AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Your impression of the movie - A Wakening of the Trailblazer
091 - 100: Amazing 78 24.15%
081 - 090: Great 66 20.43%
071 - 080: Very Good 46 14.24%
061 - 070: Good 50 15.48%
051 - 060: Average 24 7.43%
041 - 050: Below Average 17 5.26%
031 - 040: Bad 6 1.86%
021 - 030: Very Bad 4 1.24%
011 - 020: Awful 10 3.10%
001 - 010: You would rather watch Britney Spears exposing her crotch. *shudder* 22 6.81%
Voters: 323. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-04-22, 08:00   Link #1061
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Meh. Why does every Gundam series have to start off good and steadily grow more and more ridiculous and stupid the longer it runs?
Because...each production team lacks someone like you to ensure that they abide by the original "Gundam" ideology/tradition etc.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 08:28   Link #1062
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
That was broken when els got involved!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2011-04-22, 16:32   Link #1063
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
If I am not mistaken, the change of emphasis in S2 was because a lot of people did not like the untraditional route that S1 took, hence why S2 was more like a normal Gundam series. Although it really look to me that either way is really going to not be the liking of some faction.

Of course, I personally liked S2 slightly more for some reason thought it had better individual episodes and fights although the flow is much less good and felt pretty compressed. S1 had much better flow and originality but I keep liking S2 more for some reason. I think they both compliment each other quite well though.
Old 2011-04-22, 21:21   Link #1064
LaSean

Quote:
There just isn't much for Real Robot fans in anime. Even shows like Gasaraki were polluted with NGE-style new-agey hokey magic crap.

Even games are pretty screwed. Hawken is just a multiplayer FPS, not a real mech-sim. And with FASA basically dead and the MechWarrior reboot in development hell/legal limbo, Squeenix convinced that nobody in the English-speaking world cares about Front Mission anymore...

We've got nothin' left.

Wish I had a functional PS2, I'd go play Front Mission 4 again to make myself feel better.
Thats just sad and closed minded of you since you can't enjoy both Real Robot and Super Robot.

Anyway... Where in the hell is my dubbed blu-ray 00 movie. whats taking them so long.
LaSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 04:43   Link #1065
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaSean View Post
Thats just sad and closed minded of you since you can't enjoy both Real Robot and Super Robot.

Anyway... Where in the hell is my dubbed blu-ray 00 movie. whats taking them so long.
Ah. People are different, you see.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 18:24   Link #1066
DV04

I dunno if this has been discussed yet, but do you guys think that the newly evolved Innovators see Setsuna as some sort of a God? He is humanity's first Innovator, helped stop the Human-ELS War from continuing, and is one of the most important members of Celestial Being's history (debatable). I think it would be cool if some Innovators look up to Setsuna as a Godly figure and the fact that he is an Innovator-ELS hybrid. It is like how Setsuna saw 0 Gundam as a God when he was young.
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 19:05   Link #1067
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV04 View Post
I dunno if this has been discussed yet, but do you guys think that the newly evolved Innovators see Setsuna as some sort of a God? He is humanity's first Innovator, helped stop the Human-ELS War from continuing, and is one of the most important members of Celestial Being's history (debatable).
Only the members of Celestial Being know the pilot of the 00 Qan[T] was an Innovator. Remember how Descartes was hailed as the first Innovator by the ESF? We've never been given any indication that's changed.

Quote:
I think it would be cool if some Innovators look up to Setsuna as a Godly figure and the fact that he is an Innovator-ELS hybrid.
I don't.
Old 2011-04-23, 19:17   Link #1068
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Only the members of Celestial Being know the pilot of the 00 Qan[T] was an Innovator. Remember how Descartes was hailed as the first Innovator by the ESF? We've never been given any indication that's changed.

I don't.
Any Innovator who is near Setsuna would know he's an Innovator as well. The whole QBW thing. And because of that, I don't think they would, as I doubt Setsuna would want to be treated as a messianic figure.
Old 2011-04-23, 19:26   Link #1069
DV04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Any Innovator who is near Setsuna would know he's an Innovator as well. The whole QBW thing. And because of that, I don't think they would, as I doubt Setsuna would want to be treated as a messianic figure.
Yeah, since in the movie, Setsuna was able to communicate with Decartes for a short time until he died. I agree that Setsuna would not want to be a Godly figure, but it doesn't stop the new Innovators from looking up to him. It might not be seen as a Godly figure, but maybe a role model of some sort.
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 19:41   Link #1070
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, since in the movie, Setsuna was able to communicate with Decartes for a short time until he died. I agree that Setsuna would not want to be a Godly figure, but it doesn't stop the new Innovators from looking up to him. It might not be seen as a Godly figure, but maybe a role model of some sort.
Except the only Innovator to ever come into contact with Setsuna, as far was we know, was Descartes. Who died shortly afterwards.
Old 2011-04-23, 19:56   Link #1071
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

We're talking about Innovators who appear after the ELS war, since there are more of them then.
Old 2011-04-23, 21:17   Link #1072
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
We're talking about Innovators who appear after the ELS war, since there are more of them then.
It still applies. Any Innovator that Setsuna runs in to could easily make the assumption that he's just another Innovator/ELS hybrid.
Old 2011-04-23, 21:49   Link #1073
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

That's only ignoring the fact that an Innovator can relay their information to another using QBWs. And Setsuna's shiny pilot suit and Gundam.
Old 2011-04-23, 21:52   Link #1074
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
That's only ignoring the fact that an Innovator can relay their information to another using QBWs. And Setsuna's shiny pilot suit and Gundam.
The shiny pilot suit can be changed (even ignoring that he most likely isn't the only one to have one), the Gundam probably isn't going anywhere, and Setsuna doesn't really have to relay his past to anyone.
Old 2011-04-24, 02:53   Link #1075
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

These happy days are yours and miiiiine!

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...8GUNDAM+GUY%29
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 18:02   Link #1076
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
These happy days are yours and miiiiine!

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...8GUNDAM+GUY%29
I can't wait!!
Old 2011-04-24, 23:28   Link #1077
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
I dunno if this has been discussed yet, but do you guys think that the newly evolved Innovators see Setsuna as some sort of a God? He is humanity's first Innovator, helped stop the Human-ELS War from continuing, and is one of the most important members of Celestial Being's history (debatable). I think it would be cool if some Innovators look up to Setsuna as a Godly figure and the fact that he is an Innovator-ELS hybrid. It is like how Setsuna saw 0 Gundam as a God when he was young.
It probably won't happen.

Still, its an interesting concept. Setsuna himself is indeed gone until the Epilogue, and stories of what he did being the initiator of the first Trans-Am Burst that Innovated some people, as well as the later one in which he saved humanity from the ELS may spread and become legend possibly elevating to divine status, much like religions today may revere prophets that are no longer there for something they did a long time ago. Setsuna himself looked up to Gundam in a divine way for their symbol of being combat interventionist, so it would not surprise me if a religion-ish group gets formed around him by some people.

And he disaapeared in an awesome way too, saved the world using Quantum Burst and then disappeared fashionably into the unknown. That's definitely religious material right there.

This is not to say that it will happen or has happened but I see a distinct possibility. It does not even mean it becomes believe norm for ALL Innovators either if it does, but I'm just saying its an awesome idea you invoked there.
Old 2011-04-25, 04:37   Link #1078
klare

finally watched it

i feel humans cannot even understand each other, we really cannot expect to find understanding with aliens, a world with no war is impossible... however it is not wrong to keep believing as i think that is the message of the show

Mr Busihido did get a fitting end as a warrior, Patrick is just lucky again but he well deserve it as i think he is the most likable char

poor Marina, she is the only girl that was shown in old age...

as a movie, it is entertaining enough for me to give it a 7/10
Old 2011-04-28, 12:04   Link #1079
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Meh. Why does every Gundam series have to start off good and steadily grow more and more ridiculous and stupid the longer it runs?

I really enjoyed 00's first season. It was pretty good--at least right up until the end, anyway. Reminded me a lot of Code Geass actually. Both series started off being pretty decent attempts at Real Robot (though nothing like Flag or Front Mission) and both ended up venturing way too far into Super Robot territory.
But thats Gundam, which had always been half-way Real Robot and half-way the other direction. Besides, even within the Gundam-verse itself, Mobile Suits aren't exactly prolific weapons, either.

Anyway, I thought the super-robo transition was only in the last few episodes of season II, in an amount that did not seem so ridiculous to me. Certainly not at the level of G Gundam or Turn A.

The fleet battles in season 2 were pretty well done, and the meisters weren't exactly burning their way through the opposition either. In fact, they were struggling pretty hard. Hell, when Kati showed up with her relief fleet, I almost screamed.

And even though I do not completely approve the ELS as the movie's adversaries, the last stand of humanity in the movie was very well done. Certainly I did not feel as if it was polluted by any super-roboness. Nevermind there wasn't much action involved with the QanT either. Overall, I loved the fleet battle action in the movie.

Quote:
There just isn't much for Real Robot fans in anime. Even shows like Gasaraki were polluted with NGE-style new-agey hokey magic crap.
*Shrug* I love Macross, and Frontier is pretty much the epitome of real-robots at the moment.

Failing that, we still got:

Recent OVA for Armored Trooper VOTOMS

Nadesico, a pure classic. Too bad the sequel was cancelled.

And, Full Metal Panic, which is always fun to watch.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 13:44   Link #1080
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Full Metal Panic crosses over into Super Robot nonsense too though...
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote