AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 55 30.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 45 24.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 36 19.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 13.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 6.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.19%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.55%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 2.73%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-24, 14:56   Link #221
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Watched this EP at last. I knows something big is coming next Ep, but tried my best to restrict myself from the novel, so still not entirely sure what are they.....

Can have some guess from random spoiler and random clues but still not so sure...... Happy because i won over my curious past two years, and it gonna pay off... soon

Ep 12 comment: Haruhi rules !!!!

Still considering if i should get a new avatar. Found a potential screen =D
Old 2009-06-24, 15:13   Link #222
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I knew I'd forgotten to do something as I was catching up on all of my subs last night. Good thing I remembered before work because I was actually getting kind of bored. Also a good thing that while this episode contained the typical summer activities you might find in an Japanese anime and the typical SOS brigade style of interactions as well, somehow them going together made for a pretty fun summer episode. Couldn't really ask for much better timing then this as well. The music continues to be solid and if there was only one thing that bothered me this episode it was Aya Hirano's Yuko Minaguchi light delivery for Haruhi during the first half. So glad they deintensified her during the wind down portion of the summer break because oh my god that was just non stop nasal blabbering, even if it was probably supposed to be deliberate.

Well if anything good came of Haruhi this episode is was the fact that because it was typical summer time activities it actually meant something for this particular anime, that being that Haruhi is slowly starting to normalize in her behaviour a bit, and we even sort of see this over the course of the episode as well since as I mentioned she starts off insufferable and ends up tolerable by the end. Other than that Mikuru and Yuki do their usual things (get scared of everything and be a living statue respectively), Kyon does his Wonder Years bit and Itsuki is a chill dude, but 'twas fun to watch them anyway.

Always wished they could have brought the lil' sis along with this story because it's a missed opportunity for loli fanservice at the pool, but oh well, you can't have it all I suppose. Change is on the horizon regardless, for better and worse.
Old 2009-06-24, 18:31   Link #223
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
I don't quite get whats wrong with Kyon in that first image. He's supposed to look exasperated. Yuki looks ok as well.
I don't see what's wrong with Kyon as well, but Yuki's face is too long and those gold... things in her eyes are too large.
Old 2009-06-24, 19:03   Link #224
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
but Yuki's face is too long and those gold... things in her eyes are too large.
Face looks fine to me, and her irises(sp?) look fine as well. The only thing that irks me is the distance between her eyes.
Old 2009-06-24, 19:46   Link #225
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

I don't mind Kyon in the first pic, but Ito-sensei's rendition of him is all over the map in the light novel illustrations, so maybe I'm just more receptive to it. His character design isn't really as distinct as anyone else's anyway, likely intentionally.

That Yuki, however, is bad. This is Haruhi, not Clannad...or Kanon....or Air...
Old 2009-06-24, 23:35   Link #226
VEE

Send a message via MSN to VEE
what's the difference between the original suzumiya haruhi anime and this one because eventually i never watch the old one before
Old 2009-06-24, 23:44   Link #227
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEE View Post
what's the difference between the original suzumiya haruhi anime and this one because eventually i never watch the old one before
Same characters, different stories. Just like pretty much every other anime sequel not named Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood or Hellsing Ultimate...
Old 2009-06-25, 00:39   Link #228
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Same characters, different stories. Just like pretty much every other anime sequel not named Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood or Hellsing Ultimate...
Technically, those are reboots, but I don't want to get too far off topic.
Old 2009-06-25, 00:47   Link #229
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
This is technically a reboot as well...
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-06-25, 00:54   Link #230
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Now you're going to really confuse people...

VEE: You really need to watch the first season before you can watch this second season. The new episodes take place, in many cases, between existing episodes, so you'd be very confused if you just started now. It's even worse than a traditional sequel in that regard.
Old 2009-06-25, 01:01   Link #231
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
Not really, because Ultimate and Brotherhood are different series from the original, but it's still the same plot albeit a tad more true to the manga. Wheras the Haruhi rerun is the same series, only with some new episodes added.

