AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-11-11, 10:07   Link #61
Qwazar

Oh the memories. GTO was, I think third Anime I ever watched (not counting pokemon and other stuff I watched up to age of ~12). At the time I watched it I completely loved it, tried to watch it a couple of months ago, it was dubs and the first episode seemed to suck this time around. Well, might as well re-watch it.
Qwazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 14:15   Link #62
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Just out curiosity, does any one know if there has been any news of GTO getting continued?
Old 2007-11-30, 15:12   Link #63
bobjoemac

Continued? both the manga and the anime are done... if your looking for more GTO check out onizuka's earlier adventure in the two other manga publications bad company and Shonan Junai Gumi aka GTO the early years which are both take place before GTO
bobjoemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 16:47   Link #64
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjoemac View Post
Continued? both the manga and the anime are done... if your looking for more GTO check out onizuka's earlier adventure in the two other manga publications bad company and Shonan Junai Gumi aka GTO the early years which are both take place before GTO
I mean the anime. I know the anime has ended, but not all of the manga chapters were covered. About half of the Manga chapters were still there and not animated. I was wondering if there were ever such plans to animate the remaining manga chapters.
Old 2007-11-30, 17:54   Link #65
kujoe
from head to heel

It's doable, but with the anime diverging from the manga, chances are low.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 22:12   Link #66
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
I will always live....in your hearts....and in your panties.

*puts panties on head and drives off on his motorbike*

But yeah i think there is a small chance of this happening, its unfortunate but I suppose the trend for these types of genre has passed in Japan.

but you never know, it might peek up again.

Last edited by Onizuka-GTO; 2007-12-01 at 09:10.
Onizuka-GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 16:23   Link #67
Arthas1011
Bring on the blood mortal

Manga is better
Arthas1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 13:24   Link #68
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Oh my god why didn't I watch this earlier

Onizuka is just a legend...LEGEND I TELL YA!

The stunt that he pulls and getting out of impossible situations is just gold...he is crazy but dam is he skillful in anything concerning pretty much anything O.O

Recently finished up to ep 8 and already this has to be one of my top 5 series for comedy.

Doraemon wut? XD

Kenshiro HAHA!

*Laughs like a madman*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 19:23   Link #69
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Onizuka ... Is ... A ... God...

No one could survive that!

Onizuka can.

The guy is awesome, in the way Kamina is awesome. I can just feel that manly hot bloodedness seeping through my soul!
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 20:51   Link #70
klowny
OH NO

i love GTO (watched all of it 3 days ago) it was a great anime and i recommend people who haven't watched it yet to go watch it! I love that he loves all of his students and he is the greatest Teacher!
klowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 20:56   Link #71
alberto143

GTO ... teacher onizuka is a good example of good teacher because help the student for many reason!!!
alberto143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 05:15   Link #72
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Who'd ever thought a mere teacher could be so hot blooded, so GAR.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 10:48   Link #73
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Gto Banzai!

Old 2008-06-02, 20:35   Link #74
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

TEACHER BANZAI

Just finished GTO a short while ago, I have no idea why I've waited so long.

GTO fans,

Yoroshiku!
Old 2009-07-05, 15:27   Link #75
Amon81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
I would suggest you to watch GTO Live Action and also the 2 Movies/Special ( live action ) after completing the Anime . Dont be skeptical regarding the name Great Teacher Onizuka its will be a total shock once you watch it .

One of the better animes around definately
I'd say that too! I really like the the live action, for years and years it had the highest viewing figures on Japanese TV. Also the order was Manga, Live action, Anime (I can't remember where the movie came in). I should also state that the movie (which isn't that good. The special follows on from the TV series) is stand alone.

I love the anime, infact it was my first anime marathon, yes all 43 episodes with no sleep (and no I didn't do that meny again) . I haven't got round to reading the manga yet (other than a couple of chapters).

Also as people already have stated the Japanese audio is way better. They also censored stuff in the dub, like there is some line at one point in Japanese about threatening to have a snake bite Onizukas love muscle, in the dub it's not mentioned at all.

Spoiler for A bit about my favorite episode with an grab.:
Amon81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 00:36   Link #76
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:

While I was searching a Vid on YuTube I came across this preview/thumbnail of Video and the scene reminded of GTO OP . The video in Q was Aha Take On Me . The Visuals in the beggining have inspired some stills in Onizuka OP IMO . So many similarities between the motorcycle scenes in GTO OP 1 and this oldie . Judge for yourself : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon81 View Post
I'd say that too! I really like the the live action, for years and years it had the highest viewing figures on Japanese TV. Also the order was Manga, Live action, Anime (I can't remember where the movie came in). I should also state that the movie (which isn't that good. The special follows on from the
TV series) is stand alone.
The Prequel to GTO Shonan Junai Gumi is also available but only in the ova format right here on AS . I loved and enjoyed Shonan .. its a more unpolished , little raw and brutish when compared to GTO but entertaining nonetheless . There is ALSO a Live Action to that came across it sometime back . But they are not subbed and hard to get .

Seeing the OVA being resurrected I was hoping the LvA would be picked up too . But alas was wishful thinking : (
Old 2011-03-05, 16:01   Link #77
Dastari

Send a message via AIM to Dastari
GTO Live Action

I'm a big fan of the GTO anime and many years ago (about 7) I found out about the live action GTO series and got some crappy VCD's off ebay where someone had burned the eps to disc. Then with the 3 moves since I've done since then i seem to have lost the VCD's but I figured that I'd probably be able to find the series again sometime and I seem to recall that when I checked Animesuki a couple of years ago there were torrents available. Knowing that I'd be able to get it whenever I wanted I stopped getting to anxious about it.

So fast forward to yesterday when I told my wife that there was a live action GTO series and she wanted to watch it and I came on to Animesuki and found out that it had been licensed or at least a movie had been. Finding out that there's a movie is cool and I will definitely get that but I still would like to watch the live action series again so here's my questions:

1.) The GTO entry on Animesuki just states that the movie is licensed so does that mean that the TV show and special are not licensed?

2.) If the TV show and special ARE licensed then does anyone know if Media Blasters plans to release DVD's on the live action?

3.) If the TV show and special are not coming to DVD in the near term does anyone know of any way that I can get ahold of them subtitled in English? Feel free to PM. Please note that I am only talking about the TV show and special with this request, not the movie which I will simply purchase.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help with this.
Dastari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 16:06   Link #78
Goggen

1) Only the movie was licensed, the series and special were not

2) After all these years, not bloody likely

3) Don't know, sorry
Goggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 13:12   Link #79
Dastari

Send a message via AIM to Dastari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
1) Only the movie was licensed, the series and special were not
So I guess my question is that if only the movie is licensed then why has everyone taken down the TV series as well?
Dastari is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shonen