AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-03-06, 00:41   Link #441
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
All right, mate.

Meanwhile, on Kyon-chan: Can I have a short summary on her mental processing style?
Well... basically, a lot like Kyon, but softer and less blunt in tone. Still sarcastic, just nicer about it. If that makes sense.

She, like the "real" Haruhi, is somewhat sick of "ordinary" guys... mostly disillusioned that no guy she's ever known has met her idea of the "handsome prince" thing...

Yes, this isn't really a summary of mental processing. I figured I'd just write and see what comes out of it.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 00:41   Link #442
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Meanwhile, on Kyon-chan: Can I have a short summary on her mental processing style?
Kyon-chan's one that grew up with shoujo-esque fairy tales as a little kid, but tried to grow out of them a bit too quickly. She's got a "tsundere" sort of nature, but that's mostly due to her still wishing for that knight in shining armor to sweep her off her feet.

Something along those lines? I think Kaisos has it more figured out than I do. Or I dunno.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 00:42   Link #443
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Kyonko is like Kagami in another word huh.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 00:44   Link #444
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Kyonko is like Kagami in another word huh.
I guess that's the most logical comparison yeah. But Kagami's got it easy. No guys in sight as far as romance in Lucky Star is concerned.

Kyon-chan's got a guy. He's pretty good looking. He's even got redeeming princely qualities. But he's also a hot blooded nutjob.

Old 2008-03-06, 00:45   Link #445
MistaYoH

http://i26.tinypic.com/b8uiw.jpg

Work in progress...... =) Huge pic...
MistaYoH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 00:46   Link #446
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaYoH View Post
http://i26.tinypic.com/b8uiw.jpg

Work in progress...... =) Huge pic...
That's an impressive first post.

Old 2008-03-06, 00:46   Link #447
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Kyon-chan's one that grew up with shoujo-esque fairy tales as a little kid, but tried to grow out of them a bit too quickly. She's got a "tsundere" sort of nature, but that's mostly due to her still wishing for that knight in shining armor to sweep her off her feet.

Something along those lines? I think Kaisos has it more figured out than I do. Or I dunno.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Kyon-chan's got a guy. He's pretty good looking. He's even got redeeming princely qualities. But he's also a hot blooded nutjob.
"Hot-blooded nutjob"... going to be so much fun to write...
Old 2008-03-06, 00:47   Link #448
MistaYoH

Been watching the thread for the morning.... I'll continue on this after lunch or something =)

BTW, i used to call her Fyon chan before i heard people calling her Kyonko..... sad i prefer Fyon ==> Female + Kyon = Fyon
Old 2008-03-06, 00:52   Link #449
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

@MistaYoH: I am curious about whether or not if you work straight with just path tool or do you use a tablet as well, or do you sketch out image before putting into photoshop? I can never seem to get the 'tracing lines' or the 'border lines' just right.

Really liking how your blemishes are drawn! The way how each layer blends atop each other is sweet and not very pronounced at all. Eyes are spot on and clean, and the characters do have an essence in their eyes.

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2008-03-06, 00:54   Link #450
MistaYoH

The lineart is pencil..... But yes i'm using a lousy tablet..... not even US$70

Thanks for the compliments =)
Old 2008-03-06, 01:17   Link #451
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Only around 48 hours passed and i have to read from page 8
We may need several different topics to discuss characters, storyline, fan art,....... seperately. Otherwise the floods will make it hard to reply =]

Back to the topic

I still not satisfy with where Haruki is heading. Some facts (as i remember), which might contradict with what Haruki seemed appeared to be up to now:
- He is stunningly cool, handsome (when he is quiet), that make Kyon(-ko) even lose her sense and start the conversation with (as a girl) as soon as she have chance.
- He is almost completely anti-social, who do not talk much with any one(and refer to them as items), especially girl. The only girls whom he communicate with is Kyon-ko and Itsuki. And only when he need something from them (or appeared to need something from them).
- He show no interest in girl and treat them as same level with potato. This make him almost immune to romantic, or gender related topic( which only change later when he with Kyon-ko)
- His original goal is searching and experiencing something extraordinary/fun. And this come from the time he went to the baseball court and see how his fun life was just so normal like everyone.
- Everytime he is unsure of something he ask Kyon-ko and respect her points sometime
- Chapter 1 revolve around how Haruki failed miserably in her searching for fun stuffs, feel melancholy and want to carry Kyon-ko with him too a new world.

PS: Btw, last time I wrote "in English please" is just a joke, mean to say "please describe it in words, do not assume that i can understand every single words you say"

Edit1: how can Kyon-ko agree to go to Yuki's apartment btw? He abduct her or something? Any1 have a suitable answer yet?
Old 2008-03-06, 01:21   Link #452
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Only around 48 hours passed and i have to read from page 8
We may need several different topics to discuss characters, storyline, fan art,....... seperately. Otherwise the floods will make it hard to reply =]

Back to the topic

I still not satisfy with where Haruki is heading. Some facts (as i remember), which might contradict with what Haruki seemed appeared to be up to now:
- He is stunningly cool, handsome (when he is quiet), that make Kyon(-ko) even lose her sense and start the conversation with (as a girl) as soon as she have chance.
- He is almost completely anti-social, who do not talk much with any one(and refer to them as items), especially girl. The only girls whom he communicate with is Kyon-ko and Itsuki. And only when he need something from them (or appeared to need something from them).
- He show no interest in girl and treat them as same level with potato. This make him almost immune to romantic, or gender related topic( which only change later when he with Kyon-ko)
- His original goal is searching and experiencing something extraordinary/fun. And this come from the time he went to the baseball court and see how his fun life was just so normal like everyone.
- Everytime he is unsure of something he ask Kyon-ko and respect her points sometime
- Chapter 1 revolve around how Haruki failed miserably in her searching for fun stuffs, feel melancholy and want to carry Kyon-ko with him too a new world.

