AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-08-04, 21:03   Link #121
Vocah

If you watched the 1. episode after the opening (which was used as ending) you see that there is an easy way to check deaths -> player names are crossed out when dead on a monument or so
Vocah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 21:10   Link #122
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
If you watched the 1. episode after the opening (which was used as ending) you see that there is an easy way to check deaths -> player names are crossed out when dead on a monument or so
Ahh snap, that probably kills my theory then
Old 2012-08-04, 22:34   Link #123
Clarste
Human

An easier way would be for them to check their friends list. If they're dead then they would show up as "logged off" wouldn't they? Also, the first murder weapon was called a spear by the character.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 23:29   Link #124
n120cky

Well as non LN-reader here we go

Spoiler for A theory for eps 5 murder case:
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 09:29   Link #125
MyrzaelHanzo

My introduction to this forum:

This is probably only nit-picking but in entire scene of Kainsī death, I have never seen his HP bar. Kirito saw Diabelsī one when he died in ep 2, Silica + PKers saw unchanging one of Kirito, so there should not be any problem to see it when Kirito is looking up directly on him.

And just why is Kains in pain ? I was under impression that damage hurts you only superfically, else there would be many more deaths from players who froze from pain in middle of a fight.

So Kains was killed with some special sadistic weapon (but Grimrock is not pro blacksmith according to Egil so I do not think he could create something unique and Egil himself says he sees nothing special about weapon) ?

There is one interesting theory involving teleport crystals and just why Kains lost no HP...

Last edited by MyrzaelHanzo; 2012-08-05 at 11:19. Reason: I forgot to write the end, theory not conclusion
MyrzaelHanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 10:51   Link #126
Grey

First thought after seeing Yoruko's death: the weapons were shot from outside the No PK area.

If there's sleep-PK then there could be an exploit like that too. Killed on an upper floor by a dagger thrown(?) through a window? It's the only hypothesis that comes to mind. It could explain why Kains was hanging from a balcony too. To stop him at a spot where there's a clear shot.

No idea who the killer is though.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 11:08   Link #127
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
First thought after seeing Yoruko's death: the weapons were shot from outside the No PK area.

If there's sleep-PK then there could be an exploit like that too. Killed on an upper floor by a dagger thrown(?) through a window? It's the only hypothesis that comes to mind. It could explain why Kains was hanging from a balcony too. To stop him at a spot where there's a clear shot.

No idea who the killer is though.
The killer must be quite the marksman
Standing on a upper floor still classifies as being in town, so you shouldn't be able to injure a player with a simple throw skill.

How does it explain how Kains was hanging from the balcony? We see a rope tied to a wooden bar, obviously the killer must have bound it.
If I was the killer, I would have stabbed him with the weapon and then kicked him from the balcony. If I hanged him first, moved to a different location and then threw that spike at him, other players would have noticed Kains way before I reached my spot.
Old 2012-08-05, 11:17   Link #128
Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
The killer must be quite the marksman
Standing on a upper floor still classifies as being in town, so you shouldn't be able to injure a player with a simple throw skill.

How does it explain how Kains was hanging from the balcony? We see a rope tied to a wooden bar, obviously the killer must have bound it.
If I was the killer, I would have stabbed him with the weapon and then kicked him from the balcony. If I hanged him first, moved to a different location and then threw that spike at him, other players would have noticed Kains way before I reached my spot.
You shouldn't be able to kill them in town at all. The hypothesis is: it's a bug caused by starting the attack outside the No PK zone.

I agree the time used to hang Kains and move is a problem. There would have to be two killers working together.

