if there was two options

which world would you choose

the anime world of Japan
or the human world of Japan ??
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 12:42   Link #2
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

I would not want to die every 2 weeks because of some Aliens, Monsters or other occurences destroy Tokyo and its sourroundings (often japan at all). So I would prefer the real japan, which is quiet peacefull (except of some strange pervertions, which I might be able to ignore).
Old 2004-03-07, 12:54   Link #3
Kurara
Ningyou Hime

Send a message via ICQ to Kurara Send a message via AIM to Kurara Send a message via MSN to Kurara
It depends of the anime ^^;;.. A lot of anime series are really realistic and they present the negative aspects of living in Japan.. But the series for kids idealize living in Japan, so I guess I'd like to live in the Japan of that type of anme. ^^
Kurara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 16:24   Link #4
supremebeing13

Send a message via MSN to supremebeing13
Hmm.. well.. how about real japan, just in an ancient era... an emerging shogun, hehe.
supremebeing13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 16:41   Link #5
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

the maburaho world of japan
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 16:43   Link #6
Besa
[ЀÅÐ]

Send a message via MSN to Besa
the anime world of Japan of course there is always some action!
Besa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 18:58   Link #7
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

The real world of Japan because you can actually learn more about Japanese culture that way and their culture is pretty interesting to me so no need to alter it. One more thing, are you talking anime that takes place in these realities or do you mean in RL?
Old 2004-03-07, 19:41   Link #8
LinChoiSin

it depends of the conditions because life on anime can be great as well as hellish ,real world of Japan might be safer.
LinChoiSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 20:18   Link #9
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

can i pick Atlantis?
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 20:37   Link #10
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

in the anime world of One Piece! I want to just sail around and fight people!
Old 2004-03-07, 22:05   Link #11
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto Lin
I would not want to die every 2 weeks because of some Aliens, Monsters or other occurences destroy Tokyo and its sourroundings (often japan at all). So I would prefer the real japan, which is quiet peacefull (except of some strange pervertions, which I might be able to ignore).
I dare you commute through rush-hour and jammed packed train stations with occasional "oh, I'm sorry, the train will be running slow because we had ANOTHER person who committed suicide by jumping in front of the train several stations back."

People are very friendly in rural areas. It really makes me wonder what has happened to the Japanese urbanites' kindness and hearts. When I go visit my grandmother in rural Chiba Prefecture, people are friendly - when I have a big suitcase and need to carry this huge luggage over a long stairs up and down, three people ran up to me and kind enough to help me out - from the goodness of their hearts. If I accidently bump into someone in the local supermarket, we both apologize from the bottom of our hearts. Only in rural areas have I seen actual care and kindness from strangers.

But, as I make the assumption it is similar to other metropolitan areas, urban people are very unfriendly. This is a place where you see a group of four teenagers beating up a homeless person in broad daylight and no one comes to stop it because the commuters have more important things to do - like going to work. This is a place where when they see a suicidal maniac on a rooftop - people down yell stupid coldhearted things like "Hey, you! If you want to die, hurry up! I want to see blood!!!" This is a place where if the police is on a crime scene, the people in the cars yell at the police, "can't you move that corpse to the side!? I've got an important business meeting and you guys are causing traffic!!!"

So, the point I am trying to say is that - if you want to come to Japan, think hard on where you want to develop your Japanese skills. If you want true culture and kindness of strangers, I suggest rural areas. You are far less bound to find English help in rural communities than urban areas, but that is the whole point. Without any English help, you will be forced to learn Japanese for survival. And though it may sound like "shock treatment," I believe that is way better than coming here, living in Tokyo, and seeing the darkness of Japanese people due to rapid urbanization.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 22:37   Link #12
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
I dare you commute through rush-hour and jammed packed train stations with occasional "oh, I'm sorry, the train will be running slow because we had ANOTHER person who committed suicide by jumping in front of the train several stations back."
It is sad for the person... but there was no need for this person to danger other people with his commitment of suicide. Thatswhy I don't like this kind of suiciders, far more bad are the ones who drive in the wrong direction on highways.

