AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 26 9.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 3.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 3.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 5.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 3.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 14 4.96%
4 out of 10 : Poor 9 3.19%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 2.84%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 11 3.90%
1 out of 10 : Painful 167 59.22%
Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-23, 11:32   Link #101
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
... What second season?
...oh yes, because Kadokawa canceled second season...

It's the re-airing of Haruhi that people got their hopes up, but got their hopes crushed by the pile of epic fail called "Endless Eight." and we know how everyone feels...
Old 2009-07-23, 11:32   Link #102
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

From the screenshots I saw, the animation looks pretty good this episode.
Old 2009-07-23, 11:32   Link #103
Cai Calamigarde
Memento mori...

two words of advice for you, Kyoani (or Kadokawa):

"f*** ***"
Old 2009-07-23, 11:34   Link #104
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
However as far as I understand it, Kyoani don't make money off broadcasting their show. They make money selling DVD's. This entire marketing strategy goes directly against a strategy of selling DVD's, since over half the product you need to sell is something that the viewers may not all be willing to buy.
Question.

Kadokawa's the producer and KyoAni's the studio. Cool so far. But who gets money from the DVDs? Both of them through some sort of contract agreement? Just Kadokawa, who paid KyoAni to animate what they wanted them to animate? Just KyoAni, who has to pay Kadokawa for advertising/getting the word out? And most importantly, which one's in charge of deciding what to animate?
Old 2009-07-23, 11:36   Link #105
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
It still doesn't make any sense at this point though. Saying that Kadokawa isn't aware of the ill will this is causing... It's like... I suppose a merchant selling a governor a gun, then telling the governor to shoot himself in the foot, THEN use the goodwill the governor has with his constituents to claim that the wound caused wasn't painful, expecting the said constituents to buy guns from the merchant so they can shoot themselves in the foot as well.

The merchant in this case is Kadokawa, while the governor is KyoAni.
Old 2009-07-23, 11:37   Link #106
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
all i know is that if the last eps of this season (how ever few might be left) dont cure at least one type of cancer EACH (its kyoani, they still might be able to pull it off)
then this season has offcially became the biggest flop in years
Old 2009-07-23, 11:38   Link #107
Arrnea
Stormbringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
From the screenshots I saw, the animation looks pretty good this episode.
It is. I'm watching it now. Animation looks awesome. Possibly the best we've seen so far in the new episodes.
Old 2009-07-23, 11:39   Link #108
Dr. Casey

*sigh*

That rumor really had my hopes raised, too. I guess I'll refrain from voting a 1 until watching the episode, but God damn it anyway.
Old 2009-07-23, 11:39   Link #109
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Question.

Kadokawa's the producer and KyoAni's the studio. Cool so far. But who gets money from the DVDs?
If there's a God in this world, no one, as there will be no money to distribute from this mess.
Old 2009-07-23, 11:40   Link #110
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
I think the fact that the season will only have Sigh's in it qualifies as failure in most peoples minds.
I think most fans would take Sigh over E8 anyday, now.
Old 2009-07-23, 11:40   Link #111
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
You can't vote anyway, the poll's closed.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-07-23, 11:40   Link #112
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
However as far as I understand it, Kyoani don't make money off broadcasting their show. They make money selling DVD's. This entire marketing strategy goes directly against a strategy of selling DVD's, since over half the product you need to sell is something that the viewers may not all be willing to buy.
They also make their money off of CDs and all sorts of other merchandise. I mean, let's not over-think this. Let's say they up and decide not to sell these episodes on DVD at all -- would it be any more or less crazy? They made enough money on the first season that they can afford to blow away money if they feel like it. The question is really whether people will be back when the actual second season airs.

Quote:
Question.

Kadokawa's the producer and KyoAni's the studio. Cool so far. But who gets money from the DVDs? Both of them through some sort of contract agreement? Just Kadokawa, who paid KyoAni to animate what they wanted them to animate? Just KyoAni, who has to pay Kadokawa for advertising/getting the word out? And most importantly, which one's in charge of deciding what to animate?
Kadokawa is also the publisher, the distributor, and the rights-holder, so the ball is squarely in their court. I'm sure that the animation production team has some say, but ultimately the buck stops with Kadokawa. No matter whose idea it was, they're the ones paying the bill and taking the risk. Kyoto Animation can walk away from this and still have been paid for their time and effort. I suppose the only "loss" is any damage to their reputation that results, if any.
Old 2009-07-23, 11:41   Link #113
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
CRAZY EDDIE! You are all crazy eddie!

Don't you realize that your deranged optimism only makes the cycles worse?
But it's kinda fun trying to guess when it's going to end.............. Or so I keep telling myself.

Time to start believing in the 8 episode theory!
Old 2009-07-23, 11:42   Link #114
Sho-tan
Seitenkan's Shota

Mikuru's Yukata has goldfish on it... I think. At least, that's what it looks like.
Old 2009-07-23, 11:42   Link #115
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
You can't vote anyway, the poll's closed.
Oh yeah.
Old 2009-07-23, 11:43   Link #116
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

There's also the August 31st theory too.

At any rate, some have already called it a moment that takes everyone to Evangelion.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2009-07-23, 11:44   Link #117
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Kadokawa is also the publisher, the distributor, and the rights-holder, so the ball is squarely in their court. I'm sure that the animation production team has some say, but ultimately the buck stops with Kadokawa. No matter whose idea it was, they're the ones paying the bill and taking the risk. Kyoto Animation can walk away from this and still have been paid for their time and effort.
Good; I'm gonna paint the problem on Kadokawa and continue to fanboy over not let my admiration for KyoAni drop.
Old 2009-07-23, 11:44   Link #118
SealkidHaruhiism
Haruhi Suzumiya rules!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
...oh yes, because Kadokawa canceled second season...

It's the re-airing of Haruhi that people got their hopes up, but got their hopes crushed by the pile of epic fail called "Endless Eight." and we know how everyone feels...
If its canceled, why did they advertise Disappearances a lot?
Old 2009-07-23, 11:45   Link #119
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
At any rate, some have already called it a moment that takes everyone to Evangelion.
I was part of the first generation of EVA fans, darn it, I still REMEMBER the arguments then. Ye Gods... That was amazing and at the same time horrifying, and I hope I don't see a repeat with Haruhi.
Old 2009-07-23, 11:45   Link #120
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Most company that's in the "production committee" will get money from the DVDs. They're usually credited as "Production" (製作) and hold a copyright to the series which I'm sure KyoAni is one of them. ("SOS-dan" in case of Haruhi.) The person responsible for deciding which to animate is probably most of the main production staffs (Planner, Director, Producer and Writers.)
Closed Thread