime in a while. Did it stoped, the subbings?
Well, we're still waiting. And since there hasn't been a drop announcement from Lunar, so they're still at it, I guess.
Old 2007-12-26, 19:11   Link #169
Blaat

Why is the UN flag different? e.g. displaying Antarctica instead of the other continents?
Old 2007-12-26, 21:34   Link #170
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Why is the UN flag different? e.g. displaying Antarctica instead of the other continents?
cause it's anime!!!
Old 2007-12-27, 01:42   Link #171
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Probably the same reason you see all these wierd brand name items such as the Suny Walkman or WcDonalds in anime.
Old 2007-12-27, 11:30   Link #172
mdauben

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
Well, we're still waiting. And since there hasn't been a drop announcement from Lunar, so they're still at it, I guess.
I was checking their website and forum, and it's been pretty inactive for the last couple months (not just no Gigantic Forumula, but no anything). I just hope nothing happened to the group...
Old 2007-12-27, 12:43   Link #173
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Groups frequently go into silence when RL jumps up and bites them. A few groups have been classed as 'dead' for over a year and then resurfaced.

You'll probably find most of the staff were uni students or something, and are now currently settling into their new lives. Once things calm down again they'll be back

The best place to get info on a groups isnt the forums either, it's their chat rooms. I've noticed some of the larger groups don't really post on their sites anymore, and seem to have gone over to chat rooms.
Old 2007-12-30, 19:39   Link #174
coroloro

I think that regardless of whether they've dropped it, SOMEONE should step in and finish the last two episodes. I mean come on- TWO EPISODES LEFT. THey're out there, and we want to see them translated! Please, please, PLEASE somebody convince someone to translate the last two episodes!

We have multiple fansub groups going at the same anime in other anime series right now, but Gigantic is untouched- this is a great series, it DESERVES to be finished!
Old 2007-12-30, 20:51   Link #175
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by coroloro View Post
I think that regardless of whether they've dropped it, SOMEONE should step in and finish the last two episodes. I mean come on- TWO EPISODES LEFT. THey're out there, and we want to see them translated! Please, please, PLEASE somebody convince someone to translate the last two episodes!

We have multiple fansub groups going at the same anime in other anime series right now, but Gigantic is untouched- this is a great series, it DESERVES to be finished!
Erm, I guess you mean five. But I agree that it at least deserves to be finished, especially when this poor ole series doesn't have a rat's chance in hell of getting licensed.
Old 2007-12-31, 10:37   Link #176
mdauben

Quote:
The best place to get info on a groups isnt the forums either, it's their chat rooms. I've noticed some of the larger groups don't really post on their sites anymore, and seem to have gone over to chat rooms.
So, has anyone been to their IRC channel recenly? For some reason I seem to have a mental block as far as IRC goes. The technology just seems too confusing and archaic to try and figure out when websites, blogs and forums are so much easier and more user friendly these days.

Foolish on my part, I suppose, since many groups seem to be in love with the stupid thing, but...
Old 2007-12-31, 11:21   Link #177
jpwong

Quote:
Well, that's a good place to look if you're just looking for a "we're still subbing this" in their topic title, I'd be a little hesitant to actually flat out ask in channel. A lot of groups written or unwritten policies these days happen to include kickbanning anyone who inquires about the status of anything.

In the end "It will be out when it's ready" is generally the best you'll get anyway.
Old 2007-12-31, 11:39   Link #178
Ottocycle

I was at Lunar's channel till 3 minutes ago, and all signs point to it being neglected, yeah so I guess we won't be seeing them in a while.

Keeping this on-topic, I've finished the series through raws and I think I understand some of the Japanese, anyone(who's watched them too or want to be spoiled) want a summary or anything?
Old 2008-02-16, 12:21   Link #179
vanguardian1

Since this series fansub seems officially dead (at least for the time being), does anyone have a link to any one of those anime episode blogs that would have the summaries of the final episodes?
Old 2008-02-23, 10:04   Link #180
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardian1 View Post
Since this series fansub seems officially dead (at least for the time being), does anyone have a link to any one of those anime episode blogs that would have the summaries of the final episodes?
I don't think they're dead yet! Lunar has released episode 22!

Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, supernatural