AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-22, 12:44   Link #2541
G147

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikix View Post
*Sigh*...I see that there is little reason for me to discuss anything with you. It'll sooner end up with an argument, which is neither constructive nor worth my time.

PS: If Issei keeps using boost, then he didn't reach the limit. And that means, that every boost does in fact make him stronger.
Take it as you will. This is my last response to you.
Yes the Boosted Gear can multiply indefinitely but it also depends on the possessor. There's the physical limit to how much Issei can boost, supposing if he doesn't have the physical problem, does Issei have enough skills and experience to master a power that is beyond his control. Can he even control the power properly, etc.
Old 2014-02-22, 12:46   Link #2542
jopjopjop

Quote:
PS: If Issei keeps using boost, then he didn't reach the limit. And that means, that every boost does in fact make him stronger.
Take it as you will. This is my last response to you.
So, if Issei reaches his limit... is he already God-class? And may I remind you, boosting has a time limit. If he boosts for a punch, then boosts again later for another attack, multiplication starts again from the base not from the counter of the first boost.

Whether you respond to that or not, fine with me.
Old 2014-02-22, 12:49   Link #2543
kikix

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
Yes the Boosted Gear can multiply indefinitely but it also depends on the possessor. There's the physical limit to how much Issei can boost, supposing if he doesn't have the physical problem, does Issei have enough skills and experience to master a power that is beyond his control. Can he even control the power properly, etc.
Yes, there is limit to how much the possesor can use it, based on his own power. But that's beyond the point. The point is that Issei does use it plenty of times at once. He knows his limits, so those dozens are NOT his limit. He can still control them.

I'm not talking about going beyond what he already did show to be capable of using. Issei surely wouldn't use his stamina to use the boost power with no effect, since his body couldn't hold any more power.

All this being said, I really don't know how this topic even came into being. All I did was to correct someone on mathematical mistake and point that one of the types of doubling escalates immensely quickly, thus is probably not correct way to look at the boosting power at all.

EDIT: I just went back to see and calculate the highest amount of boosting Issei ever did (as far as I remember). It was when he fought Vali after hearing from Azazel that Vali' power will halve girls breasts (volume 4). He used boost 47 times at once, which would by math mean a power that is 140 737 488 355 328 times the original. If we'll assume that 1 is for human and that means being able to lift 20kg's, with the boosting directly affecting it (aka. boosting would increase lift of 20kg to 40kg), then a human boosted those many times would be able to lift 2 814 749 767 106 560kg.

Last edited by kikix; 2014-02-22 at 13:06.
Old 2014-02-22, 12:56   Link #2544
jopjopjop

Quote:
The point is that Issei does use it plenty of times at once. He knows his limits, so those dozens are NOT his limit. He can still control them.
How can you say that that number of boosts isn't his limit? Using a boost to its limit doesn't mean that he would use all of his stamina. His doubling power would just stop and remain their for a limited time.

So do you think with all those death matches Issei is holding back?
Old 2014-02-22, 13:18   Link #2545
Ultragunner

In normal Balance Breaker, Ise can instantly reach his "limit", but The "limit" here could be understand to be the "sustainable limit" where Ise can fight while maintaining his BB. However, the point is the more he uses "Boost" the more stamina and time of BB get consumed. If he does recklessly go above this, he would quickly enter the "Burst" State in which all the power gathered will vanish (like at the end of the match with Riser), then extreme exhaustion will assault him.
Old 2014-02-22, 13:20   Link #2546
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Quote:
Yes, there is limit to how much the possesor can use it, based on his own power. But that's beyond the point. The point is that Issei does use it plenty of times at once. He knows his limits, so those dozens are NOT his limit. He can still control them.

I'm not talking about going beyond what he already did show to be capable of using. Issei surely wouldn't use his stamina to use the boost power with no effect, since his body couldn't hold any more power.

All this being said, I really don't know how this topic even came into being. All I did was to correct someone on mathematical mistake and point that one of the types of doubling escalates immensely quickly, thus is probably not correct way to look at the boosting power at all.

EDIT: I just went back to see and calculate the highest amount of boosting Issei ever did (as far as I remember). It was when he fought Vali after hearing from Azazel that Vali' power will halve girls breasts (volume 4). He used boost 47 times at once, which would by math mean a power that is 140 737 488 355 328 times the original. If we'll assume that 1 is for human and that means being able to lift 20kg's, with the boosting directly affecting it (aka. boosting would increase lift of 20kg to 40kg), then a human boosted those many times would be able to lift 2 814 749 767 106 560kg.
...Which basically proves that the Boosting power doesn't work that way, correct? It has to boost differently otherwise the power levels in mathematics would be extremely high. Maybe it doubles the base power/stats of the user? That would make sense, since it also explains why Euclid using Boost in regular BB is able to overpower Ise using Boost in CCQ in Volume 16.
Old 2014-02-22, 13:33   Link #2547
Emwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary29 View Post
...Which basically proves that the Boosting power doesn't work that way, correct? It has to boost differently otherwise the power levels in mathematics would be extremely high. Maybe it doubles the base power/stats of the user? That would make sense, since it also explains why Euclid using Boost in regular BB is able to overpower Ise using Boost in CCQ in Volume 16.
Didn't Ddraig say to Ise that Euclid's Boosted Gear is clearly weaker and only his basestats as a Devil made him stronger than Ise?
Old 2014-02-22, 13:37   Link #2548
kikix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary29 View Post
Maybe it doubles the base power/stats of the user?
That is one of two possibilities. However, I think it's not the one that actually is used.

In my opinion, as I said before, it's just...not mathematically related. The author probably just thought that the mechanic of boosting is cool and (without checking what that actually means in practice) slapped it in. After that, all those boosts flying left and right are just based on the moment in the story. They don't actually double based on any kind of power or anything. The power-level fluctuates depending on the place in story. Aka. whether its one boost or ten, it's irrelevant. Issei will end up at the same power level which is needed for the story to go the way the author wants.
In other words...there's no logic. It is entirely story-driven effect. That is what I think.
Old 2014-02-22, 13:44   Link #2549
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emwe View Post
Didn't Ddraig say to Ise that Euclid's Boosted Gear is clearly weaker and only his basestats as a Devil made him stronger than Ise?
Yeah, which pissed Ise off a little.
Old 2014-02-22, 13:46   Link #2550
Tbolt

Quote:
Quote:
I can come to the conclusion that it will give out the power more than its specs show if the user is powerful.
It was Azazel who came to that conclusion since Euclid's demonic powers far surpass Ise's, which as stated allows the fake to surpass its true ability.

Quote:
Even if that happens to be a replica……no, since my opponent is the one with replica, I……

I can’t hide my agitation……then Ddraig shouts.

[Stand up, partner. We simply can’t lose against this. After all, he is my, no, he is our imposter! The Two Heavenly Dragons are enough with just me and Albion!]

His voice carried intense rage and fearless confidence.

Last edited by Tbolt; 2014-02-22 at 13:59.
Old 2014-02-22, 14:39   Link #2551
b10nutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILD_LION View Post
666 will go berserker mode and eat rizevim
And after chewing him it will spit out the bones, that would be a lovely scene.

Last edited by b10nutz; 2014-02-22 at 14:53.
Old 2014-02-22, 14:53   Link #2552
II Maestro

Nah it would be better if before Trihexa devour or kill Rizevim he will laugh like "Uhyahyahyahyahya" like that.
Old 2014-02-22, 15:02   Link #2553
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Maestro View Post
Nah it would be better if before Trihexa devour or kill Rizevim he will laugh like "Uhyahyahyahyahya" like that.
we can't forget that he still has lilith as a bodyguard.
so he'll probably throw lilith at it in the event it goes berzerk and it will and then escape.
Old 2014-02-22, 15:09   Link #2554
Emwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsengnim View Post
we can't forget that he still has lilith as a bodyguard.
so he'll probably throw lilith at it in the event it goes berzerk and it will and then escape.
And Ise jumps in to save her while Vali goes after Rizevim, gj plot found! :P
Old 2014-02-22, 15:19   Link #2555
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy

Quote:
And Ise jumps in to save her while Vali goes after Rizevim, gj plot found! :P
jeez, feels like we're doing ishibumi's work for him.

i can't help but feel sirzech's team has to be involved in this somewhere.
i mean afterall he made the team specially to fight rizevim.
so maybe they'll fight him before he releases the 666 demon and they'l lose?
Old 2014-02-22, 15:24   Link #2556
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

666 couldn`t be controlled by god what hopes possess rizevim to control it ? Or maybe the longinuses are just pieces of a greater weapon that posses a power that will destroy 666. Maybe the hollow eyes that Valerie possessed was from the meeting with 666. Or the dead who valerie keep talkin was a fraction of 666 soul ?
Old 2014-02-22, 15:48   Link #2557
Emwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoMuseveni View Post
666 couldn`t be controlled by god what hopes possess rizevim to control it ? Or maybe the longinuses are just pieces of a greater weapon that posses a power that will destroy 666. Maybe the hollow eyes that Valerie possessed was from the meeting with 666. Or the dead who valerie keep talkin was a fraction of 666 soul ?
Maybe but there is nearly nothing known about 666 for now. The only thing I think we can be sure about is that she talked with Balor while Gasper(she talked with someone near Gasper and it looked like it was the entity behind his mysterious power) was near her.
Old 2014-02-22, 16:02   Link #2558
Tbolt

I keep saying all its going to take to bring Lilith over is a large Great Red stuffed animal and a Bento, then Lilith and Ophis will become Ise's body guards.
Old 2014-02-22, 16:17   Link #2559
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
I keep saying all its going to take to bring Lilith over is a large Great Red stuffed animal and a Bento, then Lilith and Ophis will become Ise's body guards.
don't be mistaken i'd love nothing more then this to happen since it would be adorable

but if it would be that easy lilith would've joined when issei met her in the vampire town

it'l probably take ophis+issei+lilith being wounded/defeated by someone

how i think it'l go

lilith meets ophis they have a talk.
issei comes more talk lilith sees the relationship that issei and ophis have and get's kinda jealous?
then lilith goes back to rizevim he then orders her to defend him from 666 beast after hes unsealed it.
she get's badly wounded.
issei arives and deals with 666 beast lilith's heart goes nuts!
lilith jumps into issei's arms proceeded by ophis jumping on him aswell.
loli twins GETO

of course with lots of other stuff inbetween and before but these would be the basics i guess?
Old 2014-02-22, 16:30   Link #2560
Tbolt

Well first time Ise just bought her a small Dragon she is holding out for the large one, and a bento made by Ise.

Tags
action, comedy, echii, harem, oppai, romance, school life