I bet there's a simpler answer. But I don't know the exploit used so this is the best guess I have.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 16:38   Link #129
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyrzaelHanzo View Post
And just why is Kains in pain ? I was under impression that damage hurts you only superfically, else there would be many more deaths from players who froze from pain in middle of a fight.
Hm, I don't think he really felt pain from it, so much as he's just shocked/scared. He looked pretty sane when Kirito told him to pull out the sword, and only panicked when he realized he couldn't pull it out.
Old 2012-08-06, 03:13   Link #130
MyrzaelHanzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
Hm, I don't think he really felt pain from it, so much as he's just shocked/scared. He looked pretty sane when Kirito told him to pull out the sword, and only panicked when he realized he couldn't pull it out.
Maybe you are right but in my opinion, with his screams and clenching of teeth, he looked like he was in pain. Well, with name of weapon being Guilty Thorn, maybe it should look like he was receiving punishment for his crimes (killing guild leader) and guilty conscience.

I still do not understand just why his dropping HP bar was never shown and I think this could be somewhat important when basically 5 seconds after, when Kirito was looking for winner notification, he had no problems seeing bars (and Diabels one etc.).
MyrzaelHanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 10:06   Link #131
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

The next episode preview is out!

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-08-08, 11:16   Link #132
Awrya
U mad?

The three musketeers appear

Building can't be destroyed, when hit [Immortal Object] appears.
Player (most likely the killer) takes out a teleport crystal. I have to say, the crystal is rather big, but so was Silica's.

The murder weapons all look way better than Kirito's sword
Old 2012-08-08, 19:16   Link #133
n120cky

Inspired by 'No Logoff Button' in game mechanic for anime viewers:

Spoiler for <no logoff button> game master:
Old 2012-08-08, 20:17   Link #134
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
Inspired by 'No Logoff Button' in game mechanic for anime viewers:

Spoiler for <no logoff button> game master:
I think that could have been just for the sake of the demonstration. One would presume that he is not bound by player menus, but has deeper access to the game's function (like a "debug mode"). So I don't think he really trapped himself in the game, whether he's still there or not notwithstanding.
Old 2012-08-09, 07:15   Link #135
n120cky

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think that could have been just for the sake of the demonstration. One would presume that he is not bound by player menus, but has deeper access to the game's function (like a "debug mode"). So I don't think he really trapped himself in the game, whether he's still there or not notwithstanding.
Well probably true, but he should trap himself rather than must deal with real world implication . Finding him in real world wouldn't be hard.
Old 2012-08-09, 12:25   Link #136
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Well probably true, but he should trap himself rather than must deal with real world implication . Finding him in real world wouldn't be hard.
Quote:
A simple change of heart during the few minutes' walk from one Tokyo police station to another could have kept Makoto Hirata, one of Japan's most wanted men, at large indefinitely.
It has emerged that Hirata, a former member of the Aum Supreme Truth doomsday cult, was sent away by the officer on duty when he first tried to turn himself in, late on New Year's Eve.
The policeman thought it was a prank. But the supposed prankster was a former member of a fanatical group whose members carried out a fatal sarin gas attack on the Tokyo underground in 1995, killing 12 people and making 6,000 others sick. The terrorist attack remains the worst on Japanese soil.
Hirata, wanted in connection with the kidnapping and death earlier that year of a civil servant whose sister was trying to leave the cult, tried again but failed to convince the officer that the face that had been staring down from 150,000 wanted posters for almost 17 years was his.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...o-hirata-sarin
Easy Really?

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2012-08-09 at 12:48.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 12:45   Link #137
styr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Easy Really?
Japanese cops are indeed like cops from all over the world, always slackin' off...
styr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 13:41   Link #138
Awrya
U mad?

So the reason their crime stats are so low is because of this?
Old 2012-08-12, 04:28   Link #139
n120cky

I thought the scene in the OP where Asuna cook for Kirito was in the real world, after marriage issue in ep 5 & 6, I doubt it now. But there is now way to know where is that scene take place(RL or SAO) without spoiler right?
Old 2012-08-12, 04:36   Link #140
Znail

Quote:
I thought the scene in the OP where Asuna cook for Kirito was in the real world, after marriage issue in ep 5 & 6, I doubt it now. But there is now way to know where is that scene take place(RL or SAO) without spoiler right?
Well, Asuna told Kirito that she knows how to cook (in the game) in this episode.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote