AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-23, 17:31   Link #1
Silence_Fish

Send a message via AIM to Silence_Fish
Question FLCL manga discussion

I know that in most cases it's the manga that proceeds the anime, but I was wondering if this was true for FLCL as well. Does anyone know which one came first? Thanks.
Old 2004-10-23, 17:34   Link #2
Silence_Fish

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silence_Fish
I know that in most cases it's the manga that proceeds the anime, but I was wondering if this was true for FLCL as well. Does anyone know which one came first? Thanks.
Nevermind, I just checked the official site, and apparently the anime was first.
Old 2004-10-23, 22:03   Link #3
bschultz

keep in mind that the manga makes just as much sence as the anime... which is to say. it makes absoultly no fucking sence. It litteraly gave me a headache.

Last edited by bschultz; 2004-10-23 at 22:04. Reason: addition
Old 2004-10-23, 23:26   Link #4
DeepFreeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by bschultz
keep in mind that the manga makes just as much sence as the anime... which is to say. it makes absoultly no fucking sence. It litteraly gave me a headache.
Blah. FLCL makes perfect sense. You just have to watch it about 20 times in a row before you figure out what the hell is going on.
Old 2004-10-23, 23:53   Link #5
Silence_Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by bschultz

While I'll admit it's quite strange, there is indeed method to the madness. The totalitarian force of Medical Mechanica is attempting to iron out the earth and destroy it with robots which travel through a portal in Naota's head. Haruko was sent to defeat those robots, even though her ulterior motive is to wrest the high-powered guitar weapon from Adamisk (sp?). In the middle of all this is Naota having to deal with his horn-dog dad and his older brother's ex-girlfriend who keeps trying to replace him with Naota. Perfect, utter sense. Sort of.
Old 2004-10-27, 09:43   Link #6
angelica
angel of lust

hmmm

the manga is indeed better than the show but im confused are there only 2 volumes and i cant remember if they ended it in vol 2 ???
Old 2004-10-27, 09:45   Link #7
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelica
the manga is indeed better than the show but im confused are there only 2 volumes and i cant remember if they ended it in vol 2 ???
Yes, the manga end with volume two.
Old 2004-10-27, 11:26   Link #8
angelica
angel of lust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
Yes, the manga end with volume two.
that is good i am happy i own them all then
Old 2004-10-29, 00:23   Link #9
Silence_Fish

Does anyone know why they only did two volumes? The anime is six episodes, and contains a lot more content than what's featured in the manga; I'm not even sure the manga can really make any sense (or as much as FLCL can) without having seen the anime first.
Old 2004-11-18, 23:36   Link #10
Zero Murasame
Me+AK-74= UNSTOPPABLE

I skimmed it...it's okay. kinda weird....yet spicy......I have no idea what i'm talkin about.
Old 2004-11-19, 01:46   Link #11
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silence_Fish
Does anyone know why they only did two volumes? The anime is six episodes, and contains a lot more content than what's featured in the manga; I'm not even sure the manga can really make any sense (or as much as FLCL can) without having seen the anime first.
That's not really true.

The anime and manga approach the stroy from two different angles. In particular the focus of the relationship between Raharu and Atomosk(sp?) as well as the relationship between Noata and Ninamori. I'd say the two stroies are actually suficiently different as to qualify as different works.

If you're looking for something screwed up, read the FLCL novels.
Old 2005-12-28, 21:32   Link #12
applechewer_
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to applechewer_
So I just read FLCL...

...what the hell was that about?

It was really weird and confusing, right? I'm not just stupid? Anyone else got this problem?

Thanks
Old 2005-12-28, 22:57   Link #13
Laik

Of course you're not stupid. Some of the things in FLCL are subtle and hard to pick up on at times. I know for sure that I wouldn't understand nearly as much as I did about the manga if I didn't watch the anime first though.

Just re-read it and see if you catch some things you didn't notice before.
Old 2005-12-28, 22:57   Link #14
Vide
Lurker

Read it again, and then again, and perhaps you'll start understanding something.

Watch the anime as well, although that might only help confuse you even more.
Old 2006-08-07, 12:39   Link #15
drgntig
i'm psychic.god says hi.

hey all memebers if you read fooly cooly or flcl as other people call it come here.

i'm in the middle of class with nothing to do so i wated to ask if anyone has seen/read flcl. it's a kind of short serisabout a mainly three people.a 6th grader who is the main character, an alien, and a high school student.

the main character is really retarted .the alien won't stop hitting stuff with her guitar.and the hiigh school student beleives this video game character is real.

i just want opinions.
Old 2006-08-08, 09:17   Link #16
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
I never watched the anime, but to me FLCL is one of the most meaningless manga I've ever read. Even worse than Masamune Shirow's works.
The art is great, but that's not enough. It's just... uncomplete. I almost regretted to have bought it, actually. Don't blame me. I like weird stories that lead nowhere, but this was simply too much.
Old 2006-08-08, 16:54   Link #17
WillReaper
Reaper de la Souls

I like it alot, the art is great and the story is off the wall. You have to read it a couple dozen times to make any sense of it of course. But when there is only two books, what the hell. As for the anime... I haven't seen it yet, I wish they would make some kind of collectors set for it, I can't afford something at 30 dollars a piece. I found it by accident as well, I was in a book store and some girl pointed to it and said "you can only really understand that if you're stupid or wasted" I took that challenge and she was right... Does the anime really help alot?
Old 2006-08-22, 18:26   Link #18
Kamiru

Send a message via MSN to Kamiru
Hm, I'm a fan of FLCL only my local bookstore didn't sell any of the volumes and I couldn't catch any of the shows on adult swim, unfortunately.

But I did manage to snag a copy of the manga author's new series (Q-ko-chan anyone?) and it's as confusing as FLCL seems to be. XD
Old 2006-08-22, 18:30   Link #19
darky
I belong to Darkness

Send a message via MSN to darky
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepFreeze
Blah. FLCL makes perfect sense. You just have to watch it about 20 times in a row before you figure out what the hell is going on.
I am with you pal, it hard to figure out what's going on on the scences
Closed Thread