AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sora Kake

Notices

Old 2008-12-24, 10:12   Link #81
kyouray
2D > 3D

Some screenshots and chara-design pictures are available on Dengeki Online.
Old 2008-12-24, 10:16   Link #82
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

It seems that in that future world bright colours are very much in fashion.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 10:41   Link #83
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well, if you're drifting off in space after your mech explodes, its a little easier to see and rescue you with bright coloured clothing.

Seeing how clothes of the ancient world is dull compared to the colours of the fashion we have now, it may be possible for colours to get more vibrant in the future.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 20:36   Link #84
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

The MA mode looks great, and when they transform into MS mode, I see a negative creation of the world.

Still, with the loli, I will cling to this show.
Old 2008-12-24, 22:22   Link #85
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Yeah this definitely looks like the usual work of the Hime team, especially the character design for the blond haired woman with glasses. I'm now thinking something along the lines of iDOLM@STER Xenoglossia. Pointlessly moe and in your face about it, with a touch of gar here and there and really unorthodox, but more to the real side robots. Green haired girl is almost certainly an attempt to tap into C.C's latent popularity by merging it with loli.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 23:00   Link #86
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Sometimes I feel like you're being too harsh with this kind of show, aren't you?
After all what you said, you're still the one who give iDOLM@STER Xenoglossia a 6/10, despise all the bad reviews about it.

Maybe you should loose up yourself a little bit with the first impression?
Old 2008-12-25, 04:46   Link #87
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Is it wrong if I think the discussion you people had in this thread about Sunrise and everything else under the sun is more epic than my expectation of this anime? Oh, and I have to agree with Kaioshin on one point (others I won't get into -_-) and that action-oriented "galfests" never seem to hit with me. Ever. Screw Mai-Hime, it sucked. So was Noir, El Cazador somespanishname, and Mme...yeah, that show with yuri and a lot of blood.

*casts flameshield, drinks flame resistance position; and yes, I'm being facetious, fans of said series shouldn't take offense*

The latest link shows pretty character designs though, some of them anyway: the blue-haired one looks interesting, others not so much. The screenshots are pretty and colorful, Code Geass-ish, which is good considering CG's biggest charm really is its glamor; but honestly, that CG is ugly. I have low expectations of the plot or that I will ever like this thing, but hey, it's Sunrise. They did good things and they did bad things.

P.S. What's the deal with the name? It's either a coincidence or clearly a wordplay of the Japanese/original name of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, and the only reason I found this thread; but if it is a wordplay -- how are they related?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 11:38   Link #88
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Sometimes I feel like you're being too harsh with this kind of show, aren't you?
After all what you said, you're still the one who give iDOLM@STER Xenoglossia a 6/10, despise all the bad reviews about it.

Maybe you should loose up yourself a little bit with the first impression?
Well actually a 6/10 is pure mediocore for me and it if wasn't for the late season surge in plot happenings then I'm afraid to admit that it might have score lower. Does anyone remember episode 12 of Code Geass R2? That's kind of what I'm worried about this series being like, only instead of just one episode it'll be the majority devoted to wacky fanservice antics. I mean that's kind of what Xenoglossia was like in a way.

Truth is though that I am pretty loosened up about it, I've decided to give it a preview after all. If all else fails it can be watched as a guilty pleasure. Mecha? Loli? Space colony setting? It is kind of like the ultimate fanservice for me in a way.

I tend to agree with Irenicus that some of the CG shots look too obviously CG, especially the one shot of the car thing in space. Actually the one in the colony doesn't look so bad, but for the other one I can actually make out what look like polygons. Maybe it's just the lighting, or maybe they're going for a cell shaded look. Whatever it is I hope that's not the standard for the series.
Old 2008-12-26, 01:11   Link #89
Westlo
Lets be reality

I might as well post up the CM's in case some people had missed them. CM 1, CM 2 and the latest one.

Sigh at the Ali Project song, liking the look of the Aya Endo character as well as the blue haired one (antagonist?)
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 00:52   Link #90
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I might as well post up the CM's in case some people had missed them. CM 1, CM 2 and the latest one.

Sigh at the Ali Project song, liking the look of the Aya Endo character as well as the blue haired one (antagonist?)
At least it sounds sort of different for the first little bit there. You could almost swear they actually tried to make this one sound a little bit less like all the others. Then again we haven't heard the full version yet.
Old 2008-12-27, 05:23   Link #91
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

HQ scans, a few already seen in lower resolutions, mostly new.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2008-12-27 at 06:55.
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 06:54   Link #92
Aurelia aurita
???

Since Pellissier posted those already, I might as well upload the last one.

The only thing that sounds interesting to me is Nanri Yuuka. I'm also kind of curious about the character designer, Yoshizumi Kazuyuki. Does anyone know anything about him? I think he does game graphics, but I don't recognize any of the games listed on his website's profile. It also looks like he did some art for the Mana Khemia series of video games, and was perhaps the character designer, but again, my Google-fu is failing me here. I was kind of surprised after Sunrise chose two relatively high-profile designers (Clamp and Kouga Yun) for their previous two original series, that they'd go and pick a low-key guy like Yoshizumi.

Last edited by Aurelia aurita; 2008-12-27 at 12:09.
Aurelia aurita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 09:16   Link #93
PzIVf3

Strange mecha walker design but I like it i want something different rather than humanoid design. You guys are very good on researching new series.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 20:32   Link #94
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I thought of Appleseed or the oooold Namco game Cybersled when I saw the mecha design. I am liking them.
I usually like only three mecha types, the armored suits, like in the manga Red Eyes, the Valkyries and the walkers or Tachikoma.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 03:13   Link #95
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

The mecha walkers give off a bit of a Front Mission vibe. Of course if you want to talk walkers then the one to top in both bizarreness and raw efficiency is a certain Walker Gellier and the only way to do that is to have this thing throw a colony.
Old 2009-01-05, 16:35   Link #96
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ooh... You were here, Zero! Zero~, Zero~, Zero~

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2009-01-05 at 16:48.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 18:15   Link #97
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Ooh... You were here, Zero! Zero~, Zero~, Zero~

Spoiler for ep1:
So are we talking good gag as in Overman King Gainer, Metal Armor Dragonar and Martian Successor Nadeisco or bad gag as in.......I don't know, Gear Fighter Dendoh, Xabungle Grafitti and iDOLM@STER Xenoglossia. Also I had this strange feeling the other night that this show might be one of those types that hangs on the cusp of being a kids show and a younger adults show. Does it give off that sort of vibe like it can't decide on it's target age demographic?
Old 2009-01-05, 18:28   Link #98
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Yeah that was... weird.

Leopard's not a megalomanical AI, he's closer to a irreverant harem lead. Or like... KKN's Greed King or Akikan's Kakeru. It's... weird. Wasn't really a huge fan either though.
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 18:40   Link #99
Midonin
Last Engage

So that makes two shows this season with Fukuyama acting like a goofball. Excellent.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 19:03   Link #100
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Also, sippy cups.

Spoiler for size
Spoiler:
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shoujo, shoujou, shounen, sunrise