AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-12-20, 22:23   Link #41
SlugZilla
woofles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne
I have a few questions, please help me out. I'm thinking of buying a PSP for my little brother, but I need to know some things. How bad is the battery life? Is it backwards compatible?
No it is not backwards compatible and the battery life is quoted 3 hours on average and rechargeable.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 22:40   Link #42
Tron Bonne
Rockman Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlugZilla
No it is not backwards compatible and the battery life is quoted 3 hours on average and rechargeable.
I would need a Japanese PSP to play Japanese games? He plays a lot of imports.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 22:49   Link #43
SlugZilla
woofles

No, you can play any game even if it's an import.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 23:07   Link #44
Racheal
Super Robot War Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
omg I love this threads

LOL, I cant believe you are serious, MP was flashy to appeal to younger gamers!? you definately have a huge issue with Nintendo. I cant wait to hear you also claiming that RE4 is also kiddie, or Eternal Darkness...

Anyway... Racheal it really depends on the games, look at them and see if they appeal to you, and of course you must first try the DS, its easy to be esceptical about the touchscreen, bu try it and see how most people have nothing but praises to the system since its just plain fun. There is no need to try the psp, is a GBA with analog control and better graphics. And also remember if you really are going to use it as a portable, because if it seems you'll most likely be playing the handheld at home then it would be wiser to buy a gaming console or just more games if you already have one.
Thing is i already have a GBA SP, just wondering other than dual monitor support if the DS has any new gaming features or new titles other than the generic Mario, Pokemon? If not, the more expensive PSP with its cheaper games looks attractive since it has games of every genre. Looking forward to the next Super Robot War on the PSP as well.
Racheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 23:33   Link #45
Phantom Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racheal
Thing is i already have a GBA SP, just wondering other than dual monitor support if the DS has any new gaming features or new titles other than the generic Mario, Pokemon? If not, the more expensive PSP with its cheaper games looks attractive since it has games of every genre. Looking forward to the next Super Robot War on the PSP as well.
Snowboard Kids DS
Advance Wars DS
Kirby (not a port)
Metroid prime
Legend of Mana (not a port)
Xenosaga (port)
Baten Kaitos (port)
Rockman Exe
Egg Monster Hero
Final Fantasy 3 (port)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (port?)
Jump Super Stars
a Naruto game
a One Piece game

these are some of the games i know of. look on ign.com or gamespot.com for more.

the ports will be different from the original becuz all of them have said tat they will be using the touch screen in one way or another.
Phantom Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 02:24   Link #46
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racheal
as far as I know psp games are actually more expensive than DS's

http://www.lik-sang.com/list.php?nav...&category=218&

http://www.lik-sang.com/list.php?nav...&category=252&
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 08:08   Link #47
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Thing is i already have a GBA SP, just wondering other than dual monitor support if the DS has any new gaming features
Haven't you read the recent DS threads? Apart from the double screen, there is a touch screen, and wireless network support. You can play through wireless with your friends, and use Picto Chat.
Quote:
If not, the more expensive PSP with its cheaper games looks attractive since it has games of every genre.
Sony is encouraging ports of games to the system, since it's basically also a PlayStation.
So this makes for mostly ports and sequels, and not much new.
Quote:
Snowboard Kids DS
Advance Wars DS
Kirby (not a port)
Metroid prime
Legend of Mana (not a port)
Xenosaga (port)
Baten Kaitos (port)
Rockman Exe
Egg Monster Hero
Final Fantasy 3 (port)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (port?)
Jump Super Stars
a Naruto game
a One Piece game
Wow!
Legend of Mana and Xenosaga?!
I'm so wanting a DS now...
And this Final Fantasy 3... Is it FF6 or the NES FF3? Either way I'm interested.
EDIT: Just Googled it up. It's the NES FF3! Woohoo! About time, because it never got an English release.

Last edited by Benoit; 2004-12-21 at 08:30.
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 13:31   Link #48
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlugZilla

6 hours quoted
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 13:33   Link #49
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor

Try some real sellers and not a known boot leg site
Old 2004-12-21, 13:53   Link #50
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekaMaster
6 hours quoted

IGN did a test with Ridge Racer, they got 3h 32minutes or something around that.

edit:

nevermind, should read the article more carefully
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 14:16   Link #51
sopel
Rei Ayanami

Send a message via ICQ to sopel Send a message via MSN to sopel
I agree with Wirhe first post I bought gamecube, with metroid, mario sunshine, m.party 4/5, mario kart, zelda windwaker, and monkeyball. They are all aimed at a younger audience and the difficulty of those games isn't that great either. The graphics/art is aimed towards a younger audience. Sold that in 2 months and got an xbox instead. But yeah by vote goes to PSP, only thing is the big screen on it is screaming to get scratched... Hope it comes with some case or something.

FisherPrice purple color....nuff said.
sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 14:31   Link #52
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
I didnt want to compare the USA price with the japanese price since it would be unfair, this is like the only source not in japanese I could find, its pretty much a fact that the psp games are more expensive on average than DS games, but please be free to prove me wrong with some links instead of whining so much.
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 14:59   Link #53
Sides

just go to amazon.co.jp and pop in "psp"
you'll see that metal gear acid sells for¥4,284 and Mario 64DS ¥4,079
not big of a difference, but i expect that the price gap will be bigger in the west
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 15:31   Link #54
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
6 hours quoted
With puzzle games.
Ridge Racer is between 90 minutes and 3 hours.
Quote:
Lik-Sang doesn't do bootleg.
It does tax fraud.
Quote:
I agree with Wirhe first post I bought gamecube, with metroid, mario sunshine, m.party 4/5, mario kart, zelda windwaker, and monkeyball. They are all aimed at a younger audience and the difficulty of those games isn't that great either.
Except for Metroid Prime, I agree that those are easy. But guess what! There are more games than those! Yeah, really! And you can still buy them.
Quote:
Fisher Price purple? Since when?
You can buy a GameCube in multiple colors, and the DS is silver.
Gee, people these days think too much in terms of appearance and how others portray them.
"Look, PSP's design is slick and shiny! It must be good! All my friends will think it's cool too!"

I bet that less people would be interested in the PSP if the design was different.

You know, it would be nice if people would also explain their vote instead of just voting with no reason.
Old 2004-12-21, 20:16   Link #55
Phantom Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopel
I agree with Wirhe first post I bought gamecube, with metroid, mario sunshine, m.party 4/5, mario kart, zelda windwaker, and monkeyball. They are all aimed at a younger audience and the difficulty of those games isn't that great either. The graphics/art is aimed towards a younger audience. Sold that in 2 months and got an xbox instead. But yeah by vote goes to PSP, only thing is the big screen on it is screaming to get scratched... Hope it comes with some case or something.

i think PSP has a screen cover.

have u tried advance wars? hard campaign and the war-room? That's pretty hard.
Old 2004-12-21, 21:57   Link #56
max201

DS , sony are real amatures when it come to handheld games , sure all they have done is say the GFx's are almost PS2 standard , but this is spny 1st hand held console , so controld and transfering games. But Nintendo have been doing it for years , and Shigeru miyamoto i just a genuis
max201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 01:10   Link #57
Phantom Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by max201
DS , sony are real amatures when it come to handheld games , sure all they have done is say the GFx's are almost PS2 standard , but this is spny 1st hand held console , so controld and transfering games. But Nintendo have been doing it for years , and Shigeru miyamoto i just a genuis
sony does have more expierence in electronics in general tho. But i do think PSP is just too much unnesscary power. My guess is that PSP was originally a Sony Vaio project.
Old 2004-12-22, 01:15   Link #58
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by max201

They were amatures with consoles when the PSX came out. And even with the issues with the PSX and the PS2 sony is still #1. Do you care to say how Nintendo will "always be on top"
Old 2004-12-22, 07:19   Link #59
max201

Quote:
They were amatures with consoles when the PSX came out. And even with the issues with the PSX and the PS2 sony is still #1. Do you care to say how Nintendo will "always be on top"
Thats a mater of opinion sure it sold , more but for every 1 good PS ganme there are 20 crap ones , ok they have final fantasy etc.. but Nintendo have made some of the greatest games in history , metroid , Mario , Zelda

And Phantom Blade sure sond have more experience in electronices , but making DVD players etc.. has nothing to do with games.

And Nintendo have been making games for longer , and they aere the only company who produce games of there own , Sony just leave it to Squaer enx and ubi soft
max201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 08:54   Link #60
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
In terms of hardware, they are still amateurs. Look how full of defects their hardware is. They have even been sued for purposely selling faulty hardware, to make more sales. And no matter what you believe, the PS2 is a crap console in terms of design. It's not even more powerful than the Dreamcast. It survived because of hype and its successful PSOne console.

While Nintendo has been making great hardware since the Super NES. Sure, the Nintendo 64 was a big mistake, choosing cartridge instead of CD, but the hardware itself was rock solid.
Quote:
And Nintendo have been making games for longer , and they aere the only company who produce games of there own , Sony just leave it to Squaer enx and ubi soft
That's not true.
At the beginning, Sony didn't have its own game development groups, but it does now. Ape Escape, for example, was a title they made.
Sega and Microsoft also make titles of their own.
Though Sega doesn't make consoles anymore, and M$ just buys existing groups to claim it their own.