AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-14, 20:50   Link #1081
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

I may have been eating too many mushrooms.
Spoiler for speculation based on Volume 07-08:

Cheers.
Old 2007-03-15, 07:06   Link #1082
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vol8: Editor in Chief
Putting all her weight on my body, Haruhi then pushed me down to the floor. Haruhi rode me like a horse, getting in the mount position. She was trying to slip her hands inside my blazer. But I still resisted somehow.

"Yuki, lend me a hand here. Go grab Kyon's hands."

As she said that, Haruhi had started taking my blazer off. Hey hey, don't you have any shame? Asahina-san is the only one you get to strip down, you crazy girl!
[...]
And then, after that,

"I'm ba―――ehhhh!?"

Enter Asahina-san. What timing this person has. Just what was she thinking when she saw me on my back, and then Haruhi on top of me as she continued her reverse sexual harassment,

"I, I'm sorryyy! I didn't see anything! Really!"

She shouted misguidedly as she ran away.
Awesome.

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2007-03-15 at 07:25.
Old 2007-03-15, 09:28   Link #1083
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Vol 8 Editor in Chief★Straight Ahead! has been translated.

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/in...aight_Ahead%21

All the released material of the Suzumiya Haruhi series thus far have now been translated into English, all that's left is to scrutinize and edit it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by more Yuki-isms
I turned to Nagato as my eyes sought help, but when I confronted her delicately expressionless face, I got the impression that she was puzzling about what she should do.

Before I knew it, Nagato had opened the cover of her computer.

From when was that again? Since she had the skill to hack into the Computer Club's computer and rewrite their program, peeking into my computer would be an easy victory for her. But, umm, what would she see?

"............"

Nagato didn't help either of us, and just watched over me and Haruhi's ground battle with calm eyes.
Sigh, not only has Kyon incurred the wrath of Haruhi, now even Yuki's pissed. Not to mention Mikuru getting it all wrong as she freaked out after seeing Haruhi attempting to rape Kyon. This leaves Koizumi in an excellent position to swoop in for his prey, if he ever chooses to.
Old 2007-03-15, 10:35   Link #1084
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

CONGRATULATIONS!

Thank you to the guys at Baka-Tsuki and everyone who made this possible!

I can't think of more or better words to thank you, but your work is greatly appreciated!

Thanks again!
Old 2007-03-15, 11:43   Link #1085
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vol8: Editor in Chief
Putting all her weight on my body, Haruhi then pushed me down to the floor. Haruhi rode me like a horse, getting in the mount position. She was trying to slip her hands inside my blazer. But I still resisted somehow.
I'm wondering if this could also be translated "But I still resisted for some reason"? ^_^

And while the whole chapter was already great, even if it wasnt, it still would have been worth it just for Mikuru's reaction. I can't wait to see them animate this scene.
Old 2007-03-16, 08:45   Link #1086
Azzie
3 bytes of Data

Send a message via Yahoo to Azzie
ummm... first, Its my first time here .. and I also want to extend my Utmost thanks to the Baka-tsuki for translating all these Amazing novels..

But .. I would like ti ask if anyone knows the chapter where Nagato completely changes her mode of conduct and becomes a sweet girl? ... Ive only read the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya..
Old 2007-03-16, 08:55   Link #1087
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzie View Post
ummm... first, Its my first time here .. and I also want to extend my Utmost thanks to the Baka-tsuki for translating all these Amazing novels..

But .. I would like ti ask if anyone knows the chapter where Nagato completely changes her mode of conduct and becomes a sweet girl? ... Ive only read the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya..
Not chapter. Volume. Volume 04 to be precise. You might want to read Volume 03 first though, as that one contains the Bamboo Rhapsody chapter. It contains important information that will be referenced to frequently in the later volumes.

Cheers.
Old 2007-03-17, 23:58   Link #1088
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

Send a message via MSN to Demon Eyes
I want to thank you all who are involved.

This is God-like speed at which you are doing the translations.

Haruhi herself would be proud. I know I am very much so.

Please keep up the good work.

