AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 93 45.81%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 36 17.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 5.91%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.49%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.99%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-04, 02:59   Link #301
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
Sort of, but not exactly the major part of the reason. Looking back at ep.1, it goes like this...

1) Yuri told him the "facts" about this world. Doesn't believe, walked to Tenshi.

2) Tenshi said the same thing for the most part, other than countering that she's not Tenshi and not mentioning anything about disappearance. Doesn't believe, followed by stab.

3) Noda 100-combo him to death. (more scary than Tenshi I would say...)

4) When Otonashi woke up again, he just wanted to GTFO. But Yuri convinced him to stay by saying he could be reincarnated as some low-life being if he chose to disappear.
It's a combination of 'not telling enough' and 'acting like the enemy.' When someone tells you that a person is the enemy, and said person stabs you shortly afterwards, their words tend to carry more weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
After this episode:

1. Kanade is ADORABLE.

2. Yuri and the SSS WERE being assholes, but they weren't being malicious. They were just being IDIOTS. The evil you know is better then the evil you don't. They should have known that even IF Tenshi was no longer Student President, someone else would have taken her place. And Nazi-Bro is probably 100 times worse then Kanade. He does look good in that hat, though.
They didn't even know what was going to happen at all, much less that she would be fired over it. As for El Presidente taking over, remember, as far as they were concerned Tenshi was only the president because she was an angel. That El Presidente would carry just as much, if not more weight wasn't even part of their calculations.
Old 2010-05-04, 05:35   Link #302
kyosak
poo

I didn't realize how small Tenshi's frame was until this episode.

Sort of adds to the cute factor IMO, haha.
Old 2010-05-04, 05:42   Link #303
maplehurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko
It's a combination of 'not telling enough' and 'acting like the enemy.' When someone tells you that a person is the enemy, and said person stabs you shortly afterwards, their words tend to carry more weight.
Oh ya, talk about being lucky. "Wow Tenshi just stabbed him, nice timing !" If Otonashi's asking for proof from Yuri instead, what would she have done? Shoot Hinata maybe.

And Noda getting knocked out when Yuri's getting Otonashi to join, otherwise it might not be so smooth.

Last edited by maplehurry; 2010-05-04 at 06:21.
Old 2010-05-04, 06:43   Link #304
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanadeYuri View Post
If Kanade doesn't know what's going on, and Yuri doesn't know what's going on, than... forget what that world exists for, who is the bad guy? :O
there isn't bad guy in every story, sometimes there's only mistakes and misunderstanding.
Old 2010-05-04, 06:44   Link #305
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
there isn't bad guy in every story, sometimes there's only mistakes and misunderstanding.
Maybe the world itself is the antagonist?
Old 2010-05-04, 07:00   Link #306
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I'm with ninryu on this, there's a good chance that there is no antagonist at all, and that most of the show is about the SSS quest to look for this non-existent enemy to blame for all their mishaps.
Old 2010-05-04, 07:26   Link #307
Kafriel
Senior Guest

But Yurippe is dead-set on finding God or at least someone to put the blame on for everything...also what kind of ending would it be, "there is no God"? Talk about dark...
Old 2010-05-04, 07:27   Link #308
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Even if there is a God, that doesn't necessarily mean God is the antagonist. Only that Yuri thinks God is the antagonist.
Old 2010-05-04, 08:14   Link #309
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I'm with ninryu on this, there's a good chance that there is no antagonist at all, and that most of the show is about the SSS quest to look for this non-existent enemy to blame for all their mishaps.
Actually if you read the first few pages of the novel, Yuri (and probably the rest of the SSS) is looking for the one who set up this place. And since she assumed (and pretty much everyone would agree at this also) only God who can create a world after life. Therefore may as well give him a good beating for giving her a miserable life.

Yuri didn't blindly look for someone to blame on. She looked for the ultimate being who can create such world. Tell me the chance that a world after dead is created by a non-existent thing.
Old 2010-05-04, 08:24   Link #310
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Actually if you read the first few pages of the novel, Yuri (and probably the rest of the SSS) is looking for the one who set up this place. And since she assumed (and pretty much everyone would agree at this also) only God who can create a world after life. Therefore may as well give him a good beating for giving her a miserable life.

Yuri didn't blindly look for someone to blame on. She looked for the ultimate being who can create such world. Tell me the chance that a world after dead is created by a non-existent thing.
If that is the case, then the creator of this place must be too bored with its existance to have created such a world. Not only is it morbid, but it's eccentric to say the least...
Old 2010-05-04, 08:48   Link #311
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post

If you can accept that the universe itself might not have a god, why should the afterlife be created by one? I mentioned Buddhism before, for example.

