AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-07, 07:17   Link #1
Katapan
俺様祭り

Usagi Drop

The josei manga Usagi Drop by Unita Yumi will be getting an anime adaptation on the popular timeslot noitaminA.

うさぎドロップ
Usagi Drop (Bunny Drop)

Official website: http://www.usagi-drop.tv/
Animation production: Production I.G

Premiere date: July 2011 on Fuji TV (noitaminA).

The manga is serialized in the josei magazine Feel Young (Shoudensha).
There are currently 8 volumes released of the manga.

Summary:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yen Press
Going home for his grandfather’s funeral, thirty-year-old bachelor Daikichi is floored to discover that the old man had an illegitimate child with a younger lover! The rest of his family is equally shocked and embarrassed by this surprise development, and not one of them wants anything to do with the silent little girl, Rin. In a fit of angry spontaneity, Daikichi decides to take her in himself! But will living with this overgrown teenager of man help Rin come out of her shell? And hang on, won’t this turn of events spell doom for Daikichi’s love life?!
Covers:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Katapan; 2011-01-11 at 11:37.
Katapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 12:07   Link #2
Dop
Mmmm....

I've read the first two volumes of the manga, so I'm really looking forward to this.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 12:13   Link #3
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

First off

About damn time!

Honestly never thought I would see a anime for this series but I've always hoped so and lo and behold we get one!

If this is handled even just well enough by Production I.G, which I have faith they will do great on this this will be one of my favorite hits of this year.

Seriously can't wait for this!
Old 2011-01-07, 12:25   Link #4
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I browsed a bit of the manga in Waterstones a while back, and i really like what i seen, so hearing that it'll be getting an adaptation with Production I.G behind the wheel makes me very pleased. Will be picking up the first two volumes this weekend.
Old 2011-01-07, 12:32   Link #5
Stefkov

Looking at the covers in the spoiler above it looks like a familial romance in the making as time goes on and people grow up.
Before I get interested in this can someone tell me if this is what I'm to expect, I'm getting sick of all the incest stuff coming out recently.
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 12:39   Link #6
BoxQueen
Empty-headed

This is good change of pace for anime has been coming out. I'm looking forward for this anime's release. The manga is a nice start too.
BoxQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 12:46   Link #7
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Tried out some of the manga a few weeks ago and I liked it, can't wait for the anime now!
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 13:41   Link #8
Lilith
Your average fangirl

*chants* josei~ Josei~ Josei~

I read some manga chapters in the past. I believe this is a mature-version of Aishiteru ze Baby. Not sure if there will romance, or just slice-of-life thing like Aka-chan to Boku.
Old 2011-01-07, 13:49   Link #9
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefkov View Post
Looking at the covers in the spoiler above it looks like a familial romance in the making as time goes on and people grow up.
Before I get interested in this can someone tell me if this is what I'm to expect, I'm getting sick of all the incest stuff coming out recently.
From what I've read (three volumes), Usagi Drop is about what you described. We get to see Rin and Daikichi grow to learn each other, live together, grow their love interests, etc. - the kind of fresh air you'd expect from a noitaminA show. This is a feel-good josei title that's got nothing to do with incest, as far as I'm aware.

Needless to say, I've been totally excited since the rumor surfaced 2 days ago. It just feels so right to get this adaptation on noitaminA. The character design and color palette seem spot on, too - now praying for a skilled director, then I can cry tears of joy.
Old 2011-01-07, 17:33   Link #10
FireChick

AHHHHHHHHH!!! ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS?!?!?!?!?

YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

I love Bunny Drop! I even have the first volume of the manga! I need to get the second one! And on NOITAMINA!? Double YAY!!!

By the way...

Quote:
Premiere date: July 2010 on Fuji TV (noitaminA).
Actually, it should be July 2011, NOT 2010.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 18:14   Link #11
Stefkov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
From what I've read (three volumes), Usagi Drop is about what you described. We get to see Rin and Daikichi grow to learn each other, live together, grow their love interests, etc. - the kind of fresh air you'd expect from a noitaminA show. This is a feel-good josei title that's got nothing to do with incest, as far as I'm aware.

Needless to say, I've been totally excited since the rumor surfaced 2 days ago. It just feels so right to get this adaptation on noitaminA. The character design and color palette seem spot on, too - now praying for a skilled director, then I can cry tears of joy.
My first sentence before was trying to ask if there would be any romance between the two of them. When you say "grow their love interests" I take that as not between the two of them but with others around them?
If that's so then I'm looking forward to this.
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 18:35   Link #12
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefkov View Post
My first sentence before was trying to ask if there would be any romance between the two of them. When you say "grow their love interests" I take that as not between the two of them but with others around them?
If that's so then I'm looking forward to this.
Yeah, I meant to say they "grow their own love interests" but I guess the important word got lost in the process - my bad. Rin meets a boy her age and all. I don't want to get into spoiler territory but the romance's really down-to-earth here (again, from what I've read in the earlier volumes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
Actually, it should be July 2011, NOT 2010.
... thanks for pointing it out, edited the first post. I see I still haven't adjusted after a whole week...
Old 2011-01-07, 19:15   Link #13
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Well now, the summer is start to look really promising.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 19:20   Link #14
lightsenshi
Author

Darn. I thought we were finally going to find out that Sailor Moon really DID get dropped on her head too many times when she was younger....
Old 2011-01-07, 19:24   Link #15
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

I've been waiting for the anime announcement for this since I read the first volume~!
Old 2011-01-07, 19:46   Link #16
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Please tell me the dude doesn't go horny for the little girl and it's not moe. Cause I like the synopsis. It sounds interesting and realistic. I'm a sucker for realistically told stories.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 20:02   Link #17
FireChick

Quote:
Please tell me the dude doesn't go horny for the little girl and it's not moe. Cause I like the synopsis. It sounds interesting and realistic. I'm a sucker for realistically told stories.
Don't worry. It's absolutely NOTHING like that at all. It's a perfectly realistic and charming manga. None of that horrid moe garbage is around! Allelujah!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 20:27   Link #18
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
It's josei.
Old 2011-01-07, 22:37   Link #19
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Wow, THIS is getting an anime? I truly wonder how far they'll adapt the manga? Hopefully the whole thing, as translations have been on the slow side lately.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 01:03   Link #20
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

If people are worried about the lolicon possibilities of the show, rest assured that it is closer to Aishiteruze Baby than anything else.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
josei, noitamina, romance