AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-06-23, 18:46   Link #1
Princess_of_Hell
Being Felt Up My Skirt

Send a message via AIM to Princess_of_Hell
Gundam Seed Destiny

Sunrise registered two websites for Gundam Seed: Destiny

http://www.gundam-seed-destiny.net/
http://www.gundam-seed-d.net/
Princess_of_Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 18:55   Link #2
DukeGaladrien
Hopeless Baseball Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to DukeGaladrien
Interesting, now we just need them to actually make the websites

That way I can stare at the page and say "Man I wish I could read Japanese" hehe.

Can't wait for this next installment of Seed.
DukeGaladrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 19:04   Link #3
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Oh, so there's already another installment of GS coming out? Awesome. hehe.

Now if they'd just make a new season of Gundam Wing, I'd be stocked.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 20:20   Link #4
method

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Oh, so there's already another installment of GS coming out? Awesome. hehe.

Now if they'd just make a new season of Gundam Wing, I'd be stocked.
Rumors have Seed replacing Full Metal Alchemist. Now we just have to wait on official word from Bandai on the characters and of course new mobile suits.
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 21:38   Link #5
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

Send a message via AIM to Pepperidge Send a message via MSN to Pepperidge
That would make perfect sense, seeing as how they're both broadcasted on the same station.
Pepperidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 00:32   Link #6
Panon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperidge
That would make perfect sense, seeing as how they're both broadcasted on the same station.
Not just the station, FMA took over SEED's timeslot when it ended.
Panon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 02:39   Link #7
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panon
Not just the station, FMA took over SEED's timeslot when it ended.
Well, if that's true, then it would only be logical that when FMA ends, Seed 2 would come in.
Old 2004-06-24, 07:40   Link #8
Silver_Scorcher

Hmm. The initial rumor was that Inu Yasha would end this fall, and SEED 2 would take over its time slot. Anyways, Gundam fans rejoice! The wait is over, and while this isn't an official announcement, this is the closest thing we've had to an offical announcement about this. No doubt, Newtype Japan will have an artical about this in there next issue. Well, if your a Gundam fan and you live in the U.S or Canada, your gonna get a shit-load of Gundam coming your way this fall. The Zeta Gundam DVD set, Gundam F-91, the Gundam SEED DVD's and SEED Destiny. Tis a good time to be a Gundam fan . Now, how much do you wanna bet that Bandai will license it the second that it's announced.
Silver_Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 08:28   Link #9
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Scorcher
Now, how much do you wanna bet that Bandai will license it the second that it's announced.
It's more of a "how much do you want to bet that Bandai will announce it being licensed", I think, and with luck, it'll be done quickly. You can then get the VCs in the studios and everyone working to get the episodes on television and for sale.

Not too likely, though, since the R2 DVDs normally will have to be made available first.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 08:50   Link #10
Silver_Scorcher

Well, when Gundam SEED was licensed, the initial rumors about a sequel had started up then. Bandai warned fansubbers then to stay away from SEED 2. But, licensing an anime before hand is pretty common nowadays, and I wouldn't be surprised if Bandai does so with Destiny. But, if they actually do, then yeah your right, we won't start getting the DVD's until well after R2 does. On top of that, SEED has to finish its initial run on CN and the DVD's as well, which won't finish until late next year or maybe even 2006. So from our stand-point, if Bandai licenses this when it first comes out, we won't get our official taste of it for a couple of years. But, not all fansubbers follow the rules so....
Old 2004-06-24, 09:26   Link #11
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
But, not all fansubbers follow the rules so....
Yeah, no doubt. Anywho, I don't think they're gonna take GS:D right away anyways. Why you might ask? Simple answer. They've already got plenty of Gundam stuff to keep us busy for a while and if they can't market it properly with the push still being on for GS, then most likely they'll wait at least another year. That's from a business point of view. I may be wrong and have been before, but it's kinda pointless to sit on a licence for two years or more that could make you some mad cash now. Especially if that licence just cost you a fat wad and you can't recover your costs right away. Seems pointless to me. Then again, when has most modern big time corporate execs made sence the last 5-10 years too. T_T
Old 2004-06-24, 10:22   Link #12
LynnieS

That's the kicker. Gundam is a big moneymaker with anime, manga, models, and games, and I really, really doubt that Bandai will even consider letting anyone else to take away the franchise without the other side shelling out some big bucks for the privilege. The last time I checked, Bandai is a big sponsor, no? Not much of a risk, if so, of their losing money on sitting on the license; you can model the transaction as a wash between the two business units pretty much... excluding the need to follow accounting rules and regulations, that is.

OTOH, if Bandai annouces early... I'd like to see if they give more than vague ideas and schedules inside. Silver_Scorcher's 2006 prediction sounds about right, IMHO.