PS: Btw, last time I wrote "in English please" is just a joke, mean to say "please describe it in words, do not assume that i can understand every single words you say"
The whole thing about girls... we kinda decided that he'd be sort of a skirt-chaser...
Old 2008-03-06, 01:22   Link #453
Jintor

If somebody wants to hand me any particular section to Genderbend I'd be happy to take a shot atm. I found a hole in my schedule.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 01:24   Link #454
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
If somebody wants to hand me any particular section to Genderbend I'd be happy to take a shot atm. I found a hole in my schedule.
You could edit my Prologue and my Chapter One when I'm done with it, if you have the time.

Sorry if I seem rude, it's late...
Old 2008-03-06, 01:27   Link #455
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
The whole thing about girls... we kinda decided that he'd be sort of a skirt-chaser...
I read about it, but i don't think it 's a good idea through.
Haruhi appear to be interested by strange things only (and later by Kyon..... a bit..... maybe.....). That's why she annoyed when spending days without Kyon and can't find anything during her patrolling.
What about Haruki? Can't spend time with Kyon, can't find any strange things, and couldn't find any girls suit his taste?

Sound like every typical male character to me =X

PS: every1 have different time zone through ^^
Old 2008-03-06, 01:33   Link #456
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
I read about it, but i don't think it 's a good idea through.
Haruhi appear to be interested by strange things only (and later by Kyon..... a bit..... maybe.....). That's why she annoyed when spending days without Kyon and can't find anything during her patrolling.
What about Haruki? Can't spend time with Kyon, can't find any strange things, and couldn't find any girls suit his taste?

Sound like every typical male character to me =X
Typical male characters in anime are worthless, castrated snots like Yuji Sakai.

If were are able to make Haruki sufficiently GAR, funny, and awesome, people will like him. Simple enough.
Old 2008-03-06, 01:41   Link #457
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

But one is anime, another is novel. Isn't it too risky to base the chance of success on reader's emotion ?

Especially when we may fail to describe Haruki to readers as what we want him to be that way.
Old 2008-03-06, 01:46   Link #458
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
But one is anime, another is novel. Isn't it too risky to base the chance of success on reader's emotion ?

Especially when we may fail to describe Haruki to readers as what we want him to be that way.
I... I just... orz.

Look, just let me write. It'll be fine in the end.

Besides, all I'm really doing is rewriting the base that Tanigawa has given us. We're basing this off his successful formula.

And what's this about success and failure anyway? We're not selling anything here.
Old 2008-03-06, 01:47   Link #459
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Even Haruhi is hotblooded GAR as a female. Making Haruki as GARuhi is a logical 2nd nature.

"Kyon! Hear this, you know about burning moe and the cute moe?"
What now this time... whatever I say will go in one ear and out the other with this nutcase
I guess... o what was it... turn-on?
"Jeez! Moe! Moe! Things that set your blood boiling, Kyon. Whether it'd be a really cute girl wearing thongs, a neko maid, a man bigger than the world, or the sound of brotherly combination, moe is supposed to leave you too pumped up to do anything but to bask in the glory of the moment!"
Someone's getting pumped. O well... There goes Haruki's cognitive abilities. It's hard enough to talk to him when his mind's intact...

"Look, Kyon. I dun care if you really do have a drill physically or not. Your drill's in your heart, hear me? That drill's the one that shall pierce the heavens! Say it with me! Pierce the heavens! Nothing can stop the SOS Brigade! No Student government, not Okabe, not anything!"

O snap. I need to think of something to answer him fast...

"... Go SOS Brigade~"
"I told you, Kyon! Moe! Moe! Burning passion of manliness in this case!"

Does it occur to me that I am not a man, Haruki?

"Kyon, you'd better change your ways now, or it's never...."
sigh...
"Do this with me! Gattai! Kyou Gattai!"

I WILL NOT GATTAI WITH YOU, SUZUMIYA HARUKI. Even if I will have to go to the depths of the 18 levels of hell itself, I won't sink to that. No... way...
And how did this conversation go from moe to gattai?

Old 2008-03-06, 01:48   Link #460
shaoron
AQS representative

what the hell!?
i've been gone to work for around 6 hours and you guys added 5-6 pages!?

THIS IS MADNESS!!!!

PS...
to the person who wants to call male asahina-san "minoru"
do you SERIOUSLY want to call him Minoru!?
THINK ABOUT IT! WE ALREADY HAVE ONE WASUREMONO!
ONE IS ENOUGH!!!

maybe we could call the alternate asahina san (the one in intrigues) minoru.. MAYBE...
But never we gonna call such a trap like that MINORU!
it ruins the image... <_<

and speaking of which... i just had a crazy idea...

Asahina san is still a trap, right?
MEIDO ASAHINA MITSUURU!

we need one... NAO!
shaoron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan