AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2011-04-11, 20:11   Link #3941
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I can think of something that would freak people out.

A canon Kyonko.
Old 2011-04-12, 01:10   Link #3942
Tensei
Epitome of Divinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I can think of something that would freak people out.

A canon Kyonko.
As impossible as that is, I would gladly accept such an occurrence with open arms, on my knees while weeping tears of joy.
Tensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 23:57   Link #3943
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tensei View Post
Slider please
Already got one of those in Volume 9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
It appears as though we will be getting some new characters in the new novels. Only 42+ days to go!
We'll probably finally be getting some actual illustration of "mysterious freshman SOS-Dan recruit girl", and assuming she's a different person, Slider-tan. Maybe we'll actually get to see Miyokichi, as well... I don't know what the point of adding more new characters at this point would be, considering they've added nearly as many recurring characters over the last three novels as were in the other 6 (the Dark SOS four, the Student Council President, and Slider-tan/freshman recruit), but who knows. It ought to be worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tensei View Post
As impossible as that is, I would gladly accept such an occurrence with open arms, on my knees while weeping tears of joy.
Yes, because when the content creator panders to the audience at the expense of the story, that always works so well... Although I guess a genderswapping new character could be fun (if tired, random, and difficult to believably implement given the premise of the series).
Old 2011-04-13, 02:47   Link #3944
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Kyonko as a slider would be "neat".

Not likely, but neat.
Old 2011-04-13, 04:46   Link #3945
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

who is slider?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 11:02   Link #3946
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
who is slider?
What exactly do you mean?

A slider is someone who travels between alternate universes. At the beginning of the first book, Haruhi mentions wanting to see Time Travelers, Aliens, Espers, and Sliders (though she later just talks about the first three). So far, we've seen all but the slider, so we expect that one.

Plus, it's kind of implied with the alpha and beta timelines that there will be a slider involved in the current story, which began with volume 9. We don't know exactly who it is yet, but there are hints that it could be the new girl mentioned in previous posts (if you haven't read volume 9, then it won't make any sense to you, probably).
keri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 11:16   Link #3947
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Wait, another girl in the SOS Brigade? Whatever happened to gender equality? Does Kyon REALLY need a harem (or rather, a bigger one)?
Old 2011-04-13, 13:22   Link #3948
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Mikuru's a third year student as of volume 9, so I'd imagine she'd need a "replacement" sooner or later... may as well take care of it "sooner."
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 13:28   Link #3949
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Mikuru's a third year student as of volume 9, so I'd imagine she'd need a "replacement" sooner or later... may as well take care of it "sooner."
There's also the fact that until now, there's been no opportunity for anyone to fill the 'kohai' to Mitsuru's 'sempai' in the group.
Old 2011-04-13, 14:31   Link #3950
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keri View Post

A slider is someone who travels between alternate universes. At the beginning of the first book, Haruhi mentions wanting to see Time Travelers, Aliens, Espers, and Sliders (though she later just talks about the first three). So far, we've seen all but the slider, so we expect that one.

Plus, it's kind of implied with the alpha and beta timelines that there will be a slider involved in the current story, which began with volume 9. We don't know exactly who it is yet, but there are hints that it could be the new girl mentioned in previous posts (if you haven't read volume 9, then it won't make any sense to you, probably).
ah thanks. seriously i am curious how is the girl and what she look like (yes i did read vol 9 by the way)

my (wild) guess is alien esper from future

Spoiler for or:

i quess i post this in speculation thread

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 23:03   Link #3951
ijuinkun

Quote:
Originally Posted by keri View Post

The term "Slider" is used to refer to what the Japanese version of Haruhi calls "Isekai-jin", literally "people from another world/universe". The word comes from the 1990s television series "Sliders", which was based around a group of travelers who "slid" from parallel world to parallel world using a wormhole generator.
ijuinkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 14:54   Link #3952
TheHaruhiIncarnate
Goddess

I want a literal WAR to go on in the 10th between the Sakaki and Haruhi factions....

but, I kinda doubt it.

F**k Moe
Embrace Tsundere
TheHaruhiIncarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 15:19   Link #3953
thirdlc

Japan apparently is suffering from a shortage of paper and ink. I have a bit of concern about whether the new volumes can be published on time.
thirdlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 15:20   Link #3954
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHaruhiIncarnate View Post
I want a literal WAR to go on in the 10th between the Sakaki and Haruhi factions....

but, I kinda doubt it.
Literal War between the Esper factions involves them sending truck fulls of secret agents in black cars machine gunning eachother.

Between the time travelers, it involves history changing every five minutes as they battle through time.

Between the aliens, it involves the sun going Nova from a stray shot and killing everyone on earth.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 15:40   Link #3955
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdlc View Post
Japan apparently is suffering from a shortage of paper and ink. I have a bit of concern about whether the new volumes can be published on time.
I've refrained from talking about this as to not induce any panic. It's highly unlikely that the shortages delay the release. Even if it were to be effected, the BookWalker app that Kadokawa is pushing would provide another way to give fans the books on release day. If it were the 25th of this month I'd be more concerned, but just over two months time to plan and distribute their new supply orders should allow them time to manage for their biggest release of the year.

Nagato-chan even said it'll be alright. (It's an official Kadokawa twitter account)

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 18:37   Link #3956
thirdlc

That's good to hear.
thirdlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 10:16   Link #3957
TheHaruhiIncarnate
Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Literal War between the Esper factions involves them sending truck fulls of secret agents in black cars machine gunning eachother.

Between the time travelers, it involves history changing every five minutes as they battle through time.

Between the aliens, it involves the sun going Nova from a stray shot and killing everyone on earth.
hmmm. That would destroy the world. Well, maybe thats why the slider's there for. Maybe Kyon died in another universe and everything went chaotic and the slider went to another universe to get help from alt!Kyon. *shrug*

F**k Moe
Embrace Tsundere
TheHaruhiIncarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 10:20   Link #3958
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHaruhiIncarnate View Post
hmmm. That would destroy the world.
Most massively obvious statement ever
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 13:17   Link #3959
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Isn't there already a war of sorts going on behind the scenes as it is? Itsuki mentioned something like that going on during the filming of their student film. Now add three new factions (perhaps more) and the balance of power is challenged.

The thing is, we will only ever get to see things from Kyon's point of view...one Kyon or another.
Old 2011-04-18, 06:43   Link #3960
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
The specialty sites for Surprise have been updated for both Alpha and Beta. Both have changed the fourth "public commitment" and added two more.

Alpha:
4: Finally, I'll be making my circuit debut! Everyone come assist me!
5: Throughout May I'll be appearing in various places! I'm already getting the star treatment! Come find me in various bookstores!
6: That thing has set a Japanese record! Maybe we should aim for Guinness next!

Beta:
4: A circuit debut?! Well, the public roads were a bit unsatisfactory.
5: It appears like you'll be able to see that girl's face in various places. A hint would be bookstores in May.
6: It seems as though some Japanese record has been set. Is she seriously petitioning Guinness?

In other news, Animate has officially revealed their store bonus book covers at their Haruhi novels specialty site as well as the design of their Super Panorama Cover box for the limited edition covers released last year.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, sneaker bunko, seinen, light novels, manga