AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-08-01, 03:08   Link #981
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion

Got my copy of Monster Hunter 3 today... while my Wii is on the other side of the world. I'm really looking forward to having a play with it, too, but it'll have to wait until the end of the month. At least it was a lot cheaper to get while I'm here.

Much to my surprise though the controller is actually really comfortable. I didn't think that much of it from the pictures, but having actually held the thing it's well designed indeed.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 19:06   Link #982
Kytherno
12th Supernova

I'm hyped for all of the games from E3, except Super Mario Wii. They already did it for the DS, and from the looks of it, they're not bringing much to the table. Co-op and two new powerups are okay, but not worth the money, IMO. Besides, one of the powerups is sort of a rip off of the flower flame.

The new Metroid game looks sweet, but, it is being made from the company known to make womens' boobs have crazy movements. So I dunno if they're gonna try to fit that in somewhere. But i do like the fact that it's not just the gun any longer. It's physical beat downs with a gun. Although, it being in 3rd person will limit awesome viewpoints, like I saw in Metroid Prime Corruption (Falling down a hole while blasting at Ridley).

Final Fantasy looks awesome so far. The one thing I'm glad about is that it's not all chibi-ish. I was hoping for a FF with some good graphics on the wii. I just hope they don't use much motion sensory for the attacks.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 seems cool, although i still havent gotten the first (The price hasn't gone down). I've played a little of the first at Gamestop, but, not much.

Wii Sports Resort is definitely the next Wii game I buy.

The new Zelda game is the one game i didn't get to look at it much. Phantom Hourglass seemed to get boring after a while, i hope they try and fix that.
Kytherno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 22:00   Link #983
Yamada
Minori Fanboy

I picked up Wii Sports Resort a few days ago, and have mixed feelings. I wasn't expecting a whole lot of depth from the game, so if all you're looking for is short party games then it's a pretty good buy. Single player isn't anything amazing (most games only last a couple of minutes, and some of them I wouldn't even classify as games), but like I said before multiplayer fun is where this game really shines. The stamp achievements do add a nice sense of replayability. But was it worth the money? Maybe, maybe not. You figure you're getting a MotionPlus accessory with it, which is $20 by itself, so Sports Resort on it's own is $30. Only a few of the games are really enticing, and some feel like the Wii Play games where it's simply there to show the capabilities of the MotionPlus accessory. I think a $40 price tag would have been nicer.

And come on Nintendo, where's my online play?
Yamada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 19:52   Link #984
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

To be honest, I'm much more interested in hearing how much much better Wii Motion Plus actually is.
Old 2009-08-18, 14:10   Link #985
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

its time for wii to drop their price, i mean ps3 is gonna be 299, and im expecting wii to be 149
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 09:51   Link #986
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

From $250 to $149? Aren't you being a tad optimistic there? If any price drop is going to happen, it's going to be to $200.
Old 2009-08-20, 13:58   Link #987
Sides

Biohazard Darkside Chronicles gamescon PV
find it under the movie selection.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 14:17   Link #988
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

One of the game that I wait the most on Wii :

Endless Ocean 2

Another one :

Who said Ico ?

And an interesting Wiiware :

Old 2009-08-29, 14:57   Link #989
Shadow Kira01

How To Install The Homebrew Channel On Your Wii

Aside from the fact that the Wii is getting a price drop, it also appears that this "Homebrew Channel" is getting popular. Unfortunately, this still isn't enough to encourage me to get the Wii instead of the luxurious-looking PS3 80GB model, not to mention that the majority of the RPGs I like all appear on the PS3. Oh well..
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 23:46   Link #990
Kytherno
12th Supernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
How To Install The Homebrew Channel On Your Wii

Aside from the fact that the Wii is getting a price drop, it also appears that this "Homebrew Channel" is getting popular. Unfortunately, this still isn't enough to encourage me to get the Wii instead of the luxurious-looking PS3 80GB model, not to mention that the majority of the RPGs I like all appear on the PS3. Oh well..
The Homebrew channel is getting vastly popular, mainly because of the discovery of Bannerbomb (cause it's free, unlike the Twilight Princess hack) . Being able to hack a wii with a simple SD card and very easy instructions, is a majorly good thing. Especially for pirates.

(And for those who don't know about Homebrew channel is..Read on)

And I figure it's worth it.

I myself have been exploring possibilities with that, downloading several apps, and found out how to get several different cool things running, like SNES, NES, GBA, N64, PSX, and Colecovision emulators. I can finally catch up on the good ol' games i never got a chance to play.

Backup launcher is one of the best reasons. I've broken several games, and this protects against that.

And I can even get One Piece running on my wii. +

The one terrible thing about using Homebrew The chance of being bricked. If you make a backup of a game without using a Brickblocker, there's a chance you get bricked (Wii becomes unusable). Although there is a solution.

I'd easily suggest it to anyone. I've even checked to see if it's easy to get caught, and the main answer is "No, unless your stupid enough to install homebrew channel and send it in for a repair (w/out removing it first)"

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Iwata(Nintendo Pres.)
"At present, we're not thinking of doing anything with the price,"
Kytherno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 12:44   Link #991
Sides

For people who haven't heard about it: Opera, aka Internet Channel, is for free now. People who paid for it will receive 500pts credit, valid for a NES game only. BTW apparently it uses flash lite 3.1 now, which means it should support apps up to flash 8.
Old 2009-09-02, 10:56   Link #992
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

A video of the Wiiware : Lost Winds - Winter of the Melodias :

Old 2009-09-05, 04:56   Link #993
Sides

Some new Tales of Grace screens on famitsu, introducting the two new characters, Pasukaru and Mariku Shizaasu(?).

NMH: DS video on gametrailers video 1, video 2 and some impressions on the game over on kotaku

It is actually nice to how good a game can look like if the devs put some efforts to it.

Last edited by Sides; 2009-09-05 at 05:08.
Old 2009-09-05, 13:34   Link #994
Narona
Emotionless White Face

There's no Wii Sport Resort thread

Too bad. I have to say that it is a great game
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 14:07   Link #995
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytherno View Post
I myself have been exploring possibilities with that, downloading several apps, and found out how to get several different cool things running, like SNES, NES, GBA, N64, PSX, and Colecovision emulators. I can finally catch up on the good ol' games i never got a chance to play.
I've had homebrew for close to a year now, playing all those old ROMs is amazing and so nostalgic. I mean, I've used the computer for it before but it is so much better this way.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 11:54   Link #996
Sides

Biohazard Darkside Chronicles HP update.
Operation Javier added, basically the story how Leon and Jack tackles the biohazard outbreak in South America. Check the movies section, look for prologue 2, the last section of the PV show some new footage of the new South America levels, which looks like RE5 recycled, but then again RE5 looks like RE4 recycled...
Old 2009-09-17, 16:05   Link #997
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I tried some video that required Flash 8 or higher and surpassingly enough, when trying to play the video, a message shown up that it was out of memory and that the page disappeared. This is may be because the system doesn't come with alot of memory, but it should be able to play a simple video...

With the Playstation 3 which have Flash 9 support, I can play the video without any problem, although the browser isn't as great as the Wii. The main problem is, you can't just view any website since the Wii only came with 88MB of memory which is low in today's standards.
Old 2009-09-18, 15:49   Link #998
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

When I got that message with another Flash movie, I zoomed out to 100% and reloaded the page. Worked fine after that.
Old 2009-09-19, 13:24   Link #999
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
I tried some video that required Flash 8 or higher and surpassingly enough, when trying to play the video, a message shown up that it was out of memory and that the page disappeared. This is may be because the system doesn't come with alot of memory, but it should be able to play a simple video...

With the Playstation 3 which have Flash 9 support, I can play the video without any problem, although the browser isn't as great as the Wii. The main problem is, you can't just view any website since the Wii only came with 88MB of memory which is low in today's standards.
Oh wow, I don't know where you got your information from.

The wii's browser currently supports up to date flash.

And the Wii internal memory is 512mb not 88, I don't know where you got your numbers from. Also now you can expand the memory with an SD card with the up to date firmware update. So the Wii's storage memory can be as big as an SD card you put in it.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 13:30   Link #1000
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Oh wow, I don't know where you got your information from.

The wii's browser currently supports up to date flash.

And the Wii internal memory is 512mb not 88, I don't know where you got your numbers from. Also now you can expand the memory with an SD card with the up to date firmware update. So the Wii's storage memory can be as big as an SD card you put in it.
I think he means RAM memory.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
console, wii