Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 12:34   Link #2503
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post
Wow, Ging is a horrible person.

"My son may try to find me. If you see him in ten years. Try to kill him."
To be fair Ging only asked that his friends not go easy on Gon just because he was his kid. I find that perfectly normal. Harsh but normal...
Old 2013-03-03, 13:20   Link #2504
Maxtro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
To be fair Ging only asked that his friends not go easy on Gon just because he was his kid. I find that perfectly normal. Harsh but normal...
LOL, I understand Ging not wanting his friends to go easy on him. But Razor's throw was intended to kill Gon. If Gon screwed up with the block he would have died.

"Hey Ging, it's Razor."
"Hey whats up dude?"
"I killed your son with a dodgeball. He didn't catch the ball and his head exploded."
"Nah, that's cool. Want to get a beer? I'm going to land my giant flying monster in a bit."
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 13:30   Link #2505
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Maybe "He wasn't even able to catch a ball? I knew he wasn't mine."

Or "That'll teach him to sue for child suppport!"
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 13:39   Link #2506
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

You're looking at it the wrong way. The reason Ging told Razor not to hold back was because holding back would be damn insulting.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 13:40   Link #2507
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
You're looking at it the wrong way. The reason Ging told Razor not to hold back was because holding back would be damn insulting.
And not holding back could be damn fatal...
Old 2013-03-03, 13:43   Link #2508
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

COULD. There is a CHANCE of Gon killing if by some fluke Gon didn't turn out to be strong enough. On the otherhand, if Razor DID hold back, there is 100% chance for it to be insulting.

Does Gon look like he'd enjoy this even half as much if Razor were holding back? You have to take Gon's personality into account here.
Old 2013-03-03, 13:44   Link #2509
garbage

I think too that Ging knows & believes in Gon enough that he can take it. That any kind of "babying" will only stunt his growth.
I think too that Ging believes in his friend razor & his skill enough to properly set the limits. The greatest Martial Arts masters are the one who can control their strength the best.
Old 2013-03-03, 14:42   Link #2510
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Nice like how Ging told Razor not to go easy on Gon. So Hisoka's gum was stopped by combining players, it was an interesting thing to try though. When Gon gets that smile things get heated up, can't wait to see what he does next, but doesn't that mean he's outside right now?
Old 2013-03-03, 18:06   Link #2511
Clarste
Human

Now that I think about it, if I were Goreinu or Tsezgerra I'd be thinking about coming back without Gon so Razor would go easy on them. The implication is that it's not normally supposed to be this hard to get the card.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 18:37   Link #2512
AnimeFan188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
I don't really remember Hisoka harming any innocents. In the hunter exam and heaven's arena, everyone was legally fair game so that technically doesn't count. He also took the exam so he could become a blacklist hunter and hunt down dangerous criminals.

Also he infiltrated the most dangerous criminal group in the world so he could take a shot at their leader.

Other than looking at Gon's and Kil's asses he hasn't done anything you might consider as villainous.
But back when Hisoka was first introduced, it was mentioned that he was disqualified
from previous hunter exams for *killing* examiners.

He also maimed a person before the exam started by turning his arms into flowers.
Simply because he didn't say "excuse me", or somesuch.
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 21:46   Link #2513
gsilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
But back when Hisoka was first introduced, it was mentioned that he was disqualified from previous hunter exams for *killing* examiners.
What chapter was this? I remember him attacking an examiner, but he also didn't expect the attack to work on a real examiner.
Old 2013-03-03, 23:23   Link #2514
ChainLegacy
廉頗

The fact that Hisoka's willing to team up with 'our heroes' just for the fun of it shows why he's such a great villain... he truly represents chaos, always a wild card.

Razor must be a super powerful guy for him to create all of these nen devils, especially one that can catch a throw from Hisoka.

As for Ging being a bad father, hey, he pretty much admitted it himself in an earlier episode... At least Gon doesn't seem to mind (or perhaps he prefers it in a strange way?)
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 02:26   Link #2515
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

See that's what I'm talking about. If you start calling Ging "a horrible person" then you probably don't understand Gon and Ging's relationship.
Old 2013-03-04, 02:33   Link #2516
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

They don't really have one. Ging abandoned him as a baby, and has had no contact since then. It's not like they built a rapport based on throwing Gon into life threatening situations, like Silva and Killua. For all Ging knows or care, Gon could have grown up wanting to be an accountant.
Old 2013-03-04, 03:52   Link #2517
Clarste
Human

Ging is a horrible person. He's the kind of person who'd abandon his baby to do what he loves, and then if his kid still attempts to find him anyway throw death traps in his way. While arguably he assumes that any kid who wasn't discouraged by the message would probably appreciate a good challenge, there's still the fact that he doesn't care if his kid lives or dies.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 07:06   Link #2518
FateAnomaly

Maybe thats why Gon's mother is no around.

Gin: Hey, my woman wants to play frisbee.
Friends: Sure, no problem.
Gin: No need to go easy on her.
Friends:Ok.

1 min later

Friends: Oops, i think her head came off.
Gin: Hmm, thats bad.... wanna go explore a lost continent in my new dragon?
Friends: Sure, but what about the baby?
Gin: No problem, i will just drop it off at my sister's place.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 10:44   Link #2519
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

^Somehow I doubt that's the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
They don't really have one. Ging abandoned him as a baby, and has had no contact since then. It's not like they built a rapport based on throwing Gon into life threatening situations, like Silva and Killua. For all Ging knows or care, Gon could have grown up wanting to be an accountant.
Perhaps I shouldn't have used the word 'relationship', but I don't really know a better word for it. There is like, this 'thing' between them. Like, Ging is pursuing something, and Gon is following to find out what this 'something' is. He doesn't resent his father at all, nor does he expect any traditional father-son bonding. That's not what his journey is about.

I would also like to point out, that if Gon wanted to grow up to be an accountant, then he wouldn't have become a Hunter, and would never even have met Razor, so that point is pretty moot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
there's still the fact that he doesn't care if his kid lives or dies.
Only quoting this part because everything that came before is pretty much factual and true. This part isn't. It's not that he doesn't care, it's that he honestly believes that he won't. Again, you have to look at this from Gon's perspective. Do you really think that Gon would be happy if Razor held back?
Old 2013-03-04, 12:47   Link #2520
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Spoiler for Manga page of the recent episode aired and graphic scenes:

Tags
action, shounen