... Actually, I'm sure we can create a fairly successful thread speculating on the nature of this afterlife, so putting that aside for a moment, the search for this god who might not even exist is what I meant when I said that most of the series would be about the 'quest to look for this non-existent enemy to blame for all their mishaps.'

That, and with the lack of a god to yell at, their main 'opponent' became Tenshi, now that Tenshi is no longer an opponent, El Presidente rises to the scene and becomes the new 'opponent.'
Old 2010-05-04, 09:17   Link #312
KanadeYuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
yeah, but if it's only mistakes and misunderstandings, than the whole thing has no reason to intresting. there has to be SOMETHING they need to fight agaist besides disappearing since that can't be helped.
Old 2010-05-04, 09:29   Link #313
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Can it? Or is disappearing actually a good thing, and this is all about the inner conflict that prevents it?

...Too obvious.
Old 2010-05-04, 09:33   Link #314
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
If you can accept that the universe itself might not have a god, why should the afterlife be created by one? I mentioned Buddhism before, for example.

... Actually, I'm sure we can create a fairly successful thread speculating on the nature of this afterlife, so putting that aside for a moment, the search for this god who might not even exist is what I meant when I said that most of the series would be about the 'quest to look for this non-existent enemy to blame for all their mishaps.'

That, and with the lack of a god to yell at, their main 'opponent' became Tenshi, now that Tenshi is no longer an opponent, El Presidente rises to the scene and becomes the new 'opponent.'
Because the universe is hold up by certain law like "law of conservation of mass", when that world does not
I means before the human race can explain the universe with scientific theory, they all believe in God, didn't they?

If Yuri want to have someone to yell at, then she can target Tenshi and Hinata to throw up all her frustration. However since she have already done with that, now she probably have to get something higher, doesn't she?
Remember that her comrades won't simple let her straying out of her path like that.
Old 2010-05-04, 09:37   Link #315
KanadeYuri

Wikipedia says the anime has only 13 episodes O.o
Old 2010-05-04, 09:38   Link #316
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Can it? Or is disappearing actually a good thing, and this is all about the inner conflict that prevents it?
It most probably is, but what I do have a question is that; why aren't older people in this 'afterlife'? So could it mean that not all of them are at the same age when they physically died?
Old 2010-05-04, 09:40   Link #317
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post

...Too obvious.
Sometimes, hiding in plain sight can net you the best surprise.

Quote:
Because the universe is hold up by certain law like "law of conservation of mass", when that world does not
I means before the human race can explain the universe with scientific theory, they all believe in God, didn't they?
*points again to Buddhism*

Quote:
If Yuri want to have someone to yell at, then she can target Tenshi and Hinata to throw up all her frustration. However since she have already done with that, so now she probably have to get something higher, doesn't she?
Right now the main thing to yell at seems to be El Presidente, what comes after that remains to be seen.
Old 2010-05-04, 09:49   Link #318
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Sometimes, hiding in plain sight can net you the best surprise.
*points again to Buddhism*
Right now the main thing to yell at seems to be El Presidente, what comes after that remains to be seen.
You can't expect everyone to believe in all Buddhism concept through. I means: can you blame anyone if they believe a God created that world instead?

Btw, you haven't seen Yuri "yell at" or throw her frustration at someone, haven't you? Because if you did, you will knows that you are off target
All sort of people in SSS and they all affected Yuri decision. So don't have to worry that everything Yuri or the SSS did is out of revenge

PS: Ah yeah, my bad, let me modify my line then:
Quote:
I means before the human race can explain the universe with scientific or philosophic theory, they all believe in God, didn't they?

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2010-05-04 at 10:06.
Old 2010-05-04, 10:20   Link #319
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
It most probably is, but what I do have a question is that; why aren't older people in this 'afterlife'? So could it mean that not all of them are at the same age when they physically died?
who wants tog o back to High school?

If i died and end in High School I would think i just landed in hell.

adults probably go to a different place.
Old 2010-05-04, 11:03   Link #320
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Seriously could they have fucked Tenshi any harder without so much as mentioning lube? I mean it wasn't enough to screw her over during the test and make her get a zero in al lthe subjects but they took her ticket for her favorite meal too when all the girl just wanted to do is drown her sorrows in her favorite dish. Plus thanks to their antics they managed to create an enemy whose going to be a thousand times worse than Tenshi was. Good job Yuri. I feel the worse for Tenshi right now the girl just seems to get the short end of the stick all the time. F you SSS and Otonashi you need grow a pair of stones dude. You obviously have pretty decent instincts why not act on them what are they going to do kill you

Still not happy with the animation during the concerts but im pretty much over it now.