So far my best parts have been, in order:

1. Snow Mountain Syndrome
2. Live A Live
3. Wandering Shadow and
4. Editor In Chief.

If things keep on going like this, I am enticed that the more the series goes on, the better the stories get, at least for me.

So, once again, thank you very much.
Old 2007-03-18, 23:10   Link #1089
X207
Gamyūsa

so far the best one was all of vol 4
Old 2007-03-20, 12:03   Link #1090
Question
Crossdresser

Volume 8 : Editor in Chief. I am at a complete loss as to what the significance of Kyon's story is. Someone care to enlighten me?
Old 2007-03-20, 12:18   Link #1091
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question View Post
Volume 8 : Editor in Chief. I am at a complete loss as to what the significance of Kyon's story is. Someone care to enlighten me?
I don't think there's any significance to it, save for Kyon trying to make up enough pages to pacify Haruhi, which sort of backfired disastrously, as you have seen.

In a subconscious way, Haruhi probably wanted to force Kyon to confess any other girl he's gone out with before herself. If he doesn't write the "story", Haruhi will berate him for slacking off, if he completes the story (which he did), Haruhi becomes dangerously jealous.

So Kyon is basically stuck in a Catch 22 situation, as the old saying goes, "Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't".
Old 2007-03-20, 17:09   Link #1092
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
so far the best one was all of vol 4
I have read that but apart from the re-appearance of Asakura, and Kyon getting stabbed, it wasn't better than those I stated above.At least to me .
Old 2007-03-20, 17:59   Link #1093
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Eyes View Post
I have read that but apart from the re-appearance of Asakura, and Kyon getting stabbed, it wasn't better than those I stated above.At least to me .
but it did offer up a new plot line that showed a suzmiya-less world. which makes it so interesting
Old 2007-03-21, 00:06   Link #1094
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question View Post
I took it as highlighting how Kyon really feels about romance and love in general. For all his fawning over Mikuru, I can't recall him ever mentioning wanting to be in a lasting relationship with her, aside from a casual "I wish I could see this scenery/drink this tea every day forever" or something.
Also, notice how he words things and omits the "conclusion," thereby making everyone think that he went on a date with an adorable girl who was totally crazy about him, whom he never dated again for some reason. He's trying to play it cool, but the somewhat embarrassing truth is that he went out with a 9-10 year old girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Eyes View Post
... Did you seriously miss Super Moe Mode Nagato and Kyon's epiphany?
Old 2007-03-21, 01:42   Link #1095
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post

... Did you seriously miss Super Moe Mode Nagato and Kyon's epiphany?
Did not.

But after all, I prefer my Yuki-chan as she is.
Old 2007-03-21, 09:20   Link #1096
Azzie
3 bytes of Data

Send a message via Yahoo to Azzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Not chapter. Volume. Volume 04 to be precise. You might want to read Volume 03 first though, as that one contains the Bamboo Rhapsody chapter. It contains important information that will be referenced to frequently in the later volumes.

Cheers.

Roger that! , Thanks for the info! ... and once again I shall dive into the beauty and psychological mayhem that is Haruhi Suzumiya!

Cheers too!
Old 2007-03-21, 15:33   Link #1097
X207
Gamyūsa

hav a question about the aliens, i know who the 3rd alien is, so in which chapter is she reveald to be an alien?
Old 2007-03-21, 18:48   Link #1098
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
hav a question about the aliens, i know who the 3rd alien is, so in which chapter is she reveald to be an alien?
First chapter of volume eight, I think.
Old 2007-03-21, 21:24   Link #1099
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
thanks, will get to it eventually at 2nd last ch in vol 6
Old 2007-03-22, 03:47   Link #1100
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Actually, to be a bit persnickety, Kyon (and I believe Itsuki) speculates at the end of the same chapter in which this person first appears that she might be another Humanoid Interface. I'm not going to say which chapter, as that would give things away, but it's well before Volume 8. Still, the beginning of Volume 8 is where Kyon and Itsuki actually become convinced of her nature, so that's as good a place as any to identify as "the reveal."
Closed Thread