AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-11, 16:27   Link #16941
Phibrizzo
Honos628

If you consider this, how many strong and built mages are out there? none, the only ones buff enough are basically the saints.

Also consider some magic eat your stamine for breakfast (pedo priest).

Hell even in nasuverse which have one of the most physical fit mages out there don't do this.
Old 2012-03-11, 16:43   Link #16942
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

its true that magicians are quite weak, touma pretty much had 1 hit K.O. a lot of them, but i would like to konow a bout the magician kihara he looked quite buff.
Old 2012-03-11, 17:37   Link #16943
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
its true that magicians are quite weak, touma pretty much had 1 hit K.O. a lot of them, but i would like to konow a bout the magician kihara he looked quite buff.
The only magicians that seemed as "strong" body wise are the ones that use more "physical" means for magic; like most of the knights featured in the series (of which Touma didn't directly faced any, I think).
Old 2012-03-11, 17:39   Link #16944
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I'll clarify.
Othinus's 50:50 of a result of being a Majin. Ollerus, only half way being one, does not have this problem.

The 50:50 is only useful in trying to do something you normally can't succeed at, since you are going to fail anyway, but you have this 50% of making it. But in the case of doing something you normally can achieve, having a 50% failure tag on everything you do is going to be very very annoy, especially if she is working on some grand scheme of thing.

On the other hand, if the Universal Esper power gets completed, the entire Academy City would get flipped upside down. Because with AC's current theory, they won't be able to measure the Universal Esper power.
Say... you take a traditional esper from AC, the said esper can only lit fire up in his hand and is a lv.2 at best.
Now, if you take a Universal Esper who also can only lit fire up in his hand, and would still be treated like a lv.2 by AC.... but that fire is lit up because the law of universe is bent by a wordily scale (as in a fire got lit up as the side effect pf bending the universe), thus the effect produced by a Universal Esper might just be something lv.2-ish, the actual power that is working behind the scene is ridiculously tremendous. And AC who can't probably perceive this fact would simply become outdated.

It is like.... Othinus is now a step ahead of Alister on whatever he is trying to do.
Old 2012-03-11, 17:46   Link #16945
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
I'll clarify.
Othinus's 50:50 of a result of being a Majin. Ollerus, only half way being one, does not have this problem.

The 50:50 is only useful in trying to do something you normally can't succeed at, since you are going to fail anyway, but you have this 50% of making it. But in the case of doing something you normally can achieve, having a 50% failure tag on everything you do is going to be very very annoy, especially if she is working on some grand scheme of thing.
Interesting. You said before that Othinus wants to use Aleister as a research subject, right? Is it because, Aliester, having surpassed the countable world, could help her surpass the 50:50?

To clarify, does the 50:50 affect every single thing she does?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2012-03-11, 17:52   Link #16946
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

For some reason, this whole thing behind the Universal Esper stuff reminds me of the "natural power" Touko uses in Flere's fanfic.

As expected of a member of Crack's Right Seat, he has the power to predict Kamachi's additions to canon.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-03-11, 17:53   Link #16947
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Technically, the sample material Othinus is after is "something that does not affect by current science theory and magic that is within the Windowless Building."
And since only Aliester is inside that building, I believe Alister is who she meant. Unless Alister hide something else in that building too.

As to what extent 50:50 affects Othinus, I won't be able to answer. Base on the ways things are described, it is pretty hard to tell.
Old 2012-03-11, 17:55   Link #16948
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Technically, the sample material Othinus is after is "something that does not affect by current science theory and magic that is within the Windowless Building."
And since only Aliester is inside that building, I believe Alister is who she meant. Unless Alister hide something else in that building too.

As to what extent 50:50 affects Othinus, I won't be able to answer. Base on the ways things are described, it is pretty hard to tell.
Hmm, so is this 'higher position' Aleister vaunted himself to be at to Fiamma what Othinus seeks?

Lol, to think Aleister of all people is now considered as a guinea pig. Karma's a bitch.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-03-11, 17:59   Link #16949
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
To clarify, does the 50:50 affect every single thing she does?
Of course, but that's the case for just about anything anyone ever does.

As I've said and Shmaster just confirms it for me, the only way to see this effect in action is when she attempts an seemingly impossible task, and not a mundane everyday one.
Old 2012-03-11, 18:03   Link #16950
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Of course, but that's the case for just about anything anyone ever does.

As I've said and Shmaster just confirms it for me, the only way to see this effect in action is when she attempts an seemingly impossible task, and not a mundane everyday one.
Rubix will have a field day with this. Imagine if it was for everything.

Can't even pour yourself some juice without spilling it all over the counter - 50/50

Old 2012-03-11, 18:07   Link #16951
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post

Can't even pour yourself some juice without spilling it all over the counter - 50/50
Going to the toilet; success rate 50:50.
Old 2012-03-11, 18:11   Link #16952
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Orgasm; success rate 50:50.

...Hey, not half-bad under the right circumstances.

It's a higher rate that Mikoto will ever get with Touma--

Old 2012-03-11, 18:20   Link #16953
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

*Sees Othinus wants something to do with Esper Powers*
*Leaves Gremlin organization*
That bitch
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2012-03-11, 18:25   Link #16954
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Orgasm; success rate 50:50.

...Hey, not half-bad under the right circumstances.

It's a higher rate that Mikoto will ever get with Touma--

Why am i laughing?
Old 2012-03-11, 18:28   Link #16955
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I believe Raildex has been long overdue for a dojikko chara... With one eye.
Old 2012-03-11, 19:24   Link #16956
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Lemme see,

We got a one eye girl and a woman in a wheelchair.

Nearing Katawa Shoujo levels
Old 2012-03-11, 19:59   Link #16957
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
*taking notes*
Old 2012-03-11, 20:03   Link #16958
mark1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Spoiler:

Strongest loli on fiction, deal with it lolis are OP.
Can you tell me or PM what manga loli girl from, since your saying she the strongest ! LOL
Old 2012-03-11, 20:30   Link #16959
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Its Slayers
Old 2012-03-11, 20:41   Link #16960
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Actually, I think there's a chance that Touma would win against Othinus. He has already fought against Aureolus, whose powers are as close to reality warping as it gets for a magician. However, since it's Odin we're talking about, it's also possible that she has Odin-related magic in her arsenal. There is still a 50% chance that she might fail on every spell she uses, though.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen