AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 6 6.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 21.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 29.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 22.73%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 11.36%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 3.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.14%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-11, 20:18   Link #81
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
I was kind of being sarcastic when I said the second after, but yes, torches do tend to take a while to burn out, and Hayato is supposed to be due on Christmas day.

Of course, Keisaku's place is always clean because the writers fail to mention the maid and that we assume that the maid is there. And uh, I don't think Wilhelmina would be interested.

Except that this little carnival thing is equivalent to Six Flags Fright Fest... in that it is October that we're talking about right now.

Yuji needs to realize (ooh, spelling error corrected) that he is dense, because his ignorance may be the obstacle point for the next battle. I still think you're right about the Kazumi thing - that she will play real dirty.

Due on Christmas Day... Ike's received gift for Christmas... a visit by the angel of death who says "You're a Torch and about to burn out. Any last words before I give you your ticket to Heaven?"

I'm surprised that Satou's place doesn't seem to run out of liquor at the rate that Margery drinks.

If Yoshida plays dirty, Yuji might turn against her on detection. But perhaps he'll have his hands full due to either Pheles or the Balle Masque's god.
Old 2007-11-11, 21:01   Link #82
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

I don't think Ike can be a torch or Yuji would have seen it. Now Ike becoming a torch is a different matter
Old 2007-11-11, 21:02   Link #83
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
I don't think Ike can be a torch or Yuji would have seen it. Now Ike becoming a torch is a different matter
Perhaps he was never paying attention,
Old 2007-11-11, 21:18   Link #84
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Perhaps he was never paying attention,
It's kinda sad to say this, but with Yuji in his current state, that would actually be quite possible.
Old 2007-11-11, 21:25   Link #85
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

This episode was good except for... not sure how to put it but, it kinda passes by...? And I think the character design isn't as good in this episode...

Also, it's still early, but I wonder if they'll make 2 OPs for this season as well.

Say, when the title is "Ike Hayato, His Glorious Day," why do they put it that way when we're sure he's going to fail?

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2007-11-11, 22:19   Link #86
Excorsism

Um, if you're going to be talking about novel-specific things, put it in a spoiler tag... unless I'm misinterpreting something here.
Old 2007-11-12, 00:15   Link #87
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
Oh yeah, that's self-explanatory. I was just referring to the little discussion about Ike being a torch and whatnot. Even if it isn't true, better safe than sorry. Excuse me if I'm being too paranoid.

I just fear of spoilers since I plan on reading the novels pretty soon.
just speculation. >,>

I mean with Hecate right there and the title being "Ike's glorious day", it doesn't seem like too much to fear for Ike's life.
Old 2007-11-12, 00:17   Link #88
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
It's kinda sad to say this, but with Yuji in his current state, that would actually be quite possible.
I can't argue with that! But I would like to point out that in S1 Ike has been specifically slated as non torch. He would have had to had been eaten at some point between early S1 and now for him to become one. Unless Yuji has lost the ability or I misinterpreted, I think that he just sees torches for what they are.
Old 2007-11-12, 00:23   Link #89
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Two thoughts that crossed my mind while watching:
- I never thought I'd say this, but Shana looks good with glasses.
- I never thought I'd say this either, but Margery Daw is cool and mature.
The second point almost made up for the slowness of the last couple of eps for me.
Old 2007-11-12, 01:32   Link #90
Echoes

Slow progress aside, I really liked this episode. The humor was just right, and I enjoyed the focus on the friendship within the group. I'm getting a little impatient for the plot to thicken, since the second season lacks the kind of initial drag-you-into-it factor the first had, but that might have a lot to do with watching the show on one-episode-a-week basis as well.
Old 2007-11-12, 01:36   Link #91
d.sinclair

Another exciting installment of Slice-of-Life Shana. Huzzah, there's actually some development in this episode! Now Shana+Yoshida are...back at square one?
Honestly, though, I kind of enjoyed this one. We get some nice development going between the gang, and our beloved flame haze and Wife Material Yoshida do make some badly needed progress. It was also pretty cool seeing the "experienced onee-san" angle in Margery, but since when was she interested in anything besides getting drunk and busting Tomogara?

"I want to understand Yuuji!"
You know what? So do I. I just get the feeling when I'm watching this that the writers are conveniently shafting his character just to dig some "development" out of Shana and Yoshida. I mean, there's a limit to how dense you can get. Yoshida confessed to the guy, and he still hasn't done anything about it. They definitely skipped out on the "oh no confession awkward" scenes that should have followed, or I totally missed something in S1. It's like it never happened....
Well, whatever. I wanted to shoot myself the past two episodes but this one was strangely easy to watch.

I've been thinking about this since S1-isn't it obvious that someone likes you when they go so far as to make you a bento? Maybe it's a cultural thing that I'm totally missing out here (which I doubt), but that sort of thing never happens in American high schools, and I'm guessing it's probably at least pretty conspicuous in Japan...well, chalk another one up for Yuuji Dimwit, or should I say another example of convenience writing.
Old 2007-11-12, 01:50   Link #92
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
just speculation. >,>

I mean with Hecate right there and the title being "Ike's glorious day", it doesn't seem like too much to fear for Ike's life.
I was somewhat aware but the way the idea was presented felt like it was actually content from the novels, so yeah.. Sorry for my misinterpretation.

Back on topic, this episode was alright but the lack of story progression sort of makes me cringe.
Old 2007-11-12, 02:00   Link #93
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.sinclair View Post
Kazumi: "I want to understand Yuji!"

You know what? So do I. I just get the feeling when I'm watching this that the writers are conveniently shafting his character just to dig some "development" out of Shana and Yoshida. I mean, there's a limit to how dense you can get. Yoshida confessed to the guy, and he still hasn't done anything about it. They definitely skipped out on the "oh no confession awkward" scenes that should have followed, or I totally missed something in S1. It's like it never happened....
Uh, okay. So Kazumi confessed to Yuji. I know Yuji cares about Kazumi to some extent, but knowing this, he's still unsure about his feelings to anyone, so how is he supposed to act toward Kazumi?

Quote:
I've been thinking about this since S1-isn't it obvious that someone likes you when they go so far as to make you a bento? Maybe it's a cultural thing that I'm totally missing out here (which I doubt), but that sort of thing never happens in American high schools, and I'm guessing it's probably at least pretty conspicuous in Japan...well, chalk another one up for Yuuji Dimwit, or should I say another example of convenience writing.
Uh, that's only considering that you can cook. And Shana totally fell for what we call Japan-ization. Much like Americanization, except in Japan.
Old 2007-11-12, 02:36   Link #94
grey_moon

It is quite amusing how a battled harden vet can make such bad tactical choices in the combat known as love. I would have thought that not challenging someone at their own game is basics. Shana the lower then noob chef is trying to win Yuji's heart with cooking against Yoshida who is a grandmaster ninja kung fu shaolin master....
Old 2007-11-12, 02:48   Link #95
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
It is quite amusing how a battled harden vet can make such bad tactical choices in the combat known as love. I would have thought that not challenging someone at their own game is basics. Shana the lower then noob chef is trying to win Yuji's heart with cooking against Yoshida who is a grandmaster ninja kung fu shaolin master....
Someone tell her to buy something other than melon bread...
Old 2007-11-12, 03:25   Link #96
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
Say, when the title is "Ike Hayato, His Glorious Day," why do they put it that way when we're sure he's going to fail?
I wouldn't put too much faith in ep titles... I mean ep 6 was called night "before an ordeal"... Made me think that something reguarding Bal Masque was going to happen after the study session... But it turned out the ordeal was just a surprise test...........
Old 2007-11-12, 03:28   Link #97
d.sinclair

Quote:
Uh, okay. So Kazumi confessed to Yuji. I know Yuji cares about Kazumi to some extent, but knowing this, he's still unsure about his feelings to anyone, so how is he supposed to act toward Kazumi?
Hmm. Where in the series do they show that Yuuji is "unsure" about anything regarding his feelings? There hasn't been any indication of what he is consciously thinking in regards to Yoshida, and he has just been blandly nice to her as always. Right now it appears as if he is totally ignoring that the confession happened. But I never got the impression from the writers that they're making him act that way as part of the plot...more like they're just being lazy. Not just about Yoshida but to the other haremettes, too: we don't get much conscious thought from Yuuji at all concerning any potential love interest. And not that he's incapable of romance; again the writers are shafting him.

Maybe I'm just frustrated that Yuuji isn't a more dynamic character. I would like SnS much more if Yuuji weren't so generic and airheaded. Seriously, make him a Kyon or something for all I care just to spice things up. Why must the humans in this show be so uninteresting??
Old 2007-11-12, 03:43   Link #98
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Hmm. Where in the series do they show that Yuuji is "unsure" about anything? There hasn't been any indication of what he is consciously thinking in regards to Yoshida, and he has just been blandly nice to her as always.
Certainly Yuji has been a closed booked even among the viewers, we get little to no insight on the inner workings of his mind and you certainly can't conclude that Yuji is "unsure about anything" but that argument also works in reverse too. So I tend to think that unless we get a more detailed insight on what Yuji's thinking, both arguments could be correct as both partys lack the evidence to prove their theory to be correct and also lack the evidence to prove the other party incorrect.

The lack of info on how Yuji thinks works as a double edged sword.

Quote:
Right now it appears as if he is totally ignoring that the confession happened. But I never got the impression from the writers that they're consciously making him act that way...more like they're just being lazy.
Not just about Yoshida but to the other haremettes, too: we don't get much conscious thought from Yuuji at all concerning any potential love interest. Does he have balls???
Like i said before, you really can't come to that decision yet as we all lack evidence to how Yuji thinks.

Quote:
Maybe I'm just frustrated that Yuuji isn't a more dynamic character. I would like SnS much more if Yuuji weren't the airhead that he is. Seriously, make him a Kyon or something to spice things up;
lol I doubt a Kyonish male lead would go far in this anime, the first instance he makes a sarcastic remark then Shana will probably just kill him, it helps disperse the hougo within him too.

As reguarding him as a dynamic character that really depends on your taste. If you find someone like Kyon a dynamic character (I certainly do) then you may find characters that stray from hos character profile to be boring. Obviously you also have to consider the context. Kyon's sarcastic attitude would do little to melt Shana's cold heart, in fact it'll probably harden it more. Certainly Yuji's character isn't unique but I wouldn't go so far as to call him an airhead.

Quote:
why are the humans in this series so uninteresting?
Yuji's a torch by the way so technically he isn't a human
Old 2007-11-12, 08:07   Link #99
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Something was strange with the character art this episode.

That aside, it seemed like something happened without anything really happening. I think something needs to happen to pick the series up; it doesn't even have to be action in the sense of violence. Just something to renew my interest.
Old 2007-11-12, 08:12   Link #100
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Okay, what's up with the complaints for the character art? I'm not seeing it.
Closed Thread