AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-09-10, 10:10   Link #341
leongsh
Daijoubu!

12年目 just means 12th year. If the commentator is a high schooler, they would have stated 高校[x]年.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-10, 14:32   Link #342
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Any possibility he's actually 12 years old?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-14, 10:14   Link #343
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So they went into extra innings. Still think Meisei will lose, because even if they won they'd just lose the next match with Touma out of commission (he's already going beyond his limits), and that'd be a very anticlimactic way of ending the season. Toushu on the other hand can probably beat Seinan even without Mita at the top of his game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
No, they refer to Touma as "10th Grade" all the time. As to whether they use high school seniors for Koushien commentary I honestly have no idea. I've seen bits and pieces of games on TV but never saw a shot of the guys in the booth.
leongsh is completely right. They referred to Touma as a first year (in high school) and Mita as a third year in this episode once again. They never use 10th grader or 12th grader. I can't think of any anime that do.

Don't ask me why they display the number of years that guy's been commenting, but that's really the only thing this number can mean. No, I don't think he's 12
Old 2019-09-14, 10:18   Link #344
Decel

From what I have seen in Anime it has always been broken into junior high (grades 1-3) and high school (grades 1-3 again).

From the subs, the younger announcer had 12 years of experience, the older one 25 years of experience.

Annoying coincidence that I stopped reading Mix (troubles finding good regular subs) at the same spot the anime ends. It's been a fun ride though. Now I have to hunt down Cross Game which I totally missed out on when it aired.
Old 2019-09-14, 11:10   Link #345
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
leongsh is completely right. They referred to Touma as a first year (in high school) and Mita as a third year in this episode once again. They never use 10th grader or 12th grader. I can't think of any anime that do.
The point is it's the subs that refer to Touma as a 10th grader, and the subs that refer to the play by play guy as "12th year". Maybe it does refer to 12 years as a broadcaster (though why you'd say that about him and use age to refer to the color man is beyond me) but if it was referring to him as a 12th year student it wouldn't be inconsistent.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-14, 11:35   Link #346
Frontier

So...is old lady face really a high schooler or does she just dress up as one? Because that was definitely beer she was holding in her hand. Maybe she's just been held back a lot ?
Old 2019-09-14, 19:00   Link #347
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
The point is it's the subs that refer to Touma as a 10th grader, and the subs that refer to the play by play guy as "12th year". Maybe it does refer to 12 years as a broadcaster (though why you'd say that about him and use age to refer to the color man is beyond me) but if it was referring to him as a 12th year student it wouldn't be inconsistent.
It would be inconsistent because there's a "12" in his introduction box in the Japanese text.
Old 2019-09-14, 19:04   Link #348
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
So...is old lady face really a high schooler or does she just dress up as one? Because that was definitely beer she was holding in her hand. Maybe she's just been held back a lot ?
Yeah, I've never seen Adachi show one of his high schoolers illegally drinking. Not sure what the gag is with her.
Old 2019-09-15, 08:40   Link #349
Arya

He is having fun with her, just a recurrent character, but probably he is joking about how his characters resemble each other to the point to not tell them apart. He could always says that they are not the same character. And definitely they are not. I don't thing Sou / Tou school mate is the same who was on air on that TV show with Haruka mother.

About the episode nothing much to say, it went almost as expected. As Kanon I also think Meisei will lose the game. It would be better for many reasons. Instead I'm not sure Sou should take the responsibility to let Tou still play, the burden of the game is one thing, but this one is on a different level. Said even if I know that Tou is the MC and no way he will break anything soon. I'm more pointing at the coach than him of course. Haruka's father doesn't have a strong personality, does he? If his wife is of any indication ..

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-15, 15:07   Link #350
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I expect them to lose in the first half of the episode and spend the second half showing the reactions of the various characters. Maybe a home-run in the bottom of the 12th to end it quickly. Whether Tou gives up the run or a reliever, I don't know.

Old lady classmate probably doesn't get carded very often I suspect.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-15, 15:13   Link #351
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Maybe she's as old as she looks and is a character from Touch that's been held back ever since.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-21, 08:12   Link #352
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

There was supposed to be an episode today but for some reason CR hasn't uploaded it yet. Are they having some sort of technical problems?
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-21, 08:46   Link #353
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I don't see a raw in the usual places either.
Old 2019-09-21, 09:20   Link #354
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Episode 24 is listed as having aired at Anichart, but maybe that's just automated? (Don't see an entry for Kitarou though.)

This is an area where Crunchyroll routinely fails at customer support. There's no announcement of any kind on the show page. Do they think we won't notice there's no episode and wonder what's up?
Old 2019-09-21, 10:23   Link #355
Uribatake

Syoboi says they suspended episode 24's broadcast (I suppose it was because of the Rugby World Cup, which is taking place in Japan), and it's not clear whether it will air next Saturday. My Hero Academia S4 won't take over the time slot until 10/12, so it should air before then.

Edit: the show's official website says episode 24 will air next Saturday, 9/28.

Last edited by Uribatake; 2019-09-21 at 11:44.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-21, 11:46   Link #356
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
This is an area where Crunchyroll routinely fails at customer support. There's no announcement of any kind on the show page. Do they think we won't notice there's no episode and wonder what's up?
I really hate this kind of support. No mention if there was delayed or even postponed announcement.
Old 2019-09-21, 15:15   Link #357
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
(Don't see an entry for Kitarou though.)
Syoboi lists episode 74 of Kitarou even though Anichart did not.
Old 2019-09-28, 07:19   Link #358
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

It's finally over. I don't think there's enough content for a second season. I'm sad.
Old 2019-09-28, 07:46   Link #359
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It'll happen, assuming Adachi's pitching drawing arm holds up.
Old 2019-09-28, 09:08   Link #360
leongsh
Daijoubu!

This episode’s ED is indicative that we are highly unlikely to get a second season of Mix. It’s an epilogue of what happens thereafter which we have not even gotten to the start of yet in the manga. If there is to be a second season of Mix, it would be in the far future when Adachi is close to wrapping it up.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adachi mitsuru, baseball, sports