AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Nisemonogatari - Episode 01 Rating
Perfect 10 70 41.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 46 27.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 17.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 8.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 2.98%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.60%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.60%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.60%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-01-08, 13:28   Link #101
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

oh sh*t I never realized that Hachikuji was so reliable and cute. . .

I completely forgot about the first part (which is supposed to be my favourite) thanks to Her

Last edited by articuzwolf; 2012-01-08 at 14:03.
articuzwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 13:37   Link #102
Candyshark

Well this episode has plenty of throwback to original. Like photo art and film rolling which reminded the scene where Koyomi leads Hitagi to Oshino in first episode. Her "extreme" love declaration is paralleled with her saying she should be the only one who kills him. It is that Bake had such strong opening scenes Hanekawa's underwear (yes the pervert in me was quite delighted!), an angel .. err Hitagi falling from the sky. Gods, vampires, exorcism, serious life burdens. In comparision Nise does have weaker entree. Newcommers most likely see a lolicon molester and wall of text.

Wonder how long will it take them to say the reason behind Hitagi's actions?

btw the cream pie things completely flew over my head what is so "crazy" about it?
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 14:24   Link #103
Shingai-san

Uhh... I'm not sure how I'm supposed to explain this so. Here's a wikipedia link http://goo.gl/wr3aD So as you can see a "creampie" shooting out from under her skirt is kind of.

Ararararagi
Shingai-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 14:35   Link #104
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I'm really just hear to ask one question for clarification, what is this face and where is it from? I know I've seen it in a lot of other anime and its' some sort of popular picture meme in Japan. If I recall somebody once mentioned it was some sort of mascot for a candy, but I just can't remember since it's some obscure brand in Japan. I believe I saw this face somewhere in K-On a few times, but honestly it could have been any show cause I know it pops up frequently.

So yeah somebody here knows what this is I'm sure and I'll love it if they'd fill me in again.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 14:39   Link #105
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

One thing I didn't mention in my previous post because it was like 2AM at the time: I really how the relationship between Araragi and his sisters is being handled. I think I subconsciously suspected this was going to be the case from the trailer, but this episode crystallized it for me.

And I think those of you thinking he treats Mayoi as a surrogate little sister ti roughhouse with are on to something. Hell, his concern about her going away pretty much parallels his sister's concern that they're drifting apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
This scene was supposed to take place at Araragi's house. The reason Nadeko invited him to her house was because he just invited her to his so she could meet Tsukihi again.
Thanks for pointing this out... I'd actually forgotten that Nadeko and Tsuhiki hadn't seen each other in a long time. And Tsuhiki's support for Nadeko is kind of cute, I'm not sure how many little sisters with a relationship like Tsuhiki has with Koyomi would support a friend crushing on their older brother. Seems like it would require swallowing some pride and accepting that he actually has some positive traits.

I do have to note that Araragi seems a bit oblivious to Nadeko's crush on him. In season one I wondered if he realized it and simply was pretending not to notice so as not to give her false hopes, but his actions here aren't really consistent with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgrnbluylw View Post
One piece of criticism though, but not anything major. Personally, I like how the premise of the story was set up in Bake better than Nise. Bake started off with a mysterious sort of vibe, with a touch of comedy, but it seems the other way around in this second season. The main thing I don't like about this is that people who haven't read the novel (like me) wouldn't really know where the story is going from here. Sure Araragi doesn't know if he should tell his family about him being part vampire, and he's going to Nadeko's house, but what's really going on here? On top of that there was no preview for the next episode. I guess only time will tell what's in store for these guys (girls).
Point, although as a returning fan I can't say it bugged me. I'm just enjoying the comedic character reintroductions and expecting that we'll get drama similar to that in season one later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
For me at least, I want Araragi to give Hachikuji Treatment to Nadeko, because I'm getting annoyed with her playing the shy surface but subtle aggressive card.
Shy surface makes it sound like she's faking being shy. I've always read her as a really shy girl trying to be more aggressive so she can win her really big crush. Perhaps with a little bit of closet exhibitionist thrown in. She's adorable.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 14:46   Link #106
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
I do have to note that Araragi seems a bit oblivious to Nadeko's crush on him. In season one I wondered if he realized it and simply was pretending not to notice so as not to give her false hopes, but his actions here aren't really consistent with that.
I'd like to say that he treats her like a sister, but Araragi doesn't really treat his sisters like sisters either.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 14:54   Link #107
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I'm really just hear to ask one question for clarification, what is this face and where is it from? I know I've seen it in a lot of other anime and its' some sort of popular picture meme in Japan. If I recall somebody once mentioned it was some sort of mascot for a candy, but I just can't remember since it's some obscure brand in Japan. I believe I saw this face somewhere in K-On a few times, but honestly it could have been any show cause I know it pops up frequently.

So yeah somebody here knows what this is I'm sure and I'll love it if they'd fill me in again.
There's no hotlinking allowed so your link comes up dead for me, but with the information you provided, I can only recall one reference that appeared both here and in K-ON.

Would this Peko-chan Milky Candy be what you're looking for? If not, hopefully I can get a hold of the linked picture so I can figure it out.
Old 2012-01-08, 14:58   Link #108
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
There's no hotlinking allowed so your link comes up dead for me, but with the information you provided, I can only recall one reference that appeared both here and in K-ON.

Would this Peko-chan Milky Candy be what you're looking for? If not, hopefully I can get a hold of the linked picture so I can figure it out.
That's the one.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 15:42   Link #109
Candyshark

So Mayoi "creamed" him so that IS crazy.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 15:45   Link #110
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
That's the one.
Ah, good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
So Mayoi "creamed" him so that IS crazy.
Yeah, I'm not surprised, but it's funny to see Japanese animation privy to our version of dirty thoughts. xD
Old 2012-01-08, 18:34   Link #111
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

omfg, Shaft. Didn't even notice.

Spoiler:
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 19:17   Link #112
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Wonderful, wonderful first episode!

It's great to see them all together again. Hachikuji surprised me in this episode; she seemed wise beyond her years.

And, Senjougahara still rather batshit crazy. <3

I can't wait to see the other sister. His youngest sister is rather cute. The animation, art style and music still top notch.
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 19:31   Link #113
com_gwp

Episode 1 of Nothinghappensgatari. NOTHING HAPPENS.

Seriously, is it me or is shaft really tripping up the shaft levels this time? Bakemonogatari cannot compare to this. That Arararagi house, my god. So minimalistic they cut the budget spending in half. But what I wouldn't give to live in that glorious place.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 19:34   Link #114
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

They'll obviously add more shiet in that house once the BD/DVD rolls out. They did it with Puella Magi rofl.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 19:37   Link #115
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post

Seriously, is it me or is shaft really tripping up the shaft levels this time? That Arararagi house, my god. So minimalistic they cut the budget in half. But what I wouldn't give to live in that glorious house.
Episode 1 of That'sthepointofitgatari. That's the point of it.

The glory of the Monogatari series has been the fact that a majority of the excitement and development comes from the interaction and speech between the characters. It's certainly not everyone's cup of tea, but I felt that with conversations between Senjougahara, Tsukihi, Sengoku and even Hachikuji in the very first episode, it was 4 times the amount of awesome for me.

I did find it funny how this segment is supposed to be under the "Karen Bee" title, yet we never saw Karen appear. They did do something similar with a portion of the Tsubasa Cat segment as well, so it's not anything I'm actually worried about.
Old 2012-01-08, 19:50   Link #116
Dop
Mmmm....

Oh lord, it's been a long time, but now we're back, and I love it!

I did like that the pictures in Araragi's household had that Gekidan Inu Curry style. Then again the whole show was full of little 'shout-outs'.

Definitely one of my most awaited shows of the season, if not the whole year!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 19:50   Link #117
com_gwp

I get it, never said I wasn't entertained. Still, nothing happened. So much for a monogatari, eh?

Also, Shuraragi gets an insta nomination for MC of the year 2012 for jumping Hachikuji in the most original way possible.

Edit: Here's a more....eh...serious, review of episode 1. On one hand, I can't say I wasn't entertained. On the other hand, I can point out so many flaws in this first episode of Nisemonogatari. Every problem I had with bakemonogatari is back here in full force and more defined than ever, yet these are also the show's strongest points.

The minimalistic and hypermodern art (shaft's signature style) still looks crazy good as a testament to the studio's design aesthetics, but makes the show feel emptier than ever, especially when you consider the resulting lack of proper animated scenes. The writer's style in conversation and character interactions still has the same witty charm and chemistry, but barely help to purposefully advance the story in any way and chooses to instead wallow in beating around the bush. Also, we've seen many shows in the last 2 years adopting a similar design/writing style, and this would probably continue into the future, making the whole thing feel even more beaten.

Bakemonogatari was an original, exciting project for its time, but Nisemonogatari is now one in a dozen. I'm entertained, but the shows needs to do more if it wants me to get excited for it.

Last edited by com_gwp; 2012-01-08 at 20:10.
Old 2012-01-08, 20:15   Link #118
Iron Maw
Banned

Thing over the some of events from the previous series, why doesn't Araragi ask Shinobu for help in him freeing him anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post

Seriously, is it me or is shaft really tripping up the shaft levels this time? Bakemonogatari cannot compare to this. That Arararagi house, my god. So minimalistic they cut the budget spending in half. But what I wouldn't give to live in that glorious place.
Even with crazy random ladders that lead to nowhere?
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 20:17   Link #119
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Recycled from Maria Holic OP

Last edited by zarqu; 2012-01-08 at 20:47.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 20:19   Link #120
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
That, my friend, is ART.

Seriously, Aragi's house can be a damn case study in contemporary and minimalism interior design.