AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-01-24, 21:47   Link #561
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Forgot Vita and Reinforce (if you will keep her alive).

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
Heh a good writer is not afraid of imperfections.
Afraid of too much imperfections.
Old 2012-01-25, 10:48   Link #562
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
...*most* people will obviously not count Yuuno in the harem.
Or make it into a crossover and leave him foreveralone or something.

Since fraggle, Heroslayer, Old_Iron, Trooper1023, and Nanya are the only authors I know that want Yuuno to have anyone or be anyone's.
Oh, and *maybe* Epsilon Zeta and F91. But those two don't tend to do it, so... ^^;
... Hello?

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 11:07   Link #563
Lycodrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
... Hello?
...don't know of anything you've written, so if you have, sorry? ^^;
Old 2012-01-25, 12:38   Link #564
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Old_Iron
Quote:
...don't know of anything you've written, so if you have, sorry? ^^;
WarpObscura is the first, so far as I know, author to have touched on and brought to light the possibility and glory that is Yuuno/Reinforce Eins.

On other ideas, while I have a short time before class starts...

Consider this cracky concept: There exist familiars in this world... Often crafted from the very mana saturating the universe, often summoned from another plane. Some are even the transplanted soul of another being into a construct.

Yuuno Scrya has determined he requires far more help than he has available to him in the Infinity Library. Thus, he deems it necessary to call forth a familiar to aid him. He did not expect what he received.

"We, the Seven Sisters of Purgatory shall serve you now and forever as your loyal furniture, Master."
Old 2012-01-25, 12:57   Link #565
Lycodrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Iron View Post
WarpObscura is the first, so far as I know, author to have touched on and brought to light the possibility and glory that is Yuuno/Reinforce Eins.

On other ideas, while I have a short time before class starts...

Consider this cracky concept: There exist familiars in this world... Often crafted from the very mana saturating the universe, often summoned from another plane. Some are even the transplanted soul of another being into a construct.

Yuuno Scrya has determined he requires far more help than he has available to him in the Infinity Library. Thus, he deems it necessary to call forth a familiar to aid him. He did not expect what he received.

"We, the Seven Sisters of Purgatory shall serve you now and forever as your loyal furniture, Master."
Like I said, sorry if I hadn't heard of his fanfics before.

...well, the Sisters certainly would be an interesting match for him. *nods*
Old 2012-01-25, 13:22   Link #566
Sunder the Gold

Accidentally getting a girlfriend by creating a familiar/Device to serve as the Infinite Library's index and search program sounds like a better idea.

So long as the result is not A Certain Magical Index, because that would be squicky. Unless Yuuno manages this feat while he's not much older than she herself appears, but that doesn't seem likely.

In any case Lycodrake, I'd like to be included in that YuunoXAnyone list, for whenever I get that far.

If I ever find it within myself to write and finish another fanfic.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 13:41   Link #567
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Anyone following the Side Dish continuity may remember me throwing not only the three Materials at him, but also the original three aces.

I also did a blurb with Yuuno being a Professor-Archaeologist, going on digs and adventures with his students of strange names (like Al Azif and Unaussprechlichen Kulten).

Their first investigation: the formerly lost land of Carcosa.

I do like the idea of the Seven Stakes helping Yuuno, though.

EDIT: I am still supporting YuunoXGinga. Because it'd be funny.
Old 2012-01-25, 13:53   Link #568
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I think the only YuunoxAces/Materials harem mention in Side Dish was in the Side Dish stories for Nanya's Due fic.
Old 2012-01-25, 14:46   Link #569
Lycodrake

@Sunder: Well, I know you're a fan of it...but I was mentioning the authors that I know who've written it.

@Tempy and RS: Alright then. I'll have to check out the rest of the Side Dishes stuff...
Old 2012-01-25, 22:35   Link #570
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Like I said, sorry if I hadn't heard of his fanfics before.

...well, the Sisters certainly would be an interesting match for him. *nods*
Naw, I know I'm hardly a prolific writer, so you might not have noticed.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 23:56   Link #571
rxrx

Cross over with Fate/Stay Night is good. We can have Shirou, a man chasing after a unarchievable and borrowed dream fighting against Nanoha whom believed that violence can solve anything argue with each other and the end resulting in Shirou dying instead of being befriended due to his stubborn nature.

This fits as I remembered some offical materials said that Emiya died being betrayed by people he have saved, so it can be written as he saved Nanoha and friends, but they belived that he is causing more harm than good and thus betrayed his trust and led to the confrontation where he died. It would be fun to read.
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 00:33   Link #572
Sunder the Gold

There's a FSN/MGLN crossover at The Beast's Lair forum. With Shirou being the same age as Nanoha when the Jewel Seeds arrive.

http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...oha-Crossover)
Old 2012-01-26, 00:40   Link #573
rxrx

I know about that and I'm loving it. Just thought about how fun it would be if it was Nanoha that resulted in the death of Shirou that is.
Old 2012-01-26, 01:30   Link #574
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
I know about that and I'm loving it.
I was rather turned off by the time-skip omakes where Shirou gets the three Aces as a harem even before the Grail War, when he might end up with his traditional harem, too.

Except for Rin, who is shipped with Yuuno for... some reason. Maybe the author just doesn't like her as much as Saber.

A training exercise omake set in the future, based on The Aces and the Maze doujin, in which Yuuno is the butt of the jokes and Shirou is practically the Old Spice Guy, was the final nail.

That's what inspired me to start writing The Maze one-shots for the other characters, starting with Chrono. Yuuno's chapter never got off the ground, though, and I just gave up.

Of course, this also coincided with my desire to avoid the Fanfic part of The Beast's Lair for a while, so it's not entirely about that fanfic. It was also about just wanting to go read something else for a while.

I intend to start reading it again sometime soon, though I dread where it's gone in the meantime.
Old 2012-01-26, 01:34   Link #575
rxrx

Strange. The story's writer is planning to have Yunno playing a big part and not butt monkey which is soemthing I though you would like. Sure, most make Yunno butt monkey, but not all. Besides, the writer himself have not decided on the harem as the snips are not written by him. Who knows how it will turn out. In my opinion, people hate Shirou more than Yunno so I don't see why the guy shouldn't be given more love.
Old 2012-01-26, 01:51   Link #576
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
Strange. The story's writer is planning to have Yunno playing a big part and not butt monkey which is soemthing I though you would like. Sure, most make Yunno butt monkey, but not all. Besides, the writer himself have not decided on the harem as the snips are not written by him. Who knows how it will turn out. In my opinion, people hate Shirou more than Yunno so I don't see why the guy shouldn't be given more love.
Like I said, I stopped reading primarily because I needed to take a break from that website and Type Moon for a while.

As for the fic itself, it was the omake more than the story that annoyed me. The story itself is great... though it seemed like the omake was the point it was driving towards.
Old 2012-01-26, 06:50   Link #577
Lycodrake

I'm not sure what to say on the subject of the two Nasuverse/Nanoha-verse crossovers on Beast's Lair. I like them quite a bit...but I'm not quite sure why you dislike them or gave up on them, Sunder.
Old 2012-01-26, 07:26   Link #578
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Try the Fate/Night Sky. It's alot more better F/SNxMGLN than Mahou Senki: Lyrical Days when it comes to the storyline. IMO...

Can't wait for it to update to see if Rin managed to drain her fortune on those gem familiars while the rest uses much more COST-effective means in terms on currency....
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 15:27   Link #579
Sunder the Gold

So, if you wanted to make a Super Robot Wars game featuring the Nanoha cast, what stats and abilities would they all have?

Things like Spirits and Attack/Defense support, and the like.
Old 2012-01-30, 16:17   Link #580
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Nanoha would be Super type with Guard/Strike/Valor/Snipe/Fury/Guts.

Fate would be Real type with Accel/Focus/Mercy/Soul/Zeal/Assault(?)

Hayate would be the squishy with the MAP attacks with Sense/Soul/Luck/Either Love or Bravery possibly Love/ and I can't think on the other two.

Analyzing the wolken laterish.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote