Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-03-02, 13:11   Link #1241
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vas_a_morir View Post
This is easily better than Ninomiya-kun. Y
I will respectfully disagree to the utmost extent. IMO, Rosario doesn't even come anywhere close to Ninomiya-kun in terms of being interesting to watch and actually delivering fanservice that feels pleasant to the eye. I found both of those in Ninomiya constantly, while both feel like extreme rarities in Rosario. It has been nothing but rinse and repeat thus far.

That said, episode 9 is positively the best one up to date i believe.
Spoiler for ep 9:
Old 2008-03-02, 13:21   Link #1242
Westlo
Lets be reality

Let's see how you feel about the R+V/Ninomiya after watching the rest of R+V, as a manga reader I can say the rest of the show will feature the best episodes.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 13:35   Link #1243
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

The chances of this show topping Ninomiya in my books are below zero, and that is very unlikely to change regardless what happens in the next episodes. I rate anime as a whole, and for at least 2/3 this one has been well below average in my books, just dancing on the line of bare minimum to keep me watching. The last episode was an improvement, but that is not about to make me love the show all of a sudden, and saying i have enjoyed 2/9 episodes (1st and 9th) is not exactly a compliment to the show. Is it the worth show ever ? No, definitely not. But it isn't something i would ever recommend to anyone either.
Old 2008-03-02, 14:18   Link #1244
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Let's see how you feel about the R+V/Ninomiya after watching the rest of R+V, as a manga reader I can say the rest of the show will feature the best episodes.
While I hate to sounding like a pessimist. For me, the manga only got more enjoyable to read after chapter 21 which I would call the true plot, before that happens it’s just harem-ish fun. If anime adaptation was going at a pace of 1-2 chapter per episode it would had been around episode 15 before the fun starts. That’s quite a lot of time invested before the juicy bits but because it’s a shounen manga that’ll probably run for many volumes, it’s forgivable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirozoku
I mean, give me a break and serve me fresh chocolate cookies with a pint of milk while massaging my feet if you manage to find anything as unique as this.
When was the last time, i repeat, when the heck did you find something even close to this??
Mx0 comes into mind, its not an anime though but the plot has alot of similiarity.

Spoiler for Mx0 Synopsis - for space:

EDIT: Since persona is getting a 24 or 26 episode treatment, does anyone have news on the length of the anime *praying for extension*
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 14:29   Link #1245
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
we still don't know if rosario's gonna have a second season.. or even if it will actually be 13 eps..
so don't go judging the series as if it's a 13 eps series.
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 14:42   Link #1246
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

We do know that Rosario is going to be 13 episodes. Whether there will be a second season or not is anyone's guess, but that hardly factors in when judging the quality of what now constitutes 3/4 of the "first season", be that impression positive or negative.
Old 2008-03-02, 15:08   Link #1247
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well if I went with overall quality from what we've gotten from Rosario and Ninomiya at least with the anime I'd go with Ninomiya. Of course ignoring what I've seen and know from the manga, but since its a comparison of anime that's fine. Just liked how Ninomiya handled its fanservice and presentation of the story. Would say that I enjoyed the Rosario manga more than either, but again an aside point.

Well anyways the last few episodes in the anime should be interesting.
Old 2008-03-02, 20:13   Link #1248
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
well maybe if another studio did the second season then it wouldn't be so bad. But yeah the fan-service has gotten alot better
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 20:59   Link #1249
oroboy
アニメ...大好き

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
but vampire harem is a first...smells like karin but times it by a few factors XD
More like times it by a few cup sizes.

This anime isn't going to win any awards, but I find it a refreshing twist to the normal high school girl harem like Ichigo 100%. I personally do hope that it goes beyond 13 episodes.
oroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 00:17   Link #1250
vas_a_morir

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well if I went with overall quality from what we've gotten from Rosario and Ninomiya at least with the anime I'd go with Ninomiya. Of course ignoring what I've seen and know from the manga, but since its a comparison of anime that's fine. Just liked how Ninomiya handled its fanservice and presentation of the story. Would say that I enjoyed the Rosario manga more than either, but again an aside point.

Well anyways the last few episodes in the anime should be interesting.
Well, I liked Reika better than any character in this show, that's for sure.
vas_a_morir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 00:23   Link #1251
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
Ya I think people just enjoy the characters alot more than the actual series. I know a ton of people who just watch it for the characters (which are nicely animated). and One cant help but Love Moka's voice. and mizore.....well we all know how I feel about her
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 06:31   Link #1252
Jiyuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
We do know that Rosario is going to be 13 episodes. Whether there will be a second season or not is anyone's guess, but that hardly factors in when judging the quality of what now constitutes 3/4 of the "first season", be that impression positive or negative.
how exactly do we know that?
by the DVD count?
i heard of a couple of series that people "knew" how many eps they will have, and then there were more..
except that even if this series actually is 2 "seasons" if the second season is immediately after the first(as in next season) does it matter in anyway except for the name?
Old 2008-03-03, 06:53   Link #1253
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu View Post
how exactly do we know that?
All the usual sites (anidb, ANN etc) list the series as 13 episodes, while there would have been a blank slate left if the number was unknown. Given all the sites list the same number of episodes, i see no reason to doubt it, unless you can provide some other actual information that contradicts this.
Old 2008-03-03, 09:28   Link #1254
Westlo
Lets be reality

If this show was 24/26 episodes than they really butchered the manga, it's in it's current state because it's 13 episodes. Episodes 9-13 will cover the best chapters from the first 20, the manga goes up a few notches from 21-31.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 10:06   Link #1255
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFH View Post
Ya I think people just enjoy the characters alot more than the actual series. I know a ton of people who just watch it for the characters (which are nicely animated). and One cant help but Love Moka's voice. and mizore.....well we all know how I feel about her
Can agree with that kind of feeling. Do like the characters in this series quite a bit more than the overall series at times. Does feel like I'm following the series just to see the animated forms of characters like Mizore.

Notwithstanding do like Reika's character out of anyone in Ninomiya .
Old 2008-03-03, 10:14   Link #1256
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Can agree with that kind of feeling. Do like the characters in this series quite a bit more than the overall series at times. Does feel like I'm following the series just to see the animated forms of characters like Mizore.

Notwithstanding do like Reika's character out of anyone in Ninomiya .
Ah!!! Shinku is back!! Shinku is back!!

*cough*

Yep, I agree too.
Old 2008-03-03, 11:46   Link #1257
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

OMG is the next episode when...

Spoiler for spoiler:

if so... I can't wait!
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 12:58   Link #1258
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
OMG is the next episode when...

Spoiler for spoiler:

if so... I can't wait!
Spoiler for Response to HayashiTakara:
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 13:19   Link #1259
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Spoiler for spoilers:
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 13:40   Link #1260
Jiyuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
All the usual sites (anidb, ANN etc) list the series as 13 episodes, while there would have been a blank slate left if the number was unknown. Given all the sites list the same number of episodes, i see no reason to doubt it, unless you can provide some other actual information that contradicts this.
i'm saying those sites base this on their assements, that while usually are pretty solid, are not official or something like that..
from what i gether usually the number of episodes is caculated by the releases of the DVDs.
but i heard that it's not 100% and that sometimes a series lenght is different from those assesments..

and regardless of that, as i sayd it could just as well have a "second season" right after the first one.. that too have already happened as far as i know..

anyway all i'm saying is they could have done things the way they have so they could skip somethings and get to the main plot of the manga.

they did have a filler and all that, but in general except for the fan service the anime was pretty much the same as the manga, except for mizore that as i get it got shortened up.
considering the fact that there are so many girls it was inevetable for them to waste so much time on itroductions.
and at the same time it seemed they tried not to change the story too much.

my guess is that they made it so the first "season" could stand on it's own but at the same time be a prelude to the actuall story that is the "second" season.
and they did that probably so they will be able to have an estimate of if this would be profitable for them, as obviusly a 26 eps series is a bigger risk then making 13 eps and then deciding if they want to invest in 13 more.

i dont think they could have had made the introductions any shorter without totaly changing the story.
and even 26 eps would have had meant that its not like they have a ton of time for every character.
as the main plot itself would take some time..
so it would have had needed to be similar to what we have here as far as time per character goes.
so they cut the risk in half.

that is the way it seems to me anyway, from the pacing of the series to the content.

it seemes to me as if they were aiming for 26 eps but were not willing to take the risk so instead went for 13 +optional 13 and tried to add things that do not really change the story but might help keep intrest in the first 13 eps so in a "worst case" the series will a 13 eps ecchi comedy.
and if things go well it will be a 26 action ecchi comedy show.

i could be wrong but to me it would explain all of the otherwise not so logical choises done in this series...

Tags
ecchi, romance, shounen, vampire