AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2014-09-16, 21:42   Link #10241
OhHaiThar

So this was the watch from Hayate no Gotoku Can't Take My Eyes Off You
Spoiler:

And here's the watch from the latest chapter
Spoiler:

It is indeed the same clock from the latest chapter(Kenjiro probably just felt lazy to draw the intricate details) I believe. ^^ maybe things are finally going canon.
OhHaiThar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-16, 22:51   Link #10242
GlassesLady
dat apple

Yeah, the anime's watch basically looks like the manga's on a bigger budget.

Wonder if Ruri will be making any sort of appearance. I hope she gets at least a cameo...

On an unrelated note... I've done some research into what the symbols on the King's Jewels might be inspired by and posted my thoughts and findings in my gallery. I've also given each symbol a silly name. I didn't really bother to reread the manga much, so if I've gotten anything terribly wrong, please leave a comment or something.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.

Last edited by GlassesLady; 2014-09-16 at 23:05.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 10:35   Link #10243
AstroNerdBoy

Here's the problem -- the two watches cannot be the same unless we then say that CTMEOY isn't canon. After all, Kurotsubaki should be in a vault in Las Vegas now after Shin's car accident.

I didn't have that first watch picture (Kurotsubaki) in my own archives, but you'll note it is on a pillow. Now, assuming CTMEOY is canon, here's what we know.
  • Shin tried to steal Kurotsubaki, but after meeting Yukariko, fell in love and had a change of heart.
  • After marrying Yukariko and giving her a child, Shin has his wedding band stolen and is blackmailed into stealing Kurotsubaki.
  • Shin "dies" in Las Vegas while attempting to deliver the stolen Kurotsubaki.

In order to successfully steal the Kurotsubaki, in my mind, Shin would have had to replace the pocket watch in order to fool Mikado long enough to get away. Assuming Shin turned off the the same things that Nagi did in order to gain access, then when the security systems came back on, no doubt, weight sensors possibly other sensors would be looking for the Kurotsubaki to be in its display case. Having a standard pocket watch there with the same weight as size as the Kurotsubaki would do just that, so unless Mikado came and found the Kurotsubaki had been swapped, Shin would be able to make good on his escape.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 17:51   Link #10244
GlassesLady
dat apple

It just occurred to me that even if Hayate was supposed to have seen either the Kurotsubaki or a replica of it prior to the arc CTMEOY is based on, that could easily have been edited out of the anime's version of the storyline, and likely would be since no one at the time would have seen Hayate seeing the watch/replica.

Old 2014-09-17, 22:17   Link #10245
MCAL

Didn't Hata-Sensei write the anime story though?
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 22:41   Link #10246
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Is it just me or doesn't the art seem like it wasn't hand drawn any more??
Old 2014-09-18, 10:50   Link #10247
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassesLady View Post
It just occurred to me that even if Hayate was supposed to have seen either the Kurotsubaki or a replica of it prior to the arc CTMEOY is based on, that could easily have been edited out of the anime's version of the storyline, and likely would be since no one at the time would have seen Hayate seeing the watch/replica.
The pocket watch design in the manga is a pretty standard one. You can easily get a pocket watch online right now that looks just like that. Compare that to how much more elaborate the Kurotsubaki is. So it is possible that Hayate didn't think anything about it.

You are right that key information would have been edited out of CTMEOY, as we saw with Ruka leaving Yukari-chan House (we had the sense of that in the anime, but never the confirmation), Nagi's manga, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Didn't Hata-Sensei write the anime story though?
Yeah, he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Is it just me or doesn't the art seem like it wasn't hand drawn any more??
I'm not sure how much, if any, CG Hata-sensei uses. I do know that I'm not a fan of the current character designs as they have become simplistic and cause the characters to lose attractiveness and character traits.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

Old 2014-09-18, 10:55   Link #10248
madmac

Hata has been drawing on a computer for years now. I don't think he uses it exclusively, but it's definitely his preference.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 10:56   Link #10249
GDB

It's more likely he just has assistants doing more of the work than it is that he's using CG. While simplistic, they aren't "static", which is what I'd expect of a CG manga drawing.

Of course, reading madmac's response, I realize the difference here between computer generated and computer graphics could make in this discussion. When I said CG, I meant the former, not the latter (ie: no drawing at all, rather than drawing on a graphics pad).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 12:03   Link #10250
madmac

Speaking of assistants, there's an interesting bit that one of Hata's assistants moved on to start his own manga the day that Ruka's arc ended. He was apparently quite involved with that character.

(Also, seeing Hata advertise for a new assistant on Twitter for a week and a half was amusing.)
Old 2014-09-18, 13:10   Link #10251
AstroNerdBoy

When it comes to computer art, I know that Akamatsu-sensei has long done things like buildings and "sets" (classrooms, the insides of homes and buildings, etc.) with computers. I know he has a CG model of whatever it is constructed in the computer, then can easily recreate it on the page, changing the angle of view to suit his tastes.

It wouldn't surprise me if Hata-sensei did something similar.

Old 2014-09-19, 09:34   Link #10252
GlassesLady
dat apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
Speaking of assistants, there's an interesting bit that one of Hata's assistants moved on to start his own manga the day that Ruka's arc ended. He was apparently quite involved with that character.

(Also, seeing Hata advertise for a new assistant on Twitter for a week and a half was amusing.)
Huh. I'd be interested so see that assistant's manga someday.

Old 2014-09-25, 12:57   Link #10253
AstroNerdBoy

Well, while we wait for 466, here's a little spoiler image.

Spoiler for 466:

And...

Spoiler for 466:

Old 2014-09-25, 20:00   Link #10254
MCAL

And the chapter has been translated. Now we finally know what Athena plans to do with her hidden King Jewel. Such a badass.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-25, 20:09   Link #10255
GDB

Not really sure what Nagi was taunting there when she said to call the police because he still had something in his vault to check? Is she basically saying that the trap invested place would make him a criminal too?

Also, "in about 4 months"... so around Christmas, as we all expected.
Old 2014-09-25, 23:22   Link #10256
madmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Not really sure what Nagi was taunting there when she said to call the police because he still had something in his vault to check? Is she basically saying that the trap invested place would make him a criminal too?

Also, "in about 4 months"... so around Christmas, as we all expected.
Nagi's point was that it's difficult to file a police report for a "stolen item" you are holding in your hand. It's not stealing if you haven't taken anything.

The Christmas ending was long expected, but now we have the actual set up for the final arc. I'm quite curious as to what happens now. Four months is a lot of time to fill when everything appears to be moving quickly.
Old 2014-09-26, 08:55   Link #10257
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
Nagi's point was that it's difficult to file a police report for a "stolen item" you are holding in your hand. It's not stealing if you haven't taken anything.

The Christmas ending was long expected, but now we have the actual set up for the final arc. I'm quite curious as to what happens now. Four months is a lot of time to fill when everything appears to be moving quickly.
Makes sense. And yeah, 4 months is a long time when it's taken 10 years to go 8 months.
Old 2014-09-26, 10:46   Link #10258
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

so we get the connection with CTMOY

and A-tan still such a bad ass even in loli form
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 18:44   Link #10259
AstroNerdBoy

I'm interested to see how Hata-sensei works in the CTMEOY story as well as the HIAPOE movie without rehashing a lot of the same ground.

I'm also interested in seeing how Athena makes her exit from living at Yukari-chan House.

Old 2014-09-26, 20:24   Link #10260
ChampDream
Alive

I love how A-tan was really cool in this chapter.

Tags
comedy, shounen