AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-08-10, 22:22   Link #321
Tuor

Apparently someone forgot to explain a basic law to Clayman: what goes around, comes around.
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-10, 23:58   Link #322
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I know introducing all the other demon lords (and dragon) is important before walpurgis, but they really just went with another talking heads episode right after sending that large army to Eurazania.

At this point I highly doubt we get to see demon lords fight each other on walpurgis, it would probably just be more talking heads lol.

At least Benimaru's errand has more potential for some good fight scenes.

It's also interesting how apparently all 4 true dragons in this world exist only to become a demon lord's minion
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-11, 02:00   Link #323
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
At this point I highly doubt we get to see demon lords fight each other on walpurgis, it would probably just be more talking heads lol.
It's a tea party, what do you expect?
Old 2021-08-11, 04:33   Link #324
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
I know introducing all the other demon lords (and dragon) is important before walpurgis, but they really just went with another talking heads episode right after sending that large army to Eurazania.

And that's how Rimuru and Clayman resolved their grievances: with a rap battle.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-11, 05:27   Link #325
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

You know, at this point, do I need to just stop hoping for real tension & real compelling antagonist and just accept that this entire Slime story is about Rimuru being more and more rewarded by stacking more powers, more allies & more authority on him? Making him more worshipped than God?

And here I thought the desecration of his country & slaughter of his people back in S2 would lead to a more interesting & dynamic story. Alas, the slaughter was just a plot-excuse for Rimuru to kill people to make him more ungodly powerful, get more strong allies and shower him with godlike worship by other characters. Just how long & how far do this story need to stroke the MC's ego? To what end?
Old 2021-08-11, 06:49   Link #326
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

I think I've missed he memo, but this season is going to be all dialogue and no action right?
Old 2021-08-11, 10:22   Link #327
Xiyon

Welp, Clayman triggered so many downfall flags this episode that it actually became tiresome.

Seeing Lelouch back in action was pretty cool, I guess. Dude saw through Rimuru's smoke and mirrors, so I guess not all the Demon Lord are weak or stupid.

But, eh, I'm not sure what to feel about how the series is progressing. I don't know--- I guess the series, to me, is at its best when it's acting like Harvest Moon / Animal Crossing. Slice of life hijinks and all that.

The upcoming fights better be epic since it really feels like Rimuru v Clayman is gonna be rushed. We're 6 (of 12?) eps in already, and we still need to get into the war between Tempest and Clayman's army, then there's Youm / Diablo conquering a kingdom, and then whatever happens in Walpurgis / Rimuru v Clayman--- and then the aftermath of Clayman getting curbstomped.

Is 6ish eps gonna be enough to cover all that?
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-11, 11:42   Link #328
Magewolf

Taken in isolation this episode was alright. But it should have been the second episode of the season not the middle one.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-11, 12:21   Link #329
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post
Welp, Clayman triggered so many downfall flags this episode that it actually became tiresome.

Seeing Lelouch back in action was pretty cool, I guess. Dude saw through Rimuru's smoke and mirrors, so I guess not all the Demon Lord are weak or stupid.

But, eh, I'm not sure what to feel about how the series is progressing. I don't know--- I guess the series, to me, is at its best when it's acting like Harvest Moon / Animal Crossing. Slice of life hijinks and all that.

The upcoming fights better be epic since it really feels like Rimuru v Clayman is gonna be rushed. We're 6 (of 12?) eps in already, and we still need to get into the war between Tempest and Clayman's army, then there's Youm / Diablo conquering a kingdom, and then whatever happens in Walpurgis / Rimuru v Clayman--- and then the aftermath of Clayman getting curbstomped.

Is 6ish eps gonna be enough to cover all that?
Diablo and Farmas kingdom arc ain’t happening this season. Thats a separate volume. Basically after the walpurgis arc which would be the start of the 3rd season.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-11, 14:48   Link #330
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
You know, at this point, do I need to just stop hoping for real tension & real compelling antagonist and just accept that this entire Slime story is about Rimuru being more and more rewarded by stacking more powers, more allies & more authority on him? Making him more worshipped than God?

And here I thought the desecration of his country & slaughter of his people back in S2 would lead to a more interesting & dynamic story. Alas, the slaughter was just a plot-excuse for Rimuru to kill people to make him more ungodly powerful, get more strong allies and shower him with godlike worship by other characters. Just how long & how far do this story need to stroke the MC's ego? To what end?
I guess there's Yuuki who seems like he's staging everything for whatever his plans are, although I don't know how serious an antagonist he'll end up being.
Old 2021-08-11, 21:25   Link #331
VDZ

The yaoi doujins are writing themselves. Fujoshi are going to have a field day with Leon and Guy's interactions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
And she's Guy's "partner" (possibly in more ways than one)?
Unlikely, the word he used was 'aibou' which to my knowledge has zero romantic connotations and simply refers to someone you work with and rely on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Do characters really need to praise Rimuru for every little thing he does no matter howany times he does it?

"Oh great Rimuru, well done on breathing, your technique is most amazing."

"Yeah, the way you just exists is marvelous, well done Rimuru-sama."

While his subjects tend to be overly sycophantic, in this case it was well-deserved; teleporting a massive army is no small feat.

Quote:

Is this your first isekai?
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-11, 23:01   Link #332
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Just how long & how far do this story need to stroke the MC's ego? To what end?
*sobs in Overlord

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-11, 23:33   Link #333
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
Unlikely, the word he used was 'aibou' which to my knowledge has zero romantic connotations and simply refers to someone you work with and rely on.
You'd be surprised...although I guess it's mainly shippers .
Old 2021-08-12, 00:00   Link #334
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Is this your first isekai?
From the first season, I thought this story was supposed to be more adventurous and less "Everybody on the (relatively) good side worship the MC"-kind of Isekai. And the destruction of Jura Tempest in S2 gave me hope that the plot will stop worshipping the MC. Alas, it didn't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
*sobs in Overlord
Indeed. I have my gripes with that show too. But I'll give it a break if the story really have the balls to portray the MC & his gang as the ultimate villain of the new world they dwell in.
Old 2021-08-12, 07:22   Link #335
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
From the first season, I thought this story was supposed to be more adventurous and less "Everybody on the (relatively) good side worship the MC"-kind of Isekai. And the destruction of Jura Tempest in S2 gave me hope that the plot will stop worshipping the MC. Alas, it didn't happen.

Indeed. I have my gripes with that show too. But I'll give it a break if the story really have the balls to portray the MC & his gang as the ultimate villain of the new world they dwell in.
I don't get it. Why would they stop worshipping him after the Jura tempest attack? That's basically a no from his subordinates view.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-12, 07:50   Link #336
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
I don't get it. Why would they stop worshipping him after the Jura tempest attack? That's basically a no from his subordinates view.
Don't limit yourself to what actually happen in the show. If the author allowed it, the story can go in a bunch of more interesting ways after the Jura attack.

One example: keep the dead characters dead! That way, there is an actual tension & stakes in the show knowing that anyone important from Rimuru's party can actually die. After that, instead of powering up Rimuru into Jesus-mode & reviving the dead, why not make him deal with all the deaths without powering him up? And then plant the seed of doubts among both the Jura residents & Jura's allies about Rimuru's ability (or lack thereof) to protect his people & defend his country. Let's see how Rimuru handle all those social aspects without a literal Deus ex Machina.

See? Just some small changes like the above can make the story a lot more interesting & deeper than what we actually have now (a powercreep fantasy where the plot keeps on stroking the MC's ego which may or may not be a self-insert for the author).
Old 2021-08-12, 12:28   Link #337
Frontier

Well, the revival of those lost in Tempest was part of Rimuru's evolution into a Demon Lord, although now that everyone is revive and more powerful along with Rimuru's evolution and Diablo/Veldora...not sure when it will feel like there are actual stakes again.
Old 2021-08-12, 18:00   Link #338
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Well, the revival of those lost in Tempest was part of Rimuru's evolution into a Demon Lord, although now that everyone is revive and more powerful along with Rimuru's evolution and Diablo/Veldora...not sure when it will feel like there are actual stakes again.
I guess how powerful Rimuru is doesn't matter since all he does is spend his time talking now
Old 2021-08-14, 16:41   Link #339
VDZ

Quote:
And then plant the seed of doubts among both the Jura residents & Jura's allies about Rimuru's ability (or lack thereof) to protect his people & defend his country. Let's see how Rimuru handle all those social aspects without a literal Deus ex Machina.

See? Just some small changes like the above can make the story a lot more interesting & deeper than what we actually have now
Yes, the author could turn it into a completely different story that's nothing like the stuff that came before. Do you really expect a complete genre shift halfway through the second season of a series?
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-14, 17:07   Link #340
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Yes, the author could turn it into a completely different story that's nothing like the stuff that came before. Do you really expect a complete genre shift halfway through the second season of a series?
The first season is already tackling with heavy stuff like how the children of our world are being "kidnapped" to this isekai to be used & enslaved. Heck, Rimuru spent a good chunk of the first season being a teacher for such poor children. That is the thing that I prefer for the story to tackle.

So yeah, as you can see, the Slime story is fully capable of tackling some rather heavy social aspect (which the first season already played with). What I suggested in my previous posts will not necessarily turn the story into something completely different. It would just make it more interesting but more difficult to write. As we all know, writing a more complex story where the MC is struggling to solve something without any DEM needs more effort. Meanwhile, writing a wish-fulfilment story where the plot keep stacking advantage after advantage to the MC's lap needs less effort.