AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-17, 18:46   Link #41
marvelB

Hahaha.... wow, that color spread is awesome. I'm actually a bit surprised that Inazuma's not black and white, but I think the colors still suit him pretty well nonetheless. Still, it's pretty rare to see a color spread without the entire Straw-Hat crew present.... I guess it really IS going to be a good while before they come back to the main story......

Anyway, I checked out the full summary for the chapter. It turns out that Magellan's "Hell's Judgement" attack (which looks INSANE, by the way) is an acidic type of poison (in fact, he calls it something like a "giant toxic warrior"), so needless to say, Mr. 3's wax upgrades are useless against him. Also, out at sea, Jinbei further messes with the marines by getting their gunpowder all wet. He then calls Luffy via the denden mushi and says that everyone should jump out at sea so he can fetch them. Interestingly enough, Luffy was the one who gave Iva the idea of Death Winking everyone onto Jinbei's whale shark buddies, heh.

Anyway, even though everyone escaped, I still doubt that Magellan's done with them yet. He brought out his ultimate weapon, and going by shonen logic, that would mean that the poison man's going to go down pretty soon. So maybe he'll pursue Luffy and co. with Venom Road and end up taking the final stretch of the battle out to sea......
Old 2009-06-17, 19:32   Link #42
james0246

Well it seems that Magellan can use Acid attacks (I guess the speculation that Shiryu possibly having acid powers has now been disproven). So, I guess Luffy is going to have to come up with some sort of Buffer Solution to comabt Magellan, now .
Old 2009-06-17, 19:45   Link #43
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Aquaman is from DC, not Marvel. However, Marvel does have The Submariner, who is basically their version of Aquaman. .
Ah that's right,, Namor is Marvel.....
Old 2009-06-17, 21:22   Link #44
Rainbowman

I'll repeat 2 of my 6 comments from my last post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by game2007
According to the new colorspread, we have our all new crew members for the SH Pirates!

There's a colorspread? I hope the mini-story hasn't been delayed becuase of it. And who are the new members?

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246
Inazuma has Orange hair? Was that always the case and I simply never noticed?

Which side of Inazuma's hair is actually orange?
Old 2009-06-17, 22:02   Link #45
james0246

^The left side of Inazuma's hair is orange, the right side black.

edit: damn this is the second time in this thread I wrote "black" when I meant "white"...LOL, I must be developing a tic .

Last edited by james0246; 2009-06-17 at 23:41.
Old 2009-06-17, 22:18   Link #46
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^The left side of Inazuma's hair is orange, the right side black.
Sounds like Inazuma has a halloween motif. At any rate someone said that this colorspread had new members for the SH crew. Who are they?
Old 2009-06-17, 22:52   Link #47
ellifeedn
Thinker

The person was talking about the important/named people in the jail break-out group (Luffy, Inazuma, Crocodile, Mr. 3, etc.).
Old 2009-06-17, 23:32   Link #48
game2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Sounds like Inazuma has a halloween motif. At any rate someone said that this colorspread had new members for the SH crew. Who are they?
Have you seen the spoiler pics? Anyway, it's just a colorspread like always and not like the mini-stories are cancelled. It shows Luffy with Crocodile, Jinbei, Ivankov, Inazuma, Mr. 1, Mr. 2, Mr. 3, and Buggy dressed as samurais and enjoying.

And Inazuma is actually white and orange, not black and orange.
Old 2009-06-17, 23:49   Link #49
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by game2007 View Post
Have you seen the spoiler pics? Anyway, it's just a colorspread like always and not like the mini-stories are cancelled. It shows Luffy with Crocodile, Jinbei, Ivankov, Inazuma, Mr. 1, Mr. 2, Mr. 3, and Buggy dressed as samurais and enjoying.
Then there may NOT have been new members of the SH crew seeing as the rest of the crew have not yet been reunited. And here I was thinking we would have the newest members complete the entire crew.

< "THANKS FOR THE FALSE ALARM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by game2007 View Post
And Inazuma is actually white and orange, not black and orange.
In this case Inazuma is much like vanilla ice cream and orange sherbert.

< "Yum Yum."
Old 2009-06-18, 00:43   Link #50
Rageaholic01
Kaizoku

Amidst te discussion of the ministories, I just wanted to ask about the Strawhat Crew. We've seen that each character will get 2 chapters to themselves until they are effectively reunited with Luffy. It's just odd that though Robin's story had a conclusion (kinda), Sanji's was left up in the air as we still don't know how he will return. So does anyone know of Oda's planned schedule? Is he going to have a few weeks of ministories where the group eventually regather and then find Luffy, or will they regather in the main story arc and just flashback?
Old 2009-06-18, 01:10   Link #51
james0246

^Your guess is as good as any of ours. We are not even sure if Oda is going to keep the 2 cover length for all the splash page mini-stories (for instance, I would expect Zoro's to be far longer than 2 covers, in fact he might even still get a chapter). As to when everyone will get back together...who knows. It could be on the upcoming battlefield (unlikely), it could be sometime directly after the battlefield (possibly), maybe Luffy will even have to get his ship and then go to their individual locations. Right now, nothing is known of the future besides the fact that Whitbeard is about to attack the World Government. Anything else is simply up in the air.
Old 2009-06-18, 02:24   Link #52
Z. Kensei
Kensei??

Awesome. Nice to see Iva and Inazuma back.
Old 2009-06-18, 05:58   Link #53
andy

Any way if this arc is done i do like the way how magellan did not lose in fight . But we still have to wait and see how things go .
Old 2009-06-18, 07:21   Link #54
syler321

i think if luffy will go to marine Hq he will meet kuma there,and maybe dragon will come also after the Wb and Wg do there thing,maybe kuma will bring all of the straw hats back since he is the only one who knows where they are,or maybe he will tell luffy...

i dont think luffy will find a ship and start traveling by him self to find his crew,without nami as a navigator also...
Old 2009-06-18, 07:42   Link #55
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
I wonder if Magellan can make a more acidic poison to dissolve the wax? I mean he can't go down THAT easily.
Well this chapter pretty much went down how I expected it to, with the exception of how the gang was going to escape.
Old 2009-06-18, 07:55   Link #56
Talendra

We knew all along that Magellan was able to use acidic poison, back from ch. 534, so thats not a big surprise. I find it far more intresting, that Hells Judgement has such a infectious nature, which is (imo) far more dangerous than it's acidic capacity.

I wonder if Magellans poison is potent enough to utilize the ocean to his advandtage, e.g. by spreading the poison much more / increasing his range (given he can follow the escapees promptly, but thats kind of expected, isnt it?).

I find it also noteworthy, that, while Iva is back on his feet after being poisoned, Ina stil hasnt recovered... so it seems Magellans "speed dealing" wasnt as weak as some people insisted on.
Old 2009-06-18, 08:44   Link #57
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Magellan may be able to hover above the ocean on venom road and follow them, but that seems like suicide, because of Jimbei now being in his natural setting.
Old 2009-06-18, 11:11   Link #58
Prestige

Nice chapter indeed,

I predicted that Jimbei would summon his aquatic friends for transport and I was partially right there though it was pretty logical after all.

Magellan is freakin monster, I wonder can even sea stop him, Hells Judgement is horrible strong and dangerous attack and I wonder what will happent to people who are left inside at Impel Down.

I think this chapter concluded Impel Down arc or we will have few chapters to see what Blackbeards aims are, Magellan might feel discraced and he can possibly attempt to pursue Luffy to finish his job.

Crocodile is simply awesome now, I hope he wont betray Luffy so soon because I really enjoy him fighting alongside Luffy.

Oda has good chance to spare few chapters for other Strawhats while Luffy is travelling to Marineford where everything will explode at our faces.

Oh did you guys noticed that PANDAMAN had cameo role in this chapter and TWICE! Pandaman rocks.
Old 2009-06-18, 11:14   Link #59
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Crocodile is simply awesome now, I hope he wont betray Luffy so soon because I really enjoy him fighting alongside Luffy.
We didn't really see him fighting much tbh. His fighting style is awesome though.

btw does anyone still see him being on par with Luffy at this point in the manga? Cos I've been reading some pretty ridiculous things elsewhere (ie arlong park), lots of ppl saying how Croc is one of the strongest characters in the OP world, being on par or even surpassing Luffy. Thats bs. IMO hes probably the weakest shichibukai, and he was defeated early on in the manga. Compare him with Kizaru, Kuma or even Magellan and we can clearly see that he is not on the same level as the others.
Old 2009-06-18, 11:17   Link #60
marvelB

Getting a better look at the color spread now, I find it pretty amusing that Mr. 3's playing a shamisen. Gotta love Buggy flashing things up as usual, too. Oh, and even though the rest of Luffy's crew aren't in the spread, they ARE on the Jump cover, so no big loss there, I suppose.....

Anyways, it looks like Hell's Judgement isn't actually acidic, but it spreads VERY quickly through just about anything (amusingly enough, Magellan's poison "demon" actually mimics his poses, heh ). Also, while Iva and Inazuma have managed to return, they still haven't recovered from the poison..... apparently, Iva grabbed his partner and winked his way up to the main entrance from level 3. I think that's a pretty good testament to the okama king's strength right there......

Anyhow, Magellan's as much of a beast as ever: He managed to block Luffy's Gear 3 attack with his poison. I'm much more curious to see how he'll be handled now that everyone's escaped. IMO, it would sorta be a waste for him to get OHKO'd by Blackbeard or Shiryuu or whatever after all the effort Luffy and co. went through to stop him. Furthermore, he seemed quite determined to stop Luffy, so I still think that he might chase them at sea. Maybe he can use Venom Road to hitch a ride on one of Jinbei's whale sharks......
Closed Thread