AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-05, 00:38   Link #61
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Episode 9 is great for a little more Maka x Soul interaction, Soul is worried that Maka he made Maka worried, and Maka is worried for making Soul worry about her... so cute <3
Old 2008-06-18, 09:26   Link #62
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

A Soul x Maka moment next episode (11) yay!
Old 2008-06-18, 19:56   Link #63
saber123
SOS

I appreciate Maka's voice,Maka is Pretty!
Old 2008-07-06, 11:48   Link #64
Avira
fanart-fan :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by saber123 View Post
I appreciate Maka's voice,Maka is Pretty!
Yeah, she's really sort of cute^^At first I didn't like her voice, but it's gotten better.
The MakaxSoul moments in episode 11 are so
Old 2008-07-06, 21:27   Link #65
ellifeedn
Thinker

Does anyone think that Maka's relationship with her father can improve or will become non-existant?
Old 2008-07-06, 21:58   Link #66
Zoe

I think it will. Maka is certainly trying hard to make it difficult for him though.
Old 2008-07-07, 00:34   Link #67
herbert

I guess it will improve, but not much. Maka dislikes him for a good reason. There is no misunderstanding, and Spirit's wrongdoing is ongoing. It's not like Maka never gives him chances, but he never takes. Plus, Maka knows Spirit loves her to bits, so there is little chance for Spirit to pull out a I-love-you move.
Old 2008-07-07, 03:18   Link #68
lmd_84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
I think it will. Maka is certainly trying hard to make it difficult for him though.
And on Spirit's part it doesn't help that he can't get across what he actually feels about Maka and her mother; the closest he's got so far is in episode 9...when he's thinking it but not actually saying anything. That, aside from all the flirting, is a major issue between them.
Old 2008-07-08, 15:15   Link #69
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Heck, everyone knows that Spirit still loves his ex-wife and daughter. Small wonder he doesn't proclaim it from atop Shibusen as Black Star would do.

He's a young dad who really sees himself as not really worthy of being Maka's father because of the way he acted before but that won't stop him from doing anything and everything he can do to help - even if it makes him look like a total jerk/doofus in the end. He's being a doofus for his daughter and that's what it's all about at the end of the day for him. I really pity the day if someone hurts Maka badly in front of him in a combat situation - maybe then we'll see just why he's the strongest of the DeathScythes.
Old 2008-07-08, 15:42   Link #70
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The reason he looks like a jerk is not because he thinks he's unworthy. It's because he's weak. He has no self-control, and as soon as a skirt passes by...
Old 2008-07-23, 00:13   Link #71
Autumnaki
Superstar

I read somewhere that SoulxMaka is the most obvious pairing since InuyashaxKagome.. xDD

Honestly, I really don't mind either. I adore both characters as partners, and their interaction is really sweet.

There's actually plenty of great SoulxMaka in the manga too. I can't wait to see it animated. The good thing about this series is that romance really doesn't own the screen, and the same can be said of particular characters as well. All characters get their own amount of screen time. I'd say the mangaka is very good at balancing everything, and this leaves me hopeful that we won't get any unnecessary interaction.

Obviously I don't think Soul and Maka are in love with eachother, but I do think there is certain emphasis on particular things that allow us to see the deeper feelings they have for eachother. Which can obviously change later.

Spoiler for Manga~!:
Old 2008-07-23, 13:19   Link #72
Perona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnaki View Post
I read somewhere that SoulxMaka is the most obvious pairing since InuyashaxKagome.. xDD

Honestly, I really don't mind either. I adore both characters as partners, and their interaction is really sweet.

There's actually plenty of great SoulxMaka in the manga too. I can't wait to see it animated. The good thing about this series is that romance really doesn't own the screen, and the same can be said of particular characters as well. All characters get their own amount of screen time. I'd say the mangaka is very good at balancing everything, and this leaves me hopeful that we won't get any unnecessary interaction.

Obviously I don't think Soul and Maka are in love with eachother, but I do think there is certain emphasis on particular things that allow us to see the deeper feelings they have for eachother. Which can obviously change later.

Spoiler for Manga~!:
I really agree with you there, that the manga balances everything out and the romance isnt really obvious.
Spoiler for Manga:
Old 2008-08-09, 01:58   Link #73
Onchuu_Norin
Clandestine Otaku

Cool

When it comes to Soul and Maka, it's kind of weird combination, but that's what makes it interesting. Soul always thinks about doing only things that's considered "cool" and more easy going. Maka is more of dedicated student who strives to be a great weapon wielder like her mother and has a bad relationship with her father. It kind of reminds me of the other paired characters in other anime like Cou and Ren from Erementar Gerad. Maybe even Renton and Eureka from Eureka Seven was kind of a weird pair.
Old 2008-08-09, 07:09   Link #74
-NeVeR-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osaka_chan9 View Post
Spoiler for Manga:
Spoiler for chap18:
Old 2008-08-09, 09:49   Link #75
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Weapons and humans falling for each other is not that odd...

...do remember that Maka herself is a half-weapon thanks to her Dad's heritage.
Old 2008-08-09, 13:56   Link #76
Perona

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NeVeR- View Post
Spoiler for chap18:
Well, now im a bit sad, but whatever, that scene was nice anyways.
Old 2008-08-13, 08:37   Link #77
Katocchi
Your Order ?
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Katocchi
Quote:
Spoiler for chap18:
I depressed to hear that,, uhuhu ....

I hope Maka and Soul become cooperation partner,,

I LiKe Them Much ...
Old 2008-08-13, 11:40   Link #78
lmd_84

I can't see them splitting up as a team just because they don't have feelings for one another. (i.e if their relationship was merely as good friends)

Now, if unrequited feelings caused tension, or they tried and failed in a relationship, maybe that would be cause to go their separate ways. But other than that, they seem a strong partnership for the time being.
Old 2008-08-16, 01:47   Link #79
skyfirefly
Reisen + Cuppy Cake ♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Spoiler for chap18:
i think it better like that.. it good that their just friends...
Old 2008-08-16, 03:25   Link #80
Katocchi
Your Order ?
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Katocchi
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfirefly View Post
i think it better like that.. it good that their just friends...
whY ??
and give comment ^^

Closed Thread