Quote:
licensing an anime before hand is pretty common nowadays
Nice handle, BTW. Yup, it costs a lot of money to make and market a series; if anyone is interested, I believe kj1980 had posted something on it earlier, and AvatarADV and others had raised this several times. It makes sense to line up your financial backers beforehand to not run into problems later.

Just have to let the lawyers get their share first.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 10:40   Link #13
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Now that you mention it though, it's entirely possible that they may have the licence already, but won't announce that they have it for a while so as not to kick off the hype too soon. Why would they do that? Well, one big reason is from lessons learned by other franchises. If you kick off the hype too soon, it eventually dies from everyone getting tired of waiting for it to be released, then by the time the anime is actually released, most people have already spent their emotional allowance on the series before during the big hype rush and don't have much left over for the actual release. Most have learned that it's best to keep the hype and the release perty close together. You usually end up getting a much happier lot of viewers out of it.
Old 2004-06-24, 10:45   Link #14
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
They'll probably announce it in the latter part of SEED's run on CN, and will probably follow SEED with it immediately.

This would give Bandai and CN two years straight of new Gundam to show, and along with FMA starting up with all the other stuff they show, they're set for some time to come.
microlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 10:51   Link #15
husyk
Stupid Flanders! (Homer)

Send a message via MSN to husyk Send a message via Yahoo to husyk
Whenever the decide to air it, I sure hope they get better voice acting than what they had for GS. It's horrible, rather watch a fansubbed version than the licensed if it will have terrible voice acting.
husyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 14:23   Link #16
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
Well you can get the licensed release anyway, it'll have the Japanese audio and subtitles.
microlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 14:35   Link #17
Silver_Scorcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by husyk
Whenever the decide to air it, I sure hope they get better voice acting than what they had for GS. It's horrible, rather watch a fansubbed version than the licensed if it will have terrible voice acting.
Well, if it's a whole new cast, and my guess for the most part it is, then there will be a new set of VA's for SEED 2. IMO I'd expect the remaining Gundam pilots from SEED to be in the sequel with at the very least some kind of cameo. A very vague rumor is, that there will be a completely new protagonist in SEED: Destiny. If it's anything like the UC series before, expect Kira Yamato and Athrun Zala to be minor characters in the sequel.

While I admit, that so far the DUB for SEED isn't the greatest, I wouldn't lay all the blame on the VA's. Just about all of the VA's in SEED were used in Infinite Ryvius and I really like the DUB for that, although Brad Swaile over does it in this one. So in SEED's case, maybe the director of the DUB is to blame for the less than stellar DUB.
Old 2004-06-24, 17:57   Link #18
method

I would also expect some more changes besides the main characters. The director said that he was moving onto a new project and most likely taking his wife. The character designer is working on another title so he may not be able to contribute.
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 20:06   Link #19
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Well, when Gundam SEED was licensed, the initial rumors about a sequel had started up then. Bandai warned fansubbers then to stay away from SEED 2.
Yes, I remember that. The intial license anouncement seemed to say that Seed and it's sequel were both licensed because I remember many complianing that they would have to wait a year to see the end of Seed and then likely 3 years to get Seed 2. At this point, I'm just glad that there is a sequel and can care less if I have to wait a year or two to see the entire sequel.

Quote:
While I admit, that so far the DUB for SEED isn't the greatest, I wouldn't lay all the blame on the VA's. Just about all of the VA's in SEED were used in Infinite Ryvius and I really like the DUB for that, although Brad Swaile over does it in this one. So in SEED's case, maybe the director of the DUB is to blame for the less than stellar DUB.
That is my problem w/ the dub in a nutshell right there. The voices fit but lines are off (not the right emotion) in scenes. Take the last ep w/ the exchange between Athrun and Kira. Athrun seemed way too cold when he said he'd have to shoot Kira, and Kira seemed to be really pissed when he said his friends were on that ship.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 15:50   Link #20
Princess_of_Hell
Being Felt Up My Skirt

Send a message via AIM to Princess_of_Hell
FROM ANN:

posted on 2004-07-06 18:49:20
Gundam SEED Destiny to premiere in October

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At his panel at Anime Expo, voice actor Seki Tomokazu stated that he was working on a sequel to "very popular show." When fan reaction suggested that it might be Gundam SEED he merely winked and stated "Look forward to it."

Meanwhile, popular Japanese Internet web-forum 2ch has a thread documenting numerous Japanese magazines that have started to report on Gundam SEED Destiny. The reports come from the current issues of magazines such Newtype, Animage, Hobby Japan and Gundam Ace.

According to Gunota Headlines, which has the most complete English translation of the reports, Destiny takes place in CE 73, 2 years after the end of the war. They also report that Destiny is set to premiere on Japanese TV in October this year, replacing Fullmetal Alchemist.

An image of Gundam SEED Destiny's new Gundam, the ZGMF-X56S Impulse Gundam, along with the main characters, can be seen here (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/imag...undamSEED2.jpg)

Thanks to Keith for this Information
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Princess_of_Hell is offline   Reply With Quote