AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-22, 04:56   Link #201
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Its nice to see some calm male leads like Uryuu once in a while, as most generic male leads are the type who are occasionally rash and can't make up their minds. However Sakuno's style of speech is on a level, annoyingly slowwww, and monotone-ish.\

But it sure must be very odd to see people talking to themselves at supermarkets.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 05:35   Link #202
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyriaL View Post
Its nice to see some calm male leads like Uryuu once in a while, as most generic male leads are the type who are occasionally rash and can't make up their minds. However Sakuno's style of speech is on a level, annoyingly slowwww, and monotone-ish.\

But it sure must be very odd to see people talking to themselves at supermarkets.
The good point of the slow speech is that one has a better chance to understand it than the usual fast(er)-pace of jp. speech . Personally, I like the these kind of characters unless they prove to be really bad by other actions or traits.

@supermarket: I whisper to myself when I do my routine-grocery shopping Mainly the things I put in my basket so that I can tick off that item on my "mental" shopping list or at the end to see if I have most things I wanted.

@Sakuno: I wonder if there's a reason why she called Shingo on the mobile that breakfast was ready on episode 1. Maybe it's just her way because she seems to have this innate quiet voice. It's at least the first time I've encountered such a scenario in anime (and VNs).
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 09:51   Link #203
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
can somone do a avi picture of airi face at the end?

avi of her funny face with the tears in the end supermarket i mean
Here you are.

Avatar (crying face scene is not suitable for avatar. It is too wide to make a square.)

So, I make them as normal gifs
Spoiler for Gif (480 *320):

Feel free to use them, everyone.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 13:44   Link #204
ookamigirl

Airi still stubborn about guys in her school..
That cat thing is so totally cute #^-^#
Shingo got himself buried under all kinds of different obligations.
Guess we can expect some flaring emotions between Airi & Shingo even more in the upcoming episodes.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 19:14   Link #205
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
... It'll take time for Sena to mellow out as a character, not to mention the overall pacing of the story, but... damn. I feel like already putting her on a bounty for her head...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 14:38   Link #206
Candyshark

Ok just caught up with series and I have to admit loving it so far. Chara design is nice I have no problems with pacing or a fact that nothing is new in the show.

The only thing that worries me is that Shingo left the biggest impression on me. Perceptive, approachable, depedable, fast learner and his friend isn't some kind of pervert or goofball.
Loving the bits of him and his sister conversating.

Compared to majikoi I'm not familiar with source nevertheless i enjoy it far more. Somewhat interested in checking the original but if I develope any kind of foundness towards characters it will be hard to "read" it.

That furball is creepy.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 15:24   Link #207
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Okay ... I thought ep 3 was very good indeed. Very well done and very realistic portrayal of the characters who are so normal imo it approaches being delightful!

8/10 vote for ep 3 from me....
Old 2011-10-25, 04:50   Link #208
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Can't get into this. Tried watching episode 2, but my dislike for Sena after the first 10 min just skyrocketed. She's not even a tsundere really.. just a bitch. Doesn't help that it's so cliche ridden and typical. >< Think I'll hold off until it's finished before I watch it... hoping Sena isn't the end girl, but it's probably going to happen. I'd rather have the maid (she's funny), the sister or even the cat thing.

I guess I'll be sticking with Boku wa Tomodachi and C3 as my main animes for this season, and maybe I'll take up Majikoi, though I hear the story on that is confusing if you haven't played the VN (and even if you have). I read the manga, though, which I enjoy.
Old 2011-10-25, 16:06   Link #209
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Spoiler for spoiler episode 4:

Spoiler for edit spoiler episode 4:

Spoiler for edit episode 4:

Last edited by hyl; 2011-10-25 at 17:24. Reason: edit some minor typo fixes
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 16:38   Link #210
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Iroiro 04 - Lifestyles of the Moderate and Idolous:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 18:09   Link #211
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Spoiler for Episode 4:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-10-25 at 22:54. Reason: fix typo
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 05:33   Link #212
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Spoiler for Episode 4:

Last edited by Mahou; 2011-10-26 at 05:50.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 08:19   Link #213
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Spoiler for Episode 4:
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 09:51   Link #214
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Spoiler for Episode 4:
Spoiler for Episode 4 (with very limited game comparisons):
Old 2011-10-27, 14:01   Link #215
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 4:
Old 2011-10-27, 15:01   Link #216
amoirsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Spoiler for ep 4:
I would have jokingly stated that it's like a certain block but that's not quite accurate either.

At least the allocation usage of the minor character was done evenly without creating any distortion but this does make me wonder what possibilities exist other than the likely primary route.

Funny how it seemed like a 180 that made sense. As you noticed, Sana was the only active Yuijo student that can be used to communicate with (other than Angie I suppose, but she runs a maid role which semi-defaults incorporation) or be in local proximity of almost any given event because she has more links to the characters in terms of basic communication. Then you get this ep 4 incident but that is more due to character specific reasons.

What I meant by local proximity was lunch seating arrangements or who's next to who when walking home. Sana's the one next to Shingo in majority cases. (Of course the answer is to be next to Miu and nothing else in those cases but that's not really correlated with the episode 2 conversations.) I'm implying that it's interesting how the Yuijo girl that initiates and integrates with the boys the most actually has the most distaste. (Again from what's shown it feels more due to character specific reasons and not really a general things.)

On a random note, do the other characters have specific BGMs played? Miu's was obvious but I can't remember anyone else having one.

Funny how this anime would fall under romcom since no rom really manifested and there is no com at all.

Relentless mentioned some closure, so I'm curious about route implementation or character focus in future episodes and how that will be integrated without deviating.
amoirsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 17:10   Link #217
Khalil

After four episodes I've got to say, that this must be the most generic and bland anime I've ever seen, not even Hoshizora he Kakaru Hashi reached that level - at least the otouto-route trolling was sort of fun.
Khalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 18:04   Link #218
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
After four episodes I've got to say, that this must be the most generic and bland anime I've ever seen, not even Hoshizora he Kakaru Hashi reached that level - at least the otouto-route trolling was sort of fun.
I respect your opinion, but I personally think it's sort of refreshing that this show isn't relying too much on gimmicks and instead just focusing on a calming, heart-warming atmosphere and character development. I guess I've seen enough of these shows by now that something just basically plays out like the game is fine by me, and even preferable to some of the other approaches I've seen. Of course, I totally acknowledge that everyone's mileage may vary, as they say.

Edit: Unrelated to the above, but to the latest episode...

Spoiler for Episode 4 BGM + extra observation:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-10-27 at 18:49.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 19:14   Link #219
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I respect your opinion, but I personally think it's sort of refreshing that this show isn't relying too much on gimmicks and instead just focusing on a calming, heart-warming atmosphere and character development. I guess I've seen enough of these shows by now that something just basically plays out like the game is fine by me, and even preferable to some of the other approaches I've seen. Of course, I totally acknowledge that everyone's mileage may vary, as they say.
By the nature of what has been the dominant staple for harems/romance over the last couple of years, this shows actually feels 'fresh' in spite of, if not because of, its very basic premise, gradual pacing, and 'realistic' characters.

Its not redefining the genre but going by older, more sentimental definitions that would fit in an 80s movie, and a style that many haven't really experienced in a long time.

That said, I am happily enjoying this show's refreshing atmosphere and male lead, I even like the complexities that were revealed about our (probably) main heroine. More or less, I think I know where the plot is going and unless they really throw a curve ball at us, its probably going to be an Airi route.
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 22:07   Link #220
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Airi finely opened up after every one found out her secret

But what was Miu wearing cat ears with black wings

Tags
eroge, romance, seinen