AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-04, 16:52   Link #281
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTheMatthias View Post
Hrm, as much as I like the whole streaming idea, I would still like to see it in Japanese with subs. Does anyone know who's fansubbing the series yet? I'm surprised I haven't seen a post on this yet... or is it against the rules to talk about it for a licensed series or something?
Good point, Asuki's strict on licenced stuff, so we can't request nor really ask anymore.
Naturally when it's licenced, we 'officially' have to keep hush hush about it here, I guess the entire FMA forum will get tossed into the 'licenced' section, which i've never visited before, so I'm not sure how things work in there.
Just keep tabs on the usual BT places and see what daring, rebel group decides to go risk a C&D from Funi to release a sub version for what... at least another round of 52 eps.
(maybe we'll get the breakfast cutlery set again like back in '05 )

The others can wait a few days after airing via stream, so I guess it will still be discussed to a degree on this website....
As for proxy servers RisArk, if there's a thread for that with explainations in the Tech form, do divert us there, I'd be curious too to see how i can get past IP blocking

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Old 2009-04-04, 17:41   Link #282
Charred Knight

Fulmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood was already liscensed by Funimation in America and several other companies throughout the world (the one I remember is that Madman has it in Australia.)

The only change between a liscensed series, and an unliscensed series with anime that has its own forum is simply that a thread appears warning not to ask about where you can get a liscensed series.
Old 2009-04-04, 18:53   Link #283
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Well it definitely looks like this second FMA series will in fact be focused on Ed and Al Elric, I feared for the worst when a co-worker had told me that it was supposedly going to be about two different alchemists that effect the world just as or more than the Elrics. I'm glad now to see that was just a silly rumor
Old 2009-04-04, 21:50   Link #284
ItsTheMatthias

I've just written a new blog post with a ton of information on Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I know a lot of you already know the information in there, but this will definitely help new comers and those who are confused on where to watch it. I included a lot of times and locations on where you can watch Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood legally on the post as well.

Here's the link if you're interested in reading it:
http://mattlean.wordpress.com/2009/0...t-brotherhood/
Old 2009-04-05, 00:14   Link #285
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTheMatthias View Post
I've just written a new blog post with a ton of information on Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I know a lot of you already know the information in there, but this will definitely help new comers and those who are confused on where to watch it. I included a lot of times and locations on where you can watch Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood legally on the post as well.

Here's the link if you're interested in reading it:
http://mattlean.wordpress.com/2009/0...t-brotherhood/
Great link. Thanks!

well, now that I know it'll probably repeat some things at the beginning of the anime, I might wait a while before watching an episode.

hard to fight the temptation though.
Old 2009-04-05, 00:27   Link #286
ItsTheMatthias

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
Great link. Thanks!

well, now that I know it'll probably repeat some things at the beginning of the anime, I might wait a while before watching an episode.

hard to fight the temptation though.
No problem! But I didn't say things would be exactly repeated (although that might happen). People are actually speculating that the first episode or so will actually be totally different from the first anime series and the manga with the introduction of Isaac into the plot. We'll have to wait and see though.
Old 2009-04-05, 00:30   Link #287
blewin

really? That'd be great if the 1st episode is different. After all, for all those who have seen the 1st anime adaptation, we'll have to sit through a number of episodes again to see the older Edward come onto the screen!

any news on how long this series will run for?
Old 2009-04-05, 00:40   Link #288
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I'd be surprised if Isaac is around for more than a couple episodes. I think he's just some character meant to allow us to see the main characters in action and such unless information has stated otherwise.

Given that they have said this will be a adaptation of the manga, I can't think there would be much in the way of differences from it aside from perhaps not showing some events though I am somewhat worried about this since many of those early things are touched upon once again. This is the problem with having another series when the first actually followed the manga for part of the series.

I'm thinking 50-51 episodes for the series myself and I think there is enough material.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2009-04-05, 00:48   Link #289
ItsTheMatthias

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
really? That'd be great if the 1st episode is different. After all, for all those who have seen the 1st anime adaptation, we'll have to sit through a number of episodes again to see the older Edward come onto the screen!

any news on how long this series will run for?
Well, if they follow the manga, Ed should already be grown up with an alchemist license in episode one. All of that growing up stuff isn't in the manga and was more of an anime-exclusive. The only thing that is really shown in detail when Ed and Al are kids is when they lose their bodies and go through the State Alchemist exam. There's no Majahal or whatever with the puppet girls or things like that. In fact I think the whole plot arc with Rose is a lot shorter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I'd be surprised if Isaac is around for more than a couple episodes. I think he's just some character meant to allow us to see the main characters in action and such unless information has stated otherwise.

Given that they have said this will be a adaptation of the manga, I can't think there would be much in the way of differences from it aside from perhaps not showing some events though I am somewhat worried about this since many of those early things are touched upon once again. This is the problem with having another series when the first actually followed the manga for part of the series.

I'm thinking 50-51 episodes for the series myself and I think there is enough material.
Yeah, a lot of people have been saying that already. I think it's true since in the promo it shows a slow close up of Ed's right automail arm... so I'm guessing everyone's speculation is right.
Old 2009-04-05, 02:11   Link #290
Jarmel

Isaac is a perfect lead-in to Scar as he is old enough to have fought in the Ishbal War. This way Scar can kill Isaac and get rid of him while still keeping the flow of the manga. It can also work as an introduction arc. Only problem is I'm going to miss Rose.
Old 2009-04-05, 03:02   Link #291
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Spoiler for Manga spoilers concerning Rose:

And that could be a good way to introduce Scar.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2009-04-07, 23:34   Link #292
azndragon4k

does licensed mean it will get dubbed?
Old 2009-04-08, 00:53   Link #293
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by azndragon4k View Post
does licensed mean it will get dubbed?
Yes, Funimation is really hyping it up, and considers it the biggest anime of the year.
Old 2009-04-11, 14:11   Link #294
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

WTB Romance between Winry and Ed.
Old 2009-04-11, 14:33   Link #295
Charred Knight

What the hell did you just say

What does WTB mean?
Old 2009-04-11, 19:08   Link #296
Judge Bao
Environmental Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
What the hell did you just say

What does WTB mean?
WTB: Want To Buy?
Old 2009-04-11, 20:21   Link #297
Charred Knight

Want to buy Romance between Ed and Winry?

That still makes no sense
Old 2009-04-11, 22:00   Link #298
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

WTB: What the Beep?

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2009-04-13, 16:50   Link #299
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

WTB is mmo terminology for want to buy. people also commonly use it just to say they want something. clearly you guys aren't nerdy enough

anyways, who doesn't want more Winry x Ed action? from what i hear, it plays a more prominent role in the manga, thus it'll be larger in the new anime.
Old 2009-04-14, 05:54   Link #300
KaoruLia

Yes, more EdWin will be great! I'm already seeing little bits of it in the 2nd episode -- 'machine geek' and Winry asking Al if Ed will leave Risembool after his State Exam.
Closed Thread