Quote:
People are very friendly in rural areas. It really makes me wonder what has happened to the Japanese urbanites' kindness and hearts. When I go visit my grandmother in rural Chiba Prefecture, people are friendly - when I have a big suitcase and need to carry this huge luggage over a long stairs up and down, three people ran up to me and kind enough to help me out - from the goodness of their hearts. If I accidently bump into someone in the local supermarket, we both apologize from the bottom of our hearts. Only in rural areas have I seen actual care and kindness from strangers.
Well that I'll have to remember. I like kind people ^^.

Quote:
But, as I make the assumption it is similar to other metropolitan areas, urban people are very unfriendly. This is a place where you see a group of four teenagers beating up a homeless person in broad daylight and no one comes to stop it because the commuters have more important things to do - like going to work. This is a place where when they see a suicidal maniac on a rooftop - people down yell stupid coldhearted things like "Hey, you! If you want to die, hurry up! I want to see blood!!!" This is a place where if the police is on a crime scene, the people in the cars yell at the police, "can't you move that corpse to the side!? I've got an important business meeting and you guys are causing traffic!!!"
I did not realize it that bad here (germany). Maybe we lag some supersized metropolitan areas ^_^'

Quote:
So, the point I am trying to say is that - if you want to come to Japan, think hard on where you want to develop your Japanese skills. If you want true culture and kindness of strangers, I suggest rural areas. You are far less bound to find English help in rural communities than urban areas, but that is the whole point. Without any English help, you will be forced to learn Japanese for survival. And though it may sound like "shock treatment," I believe that is way better than coming here, living in Tokyo, and seeing the darkness of Japanese people due to rapid urbanization.
I thought so too... well not so extreme, but I thought when I want to learn about the true japanese spirit I need to go to rural area, far away from a westernized metropolitan area. But I like big towns too... thatswhy I would prefer to see both. Well first I need an employer who's company has branches in japan. Otherwise it is almost impossible to live there and learn nihon go (japanese daily life is known to be very expensive).
Old 2004-03-07, 22:57   Link #13
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth
The real world of Japan because you can actually learn more about Japanese culture that way and their culture is pretty interesting to me so no need to alter it. One more thing, are you talking anime that takes place in these realities or do you mean in RL?

the real world i meant ^_^
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-08, 11:21   Link #14
xxziggybitsxx

Send a message via AIM to xxziggybitsxx Send a message via MSN to xxziggybitsxx Send a message via Yahoo to xxziggybitsxx
This is soo funny that you ask this question, because i think about it all the time. I ask random people that question, and they all give me the same answer (o_O).

I would deffenitly go into the anime world. Even if it is harder then the real world, and there is i Deffinite higher risk of dieing, i would deffinitly love to try it out, because unlike our world, the anime world would have no boundrys and limit.. OR that how i see it working out...

Beside with this question, i also like to think, what would you look like as an anime charictar. So i go around drawing people as anime charictar..

anime
xxziggybitsxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-08, 22:08   Link #15
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

I think the world of Maburaho would be a nice place to live
If you don't mind some collateral damage, Mamotte Shugogetten's world would be nice as well
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 12:17   Link #16
Fate21
Kiyu~

Yeah, i agree. Anime world is more daring and i love challenges more than to live in the same old boring world
And sometimes i love its differents like have some kind of unique power
Fate21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 14:35   Link #17
Hs Vi Germania
Please call me "senpai":)
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Hs Vi Germania
The anime world of Japan because the real one is too stressy to me.
Old 2009-07-23, 01:04   Link #18
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Anime world, 'nuff said.
Old 2009-07-23, 02:04   Link #19
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
definately the anime world of Japan but only if i was a "main character" in the action that was going on it would be awesome all day every day
Old 2009-07-23, 03:41   Link #20
Gordy Lechance

Anime world, hands down.

Dangerous, maybe, but well worth the prize.

Romantic Genre: Where having a good and decent heart is enough for you to be loved for who you are, without being forced to change into something you hate or are uncomfortable with? Bring it!!

Post Apocalyptic World (AKA Fist Of The Norht Star): To be a beacon of hope, kindness and decency in a world gone mad.

Martial Arts: A world where a man can freely and proudly be the WARRIOR he is BORN to be without forcefully made to be ashamed of his nature by the hypocrisy of "political correctness" and feminism.

Bring the anime world ON!!