AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-01-04, 13:13   Link #1
Andrelol

Good anime openings/endings dubbed in your language?

I don't know about English or other languages but here anime used to get some nice dubbed versions of anime. Nowadays however we just have (really) crap voice acting... Actually, we almost don't have anime on TV anymore.

I'm gonna be posting here some good openings and endings dubbed in brazilian portuguese... I might post more if this topic survive. Feel free to post openings and endings in other languages too.

Old 2011-01-04, 13:35   Link #2
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I admit I haven't seen many dubbed OP's but one song actually like more in the English dub rather than the Japanese original is Dragon Ball Kai's OP "Dragon Soul":

And while I find the Japanese one of this OP better, the dub is still such a delight to listen to:

Good god Vic Mignogna can sing. =)
Old 2011-01-04, 16:01   Link #3
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

A bit chessy sounding, still I adore the english OP for Captain Tylor.

GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 23:02   Link #4
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
And while I find the Japanese one of this OP better, the dub is still such a delight to listen to:

Good god Vic Mignogna can sing. =)
That is beautiful singing there!
Old 2011-01-04, 23:30   Link #5
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

Honestly, the only real English openers that I like are some of the ones from pokemon, and really that's the only complete anime (if it can be called that) that I like dubbed. Otherwise I like all Japanese OP/ED's.

But from the Japanese OP's, my favorite is probably the first season opener of Death Note.

Likewise, for ending themes, I like the Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu ending, mostly because it's entertaining enough to watch (I'm not a big fan of ending themes)
Old 2011-01-05, 00:46   Link #6
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
It is rare to come across things such as this. Usually I am against dubbing over Japanese songs under most circumstances but there are a few gems out there.

These are my top ones:

Tenchi Muyo TV English Opening. I LOVE this version, a lot more than the original. Actually, I love the dub more than the original too....so...yeah. XD

Nerima Daikon Bros English Opening and Ending Chris, Greg, and Luci seriously put the original singers to SHAME. They do. Honestly, they're amazing when they sing.

Magic Knights Rayearth Second Season English Opening This one...I've only seen the trailer but I thought it was beautiful and quite well done. I absolutely hate saying this but the Japanese openings remind me of chipmunks. XD;
(can't find the vid for that. oh wellz. :x
Old 2011-01-05, 09:00   Link #7
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

I wouldn't say it's a good dub, but it's certainly hilarious. Bonus points if you can understand the lyrics, haha.

Gotta love these old-school Portuguese dubs.
Old 2011-01-05, 13:10   Link #8
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I loved the opening of Akachan to Baku since I was a little girl ..beautiful song
Old 2011-01-05, 17:25   Link #9
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

One Piece Opening 4 (Funimation) dub is also good

Old 2011-01-07, 07:07   Link #10
Garigari-kun
The Combat Otaku

Location: Hiding here in Closed Space with Haruhi, Konata, Nagi, and Kirino. Reading: Grimoire
Yeah! and I like this one xD

*edits*

Nendoroid © Good Smile Company
"I'm just one
Hell of a OTAKU"

Last edited by Garigari-kun; 2011-01-07 at 19:58.
Garigari-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 11:37   Link #11
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garigari-kun View Post
Yeah! and I like this one xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frrKTR2O63Q

Gomene! I dunno what code can I use to post this as a video.. -.-"
I didn't either so I did a "test-quote" on the other members' posts to see how they did it. XD

It's really simple!! You just do this (replace the parenthesis with brackets though)

(youtube]frrKTR2O63Q[/youtube)

Just make sure you put only the last part of URL in between the youtube brackets and voila!
Old 2011-01-07, 19:56   Link #12
Garigari-kun
The Combat Otaku

Location: Hiding here in Closed Space with Haruhi, Konata, Nagi, and Kirino. Reading: Grimoire
Quote:
I didn't either so I did a "test-quote" on the other members' posts to see how they did it. XD

It's really simple!! You just do this (replace the parenthesis with brackets though)

(youtube]frrKTR2O63Q[/youtube)

Just make sure you put only the last part of URL in between the youtube brackets and voila!
Oh, Well Thank you Chiibi-san

"I'm just one
Hell of a OTAKU"
Old 2011-01-07, 23:54   Link #13
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garigari-kun View Post
Oh, Well Thank you Chiibi-san
You're welcome. I always have to lend a hand to people struggling with html and code because I myself, struggle and HATE it.
Old 2011-01-08, 00:37   Link #14
Garigari-kun
The Combat Otaku

^
DOUBLE POST

Epic Fail Chibi-san! xD

"I'm just one
Hell of a OTAKU"
Old 2012-04-30, 14:00   Link #15
TheCrimsonGhost

I absolutely love Thunder Jet Opening in Arabic, I grew up watching it & it's a part of my childhood:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6iDscvl_VE

Also the Dragon Ball Z Opening:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJeS-RT0Ji8

Remi, Nobody's Girl: (begins at 0:40) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJFDvyEhsck
TheCrimsonGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 14:55   Link #16
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Only official?

v=2KAb2c7Z-Sk (Pity this is not official)
Old 2012-04-30, 20:42   Link #17
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

Pioneer used to dub most of the OP/ED to anime they released in NA up until they transitioned to DVD. I liked a lot of their dubbed songs; understanding the lyrics made you realize how hilariously awful most anisongs really are. Yeah, yeah the lyrics were often changed in translation, but come on most anisongs are bad.

Here's a few I liked:

I can't find the songs with the OP/ED animation, but here's Phantom Quest Corp. I think the songs are amazing, I'll let you guess whether they're amazing in a good or bad way.

Moldiver, another cheesy one. I liked the Japanese version better simply because yelling out ridiculous things like "Metamorforce!" is somehow less mortifying in Japanese:

Pretty Sammy OVA. The lyrics are incredibly inappropriate.

Tenchi Muyo OVA. I believe this is the same singer as the Pretty Sammy OVA above.

El Hazard The Wanderers OP

Now for an oddity. This is the opening from the Turbografx CD game The Dynastic Hero. I've always wondered what the story was behind this. The game came out about a half year after Pioneer started releasing Tenchi Muyo in English. This opening music sounds like something straight out of Tenchi. Makes me wonder if the same artists/studio that did the Tenchi songs also did this (the game has nothing to do with Tenchi).:

Record of Lodoss War OP. Again, I prefer the Japanese version, but the English is good too:

There's also another version of the Lodoss OP by Arai Akino (composed the OP). Slightly "Engrishy" but still interesting:

Record of Lodoss War ED

About Rayearth earlier in the thread, I liked Sandy Fox's songs for the English version, but I really liked one of the two English openings done by Working Designs for the Sega Saturn game. Unfortunately, the only video I could find on Youtube had horribly stuttering audio. I need to rip the opening and upload it to Youtube someday.

Also speaking of Sandy Fox, I have to admit I liked her version of "Freckles" for Rurouni Kenshin.

Now a Korean opening for Nurse Angel Ririka SOS. The Korean opening is very different from the Japanese one (the ED is similar to the Japanese ED):

Spanish opening for Maison Ikkoku. I think I'd love this song in any language. I found a Catalan version too, if anyone know of other versions please post (I'd like to hear the song in French, but the French opening for Maison Ikkoku is a different song).

TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 00:19   Link #18
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie View Post

Pretty Sammy OVA. The lyrics are incredibly inappropriate.

Holy crap!! You're not kidding about the lyrics! The Japanese version isn't nearly as....inappropriate! And here I thought only the "SASAMI HAS BOOBS AND PANTIES LOL" scene was inappropriate in that OP!
seriously...what was up with that? o_O They never sexualized her in the OVA OR the TV series!

Quote:
Record of Lodoss War ED

AUGHHH I totally forgot about this gem! Bad me!! XD *hits self with stick* I was so enchanted with it from the first time I heard it. Wow, the refrain still gives me a chill! SO NOSTALGIC!!

Quote:
About Rayearth earlier in the thread, I liked Sandy Fox's songs for the English version
Quote:
Also speaking of Sandy Fox, I have to admit I liked her version of "Freckles" for Rurouni Kenshin.
YES! YES! She's very good at singing and doing "cute" voices.

It's really funny-when I first heard her singing, I was like "I KNOW THAT VOICE! WHY?" So I looked up her name. I had recognized that she does Guni the little green fairy demon thing in the Nightwalker dub, my favorite vamp anime. So...now...when I hear her songs, I'm forever picturing Guni....singing....which is not something Guni would do...so it's really weird!! XD

Last edited by Chiibi; 2012-05-01 at 00:41.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 00:32   Link #19
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Since the above have mentioned Sandy Fox and I can only agree, here's Freckles:

and while we're on Rurouni Kenshin, I also liked the English ED:

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 07:42   Link #20
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

My favorites french-dubbed theme songs include Fist of the North Star (that makes me laugh like crazy), Saint Seiya and Dragon Ball Z (the classic one). I also liked the arabic dub of Hunter X Hunter ending theme (that I find it wonderful). I also notes that I'm a huge fan of Cardcaptor Sakura's french theme song and many more magical girl animes (even Mirmo! at some point !).
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote