AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-04-19, 18:27   Link #161
Kaijin
かいじん

BANZAI PreSage! I wholeheartedly agree with you.
Old 2008-04-19, 18:30   Link #162
nanafan
horo fan

bravo presage, i like kaname i don't have a problem with him at all, i think he is a good guy looking out for yuuki a lot and tries to get the night class to get along with zero. if anyones a bit cold i think it's zero. he's not as caring to yuuki as kaname is.
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 03:09   Link #163
Torri_fay_torren@hot
Former # 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Hating Kaname just because he's a love rival is just a pathetic excuse. T_T The guy isn't bad, so give him a break just because he also loves Yuuki - long before Zero, might I add. If anything, Kaname's love for Yuuki has withstand a lot. I'm sure Kaname knows the danger of Zero as his rival but his action towards Zero has not been anything but courteous, even when Yuuki isn't there.

Another thing, I've read posts where people are saying Kaname is selfish. Seriously, what has he done so far that is selfish? All his scheming I find has been for protecting Yuuki, his clan, and the pacifist treaty. He gave blood to Zero (his rival), he told Zero to protect the woman he loves when he could not (now for a guy in love like Kaname, that's saying a lot), and despite his vampire guardians around Kaname does fight his battle alone (ie. Rido) trying his best to protect Yuuki from it.

The one most selfless thing Kaname has been trying to do was let Yuuki live as a human, so as to save her from the tragic fate of a vampire, the horror of her past, and to fulfill his promise to her parents. It must be extremely difficult for him because he knows that this way he may lose her. But because of Rido and circumstances he had to turn her back to a vampire. Although he rejoices that she is now back at his side, I'm sure he feels regret and guilt for having done so. That's why Kaname had such a sad expression during the scene he turned her back.

Some may mistake Kaname's cool, aloof interaction with Yuuki as indication that he doesn't love her as much (hell, some even went so far to think that he's using Yuuki ) but a misunderstanding it is indeed! Kaname avoids revealing his feelings for Yuuki and become anymore intimate because that would raise others suspicion of Yuuki, which may lead to those other vampires uncovering the truth about Yuuki and their past. Kaname's action is all to help keep their past a secret but even then they still suspect - after all, a guy as much in love as Kaname can only be so "cold" to the object of his desire.

Zero needs Yuuki, that we can obviously see, but what has Zero offered Yuuki in return? Kaname also needs Yuuki as the only woman he has ever loved and he has done a good deal for her already.

I'm not saying Zero is bad (I like the guy almost as much as Kaname - just that I want Zero to get his ass in gear and do something about his situation) but I'd just like to say that Kaname has so far been unfairly judged.
That's all I've got to say.
Old 2008-04-20, 05:44   Link #164
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanafan View Post
bravo presage, i like kaname i don't have a problem with him at all, i think he is a good guy looking out for yuuki a lot and tries to get the night class to get along with zero. if anyones a bit cold i think it's zero. he's not as caring to yuuki as kaname is.
About the Zero part, that is not true. Zero hates vampires with passion. He only lives to protect Yuuki from becoming a vampire. Without Yuuki, he would've slit his own wrist a long time ago. Now that she is revealed to be a vampire, a pure blood at that. He gets emo and loses the will to live(as evidenced in the latest chapter). He gets captured and put to prison without any resistance and looks dead.
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 09:56   Link #165
Vinak
Procrastinator

wait wait wait....that Vial Yuuki is drinking from is actually blood?!?

...I thought it was cool aid. XD

lol kidding,

Quote:
Ok .... the piece in front of zero was the knight !! so why did they make him
shoot it ??

as we say zero is the knight ...!! I didn't get it ...

zero pointing a gun at her it's make me remember when Yuuki become a vampire
she did go to see zero but he point the gun at her !!

but still why he shoot the knight piece ??!! X3
perhaps Zero is going to go on some kind of a self destructive streak. He did point his gun at Yuuki after all. and his delayed E status might be a factor.

@Presage.
Bravo to you on your post about Kaname.

when do you guys think 39 is going to be released? 24th like last month?
Old 2008-04-20, 10:26   Link #166
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
About the Zero part, that is not true. Zero hates vampires with passion. He only lives to protect Yuuki from becoming a vampire. Without Yuuki, he would've slit his own wrist a long time ago. Now that she is revealed to be a vampire, a pure blood at that. He gets emo and loses the will to live(as evidenced in the latest chapter). He gets captured and put to prison without any resistance and looks dead.
Well he wasn't exactly "captured"; he accepted it calmly anyway. The guy needs some time to straighten up his own damn mind. >_<. Though I'm sure; maybe next or in a couple of chapters he'll be all "ok, I love yuuki blah blah" and all that. I still think Zero will be the "winner" in the end. I mean; the one whole Yuuki choose. Though I still prefer Kaname. (I just like Kaname lol). That's a bit sad for me.
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 11:21   Link #167
Queeny
<3

@Vinak

Quote:
perhaps Zero is going to go on some kind of a self destructive streak. He did point his gun at Yuuki after all. and his delayed E status might be a factor.
I don't know .. what confuse me more is the manga title : Vampire Knight !!
and she's always focusing on zero ..

that's why all the readers think zero will be the winer and he will confess
in the end to yuuki !! I mean she might also love him more than kanami
if she think about kanami as a brother ...

Yuuki spend more time with zero and she have a crush on kanami because
he was her hero without knowing her past etc ...

so that's what make us think that everything may change ...

that's if :
zero have the courage to confess !! and accept his own fate and find a way
to be stable !!

Yuuki calm down and choose between kanami or zero !!

the new CH may come out at 22 or 24 ..unless they change it !!
Queeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 12:28   Link #168
shashma

I dont think Zero would be the winner. But what a hard choise to make
shashma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 17:26   Link #169
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

How many more days until the next chapter comes out????

Dang, I'm on the edge of my seat here!

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 19:17   Link #170
nadare

2 days... i think.
Old 2008-04-21, 22:24   Link #171
Kaijin
かいじん

Just to announce, in case you aren't browsing the anime thread, it was announced on Moon Phase that Vampire Knight is getting a sequel! Yippee-kay-yae!!!

Last edited by Kaijin; 2008-04-21 at 22:40.
Kaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 22:38   Link #172
nadare

What sequel? Anime or Manga?

The manga hasn't ended yet, how does it get a sequel?
Old 2008-04-21, 22:40   Link #173
Kaijin
かいじん

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
What sequel? Anime or Manga?

The manga hasn't ended yet, how does it get a sequel?
The anime is getting a sequel. I mentioned it here for those who don't go see the anime thread too often, or at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
According to Moonphase Notes last Thursday, one of the producers, Azuma Fukashi of TV Tokyo, said in a mobile-phone column that there will be two separate ~13-ep seasons.
So I may have gotten my hopes up (& spoken too soon) for a 26 ep of season one and then season two following. Too bad, cause there is lots to cover from the manga and at the rate they're going (1 ep = 1 chapter), 26 episodes won't cover much. Ah, well....

Last edited by Kaijin; 2008-04-21 at 23:28.
Kaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 00:00   Link #174
Queeny
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijin View Post
The anime is getting a sequel. I mentioned it here for those who don't go see the anime thread too often, or at all.

So I may have gotten my hopes up (& spoken too soon) for a 26 ep of season one and then season two following. Too bad, cause there is lots to cover from the manga and at the rate they're going (1 ep = 1 chapter), 26 episodes won't cover much. Ah, well....
Yeah I saw it there..

If it's a second season, they might wait till the mangaka finish the manga
So the new season may come at the end of this year or maybe the next year..

It's depend on the mangaka -_-"
Old 2008-04-22, 01:55   Link #175
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

so i reread from 25-38, and i finally get it my second time though. new chapter later today!! woot.

anyways, what do you guys think about Kaname feeding Rido his own blood, so that it sort of comes full circle and he'll be able to kill him now? or if that doesn't work, maybe Yuki will do it. who knows...
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 09:16   Link #176
Vinak
Procrastinator

it would be pretty neat if Yuuki has to do it....but can she?

she had nightmares about his eyes. she might be too scared to get close to him.
Old 2008-04-22, 10:51   Link #177
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

it also came to my mind that since Kaname killed and ate Shizua, perhaps that'd give him some advantage, because you know how Ichiru was like, "our ancestors ate a vampire to gain power" so who knows how that works
Old 2008-04-22, 18:50   Link #178
NEONJE

Your Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queeny View Post
God Bless you XD

I think only 2 days from now till the new CH out .....
Can't wait to know more details X3
Your 100% right... everything you say is true. Kaname has pretty much been a saint. He has sacrificed his own feelings for her perfection. He truly loves her indeed. However, I just don't like it. Maybe it's that messy brown hair or the fact that everyone treats him as a king, but I just don't like him at all.

Zero on the other hand, he's kind of an ass, but I like him much better. I do wish he would get over this hatred of vampires crap. Since the blood pills don't work for him, he should understand the curse (or gift) more than anyone.

If this were an American written story/movie/comic I would say without a doubt that Zero and Yuki are the ones who will ultimately be together. But like so many other Mangas or an Animes, you don't usually get the most desired ending.

On a side note, I watched the 1st episode of the Anime. I wish the art was hand drawn like the Manga. It's computer drawn and a little on the drab side. I think the show lacks the overall intensity of the Manga. A lot of time I like the Anime better than the manga, but not this time. Maybe I'm prejudice since I read the Manga first. I just hope the Anime has an ending. I'm a little tired of this Animes that really have no satisfactory ending at all.

JMG
NEONJE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 19:14   Link #179
Queeny
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEONJE View Post
Your 100% right... everything you say is true. Kaname has pretty much been a saint. He has sacrificed his own feelings for her perfection. He truly loves her indeed. However, I just don't like it. Maybe it's that messy brown hair or the fact that everyone treats him as a king, but I just don't like him at all.

JMG
@@""
ahem .. u got the wrong person ....

cuz PreSage is the one who wrote this about kanami , not me
Old 2008-04-22, 20:07   Link #180
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

well you have to consider that Kaname doesn't want people treating him like a king. its been said many times by other characters (though not from himself, though he knows it) that they obey him and do things for him not because of his lineage, but because they're his friend.

Tags
manga