However, it is also a reboot because of "new management" (the director), some new content being added, and because the 2009 run as a whole will be different from the 2006 run as a whole.

So, it can go either way.
Old 2009-06-25, 01:11   Link #232
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Actually, you don't need to watch the first season before this one. Maybe is even better if you do not.

The current season, is not a sequel, is a rerun with new episodes. So you can just watch then as they are being realesed. So you should watch some old ones in the chronological order and the new ones.

To help, the episodes before the "episode 1 of Season 2" are originally the 2,3,5,10,13,14,4. Or 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 by the DVD order. Then it comes the "S2 episode 1" (actually episode 8 of the rerun). After that is 7,6,8(broadcast)/9,10,11(DVD). And the come the current one.

So, even though you need watch some old ones (that were also rerealeased this year) you don't need to wach all First Season. You could only wacth then in order.

Last edited by Heatth; 2009-06-25 at 01:50.
Old 2009-06-25, 01:25   Link #233
OkamiNoKaze

It's kind of like the Star wars and the expanded universe in that way, you have the six movies, but each movie has time gaps between them, that all the books, comics and tv shows fill up, to me that's what the first half of the "new" season is like
Old 2009-06-25, 01:42   Link #234
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Now you're going to really confuse people...
Sorry... I seem to do that a lot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
It's kind of like the Star wars and the expanded universe in that way, you have the six movies, but each movie has time gaps between them, that all the books, comics and tv shows fill up, to me that's what the first half of the "new" season is like
Only, the first half of the "new" season is actually somewhat relevant to the surrounding stories
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-06-25, 02:35   Link #235
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
To help, the episodes before the "episode 1 of Season 2" are originally the 2,3,5,10,13,14,4. Or 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 by the DVD order. Then it comes the "S2 episode 1" (actually episode 8 of the rerun). After that is 7,6,8(broadcast)/9,10,11(DVD). And the come the current one.
Let's make this easier.
1) Buy Haruhi DVDs. Ignore the first episode.
2) Watch through the baseball ep. (Boredom)
3) Watch "Season 2 episode 1" (Bamboo Leaf)
4) Watch through Remote Island Syndrome II.
5) Watch this episode.

And yes, you need those previous episodes for Season 2 to make any sense. You don't need the episodes after Lone Island Syndrome II (yet).

Last edited by bayoab; 2009-06-25 at 10:53. Reason: Picky picky...
Old 2009-06-25, 03:23   Link #236
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
Let's make this easier.
1) Buy Haruhi DVDs. Ignore the first episode.
2) Watch through the baseball ep. (Boredom)
3) Watch "Season 2 episode 1" (Bamboo Leaf)
4) Watch through Remote Island Syndrome II.
5) Watch this episode.

And yes, you need those previous episodes for Season 2 to make any sense. You don't need the episodes after Lone Island Syndrome II.
Why are you excluding The Day of Sagittarius and not Boredom? Boredom serves absolutely no purpose at all in "making sense" of the '09 episodes, or even the '06 ones.
Old 2009-06-25, 03:26   Link #237
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Why are you excluding The Day of Sagittarius and not Boredom? Boredom serves absolutely no purpose at all in "making sense" of the '09 episodes, or even the '06 ones.
DoS is way after this current arc...
Old 2009-06-25, 03:27   Link #238
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
... because the Day of Sagittarius takes place later in the timeline? Like after Live Alive, which is after Sigh, which is after Endless Eight.
Old 2009-06-25, 03:30   Link #239
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Please read the last two sentences of bayoab's post again. He didn't say the current arc, he said Season Two.
Old 2009-06-25, 03:41   Link #240
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
He probably meant that the episodes after Lone Island are not needed for now. We will have at last one ore month before we get old episodes again.
Closed Thread