AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kashimashi

Notices

Old 2006-06-04, 19:54   Link #101
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
Ok >.< Yay volume 4 chapter 25 is out
Hrmmm...I don't know...I think they're dragging this last part out too much. I can't stand to see everyone "faking it" ... figures that ...
Spoiler for Chapter 25:
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 05:10   Link #102
Reidlos

Question volume 1

eh, sorry not to bee a noob lol but the website manganews.net only has volume 2 ish and up, any places where I could get voulme 1 up to where they start on the site?
Old 2006-06-17, 14:08   Link #103
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidlos
eh, sorry not to bee a noob lol but the website manganews.net only has volume 2 ish and up, any places where I could get voulme 1 up to where they start on the site?
Register to the forum of the group scanlating the manga, here:
http://dynasty.evalpowar.com/forums/

And then go to the downloads section of the forum (I think you'll find it there).
Old 2006-07-02, 15:12   Link #104
Kamui4356
Aria Company

It seems Seven Seas has licensed the Kashimashi manga. Quite a suprise. I never thought this title would be licensed in any form.
Old 2006-07-03, 01:24   Link #105
NeoSam

Yay Yay

I heard that volume 4 is going to be the last volume I hope thats not right, since there are 3 volumes released and volume 4 is soon to be out >.< it means its almost finished >.<

Ahh Seven Seas have licensed another 2 seinen titles

The seinen light novel Shinigami no Ballad and the seinen manga Kodomo no Jikan
Old 2006-07-03, 01:52   Link #106
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
Yay Yay

I heard that volume 4 is going to be the last volume I hope thats not right, since there are 3 volumes released and volume 4 is soon to be out >.< it means its almost finished >.<

Ahh Seven Seas have licensed another 2 seinen titles

The seinen light novel Shinigami no Ballad and the seinen manga Kodomo no Jikan
Sounds about right. After the last few chapters, it seems like it was starting to come to a conclusion. This series had a lot of potential, but it never quite reached it. I still enjoyed it though.
Old 2006-07-03, 10:14   Link #107
Kensuke

Good thing, I might give this a try. I haven't read the manga and even if anime was mediocre, I enjoyed it.
There is only half dozen manga that I'm buying currently.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 15:59   Link #108
komichi

Well at last Seven Sea was licensed this title so... in other word Dynasty Scan officially announced that they dropped the project.

I was displeased with this because now I have to wait and buy the title when it comes out... >_<

Isn't likely that another scanlation group will pick it up from what I heard.
komichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 23:59   Link #109
Haru27

When was the license given to the u.s.? It reminds me of all the ranma fan stories about ranma being full girl(except Hamuku can care less about his gender even though he is a girly man to being with.) Also on side note if there is a way to read pretty face and Kashimashi online, why can't i find Cheeky Angel???
Haru27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-24, 00:51   Link #110
Haru27

Wtf, why would they suddenly cut off at that point. I don't know where you get your research, but i think ending it at vol 4 is just a joke. You realize that the twist is to excite you and the love story might develop up to at least 15 volumes. I belive though that Hazuma died as a boy and revied as a girl so making it impossible for her to return as a man which would be reasonable. There is a lot more you can do with this.
Old 2006-07-24, 01:43   Link #111
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Unless it was doing poorly in sales, I really don't see it finishing out in only 4 volumes either .... some real crap manga has made it much farther than that. However, at least according to Manga News:
http://www.manganews.net/seriesinfo.php?id=3410 the story lives in 4 volumes.

I'm glad to hear its been licensed (though I'm not familiar with how well Seven Seas handles their translations).... but it is disappointing to have to wait to see how the story really turns out especially since the scanlations stop at that cliffhanger sort of chapter.
edit: I'm not finding any news on the Seven Seas website about them licensing Kashimashi. Where's the source for this information? And if Seven Seas, are they going to provide it via their new GoManga website or in "dead tree" format? Manga News does list it as licensed by them... just not seeing any press release.

I suppose Haru27 might not be finding Cheeky Angel scans because no one may have scanlated Cheeky Angel????
Scanlations are done by hobbyists who share their efforts.... technically they are copyright infringing but most japanese publishers ignore them since they don't affect their bottom line or the scanlations increase the buzz for eventual U.S. licensing. So if you can't find it (assuming you've looked in all the dark alleys of the Internet)... probably no one has taken the time to do it.
Old 2006-07-27, 04:04   Link #112
clsnwbrdr616

Manga release time!

Well, I'm not sure about Seven Seas and a lot of their stuff on gomanga.com, but they do have a release period for Kashimashi. It says late 2006 for volume 1, but I guess since it is not an exact date, their are no guarantees. Thier release schedule can be found at http://www.gomanga.com/manga/index.php.

Kashimashi is about 2/3 down the page. I wonder how long it will take to publish each volume. I don't think they would want to publish them too fast, otherwise they would catch up to the japanese manga (since they only release once a month). If that happens, we will all have a long wait til we see the end of volume 4. Could be 2008 before it gets here.
clsnwbrdr616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-27, 15:17   Link #113
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsnwbrdr616
Could be 2008 before it gets here.
Good God I hope not. They really left us at a "cliff hanger". I was hoping they would be speedy with the volumes as well. Hrm...regardless, I look forward to buying all the other volumes as soon as they come out.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 15:51   Link #114
Haru27

O btw, scans of girl meets girl that actually exists (not he anime source one) are out of order so i'll watch the anime very funny stuff. .I don't care if I was a boy or girl but that god lets me live to serve him more.
Old 2006-08-21, 15:02   Link #115
xris
Just call me Ojisan

The release date for Volume 1 has been announced by Seven Seas, 15th December 2006.

Seven Seas, Kashimashi
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 15:06   Link #116
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
The release date for Volume 1 has been announced by Seven Seas, 15th December 2006.

Seven Seas, Kashimashi
Sweet! Wonder how big of an American audience we'll get though. Damn homophobic crowd....and what is the title "Seven Seas" alteration there for in the manga?
Yazakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 15:14   Link #117
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazakura
Sweet! Wonder how big of an American audience we'll get though. Damn homophobic crowd....and what is the title "Seven Seas" alteration there for in the manga?
Not sure what you mean by this. Seven Seas is the name of the publisher. They have called the manga Kashimashi ~ Girl Meets Girl ~

Have a look at their website, I provided the link in my post above.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 16:22   Link #118
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

So...is the manga longer than the anime, or does it follow the exact story line and end the way it did?
Yazakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 17:11   Link #119
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yes (like most manga is longer than the anime).
no, relationships are similar but the crises and story events are different.
we don't know, the manga is still in progress and we haven't seen the last episode of the anime because its not out yet (October on the last Region 2 DVD volume release). The last aired episode was "an ending" but in the end credits are clues it really isn't a done deal. The producers announced a "last DVD-only" episode at that time.
Old 2006-08-22, 10:55   Link #120
NeoSam

Since the manga is licensed now, the links have been removed from Manganews.

Tags
comedy, romance, seinen, yuri