AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

View Poll Results: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 20 30.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 28.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 31.82%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 6.06%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.52%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.52%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-27, 14:00   Link #41
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Or maybe those things have become routine for any romance-harem anime nowadays? So, it’s only a matter of when they’ll use it .
I can't call this story as a harem story but more like a love triangle story. And it maybe just a coincidence that they ended up the same as oniiai though maybe the staff is the same? but its from different studio so, shouldn't it be impossible?

The love development of the story is good with Mashiro who's starting to feel jealous towards Nanami but she herself doesn't realize or understand love yet.

As for Nanami maybe before, Nanami has only a crush for Sorata but as the story goes. Just like what Nanami said in the end of the episode. She is growing to love him more. She likes guys who now what they want to do and her answer to Mashiro in the end of the episode is like a declaration of war for me
Old 2012-11-27, 15:19   Link #42
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The only problem with the "trick question" in the interview was that there was an easy answer to it: "Make games that people enjoy playing."
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2012-11-27, 15:31   Link #43
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The only problem with the "trick question" in the interview was that there was an easy answer to it: "Make games that people enjoy playing."
When you are nervous you are - depending on the degree of it - likely to even forget the "easiest" matters, which you otherwise would have talked about.
It's not job-related, but when I had my french oral exam in my last year of junior high (german eductation system) I was so nervous that I forgot most of my presentation which I had had to prepare and show to my teacher before the day of exam. Heck, even at present time at university I get so nervous during some presentations (be it in englisch or french) that I stammer at times despite knowing what I want to say and having prepared the "dialogue" mentally. Then again I tend to be an "extreme" case
Old 2012-11-27, 18:07   Link #44
jvcscasio
Lord of Lurkervile

Mahou speaks the truth.

What I understood was:

They asked a question he didn't plan, so he, being already nervous, forgot everything.

When things don't follow your script in an presentation, it's easier for a nervous person to go blanc...
Old 2012-11-27, 20:21   Link #45
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

I really hate these love triangles, heart break is always around the corner, worse when both characters are individually and equally likable. And Mashiro double speak and ability to read the situation always amazes me.
Old 2012-11-27, 21:16   Link #46
ion475
にこにこにー

Well, although still not back up to Ep. 3/4 level, this episode is at least better than the last...

1. Still not liking the way J.C. do the comic relief. I doubt I'll ever get used to the exaggerated motion...
2. Part 1 of shafting Sorata. Of course, being a LN reader makes me wonder how much Kamoshita hate Sorata...
3. Speaking of "Shaft", Mashiro jumping towards the Hanabi with this particles from the hair reminds me of Denpa Onna. Of course, animation quality wise, Shaft is way ahead...
4. Of course, beginning of the love triangle. Too bad Mashiro won't ever move to Plan C
5. Next episode = Rita...with that, the appearance of a certain character.
Old 2012-11-27, 21:56   Link #47
TimeSkip

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
I really hate these love triangles, heart break is always around the corner, worse when both characters are individually and equally likable. And Mashiro double speak and ability to read the situation always amazes me.
The love triangles will continue until the bitter end. However, I get the feeling that the author will try to soften the blow by paring the left out girl with Ryuunosuke.

And that girl is likely to be Nanami. Nanami could help Ryuunosuke fix his hikikomori habit. Mashiro is too much an odd ball to be paired up with a shut-in.

That's could be the reason Ryuunosuke's not actually appeared in the show although he is a decent looking guy.
Old 2012-11-27, 22:39   Link #48
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvcscasio View Post
Mahou speaks the truth.

What I understood was:

They asked a question he didn't plan, so he, being already nervous, forgot everything.

When things don't follow your script in an presentation, it's easier for a nervous person to go blanc...
True. What you practiced and prepared for is different than the real thing.
Old 2012-11-28, 03:51   Link #49
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
I prefer Love triangle than harem story. Harem story is for fun only while love triangle has real story though some harem story I actually liked like ichigo 100% and tenchi but mostly I still prefer love triangle and lately. Harem was just being done by means to add new girl character to the fray which sound stupid for me. Unless they are enemy and cool villain or ally but another love interest? nah, I hate that one. And also I don't like it more if their is already love interest for the main guy but he still gathers harem. That is more stupid and unfair for the girls.

Keep it small but intact and more character developments. That's what I like in love triangles that has lots of steams of jealousy and envy. There are just more benefit for me to see a love triangle than a harem show.
Old 2012-11-28, 04:11   Link #50
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I prefer Love triangle than harem story. Harem story is for fun only while love triangle has real story though some harem story I actually liked like ichigo 100% and tenchi but mostly I still prefer love triangle and lately. Harem was just being done by means to add new girl character to the fray which sound stupid for me. Unless they are enemy and cool villain or ally but another love interest? nah, I hate that one. And also I don't like it more if their is already love interest for the main guy but he still gathers harem. That is more stupid and unfair for the girls.

Keep it small but intact and more character developments. That's what I like in love triangles that has lots of steams of jealousy and envy. There are just more benefit for me to see a love triangle than a harem show.
Generally I greatly hate love triangles, at least the serious/drama-triangles. In my, admittedly limited, experience most of the drama is very stupid, annoying, forced and if you feel like raging it's not because the content of the drama provokes it, but due to the fact that drama was used.
If at all then maybe some comedic love triangle (VNDB: "There is a love triangle in the game, but this is played for laughs - it does not lead to suffering on part of the characters and heartbroken dramatic situations").

Harems are also rather hit-or-miss. It tends to start out nice and funny, but after a while you start thinking "Was it really necessary for character X to join the harem?", "The harem is already full enough, no need for girl x to join" or similar alterations. To be fair, most harems are combined with ecchi and I simply stopped paying special attention to it (i. e. I do notice the fanservice, but I don't consider it as "noteworthy"), instead of going "Yay, hawt scene" on every appearance

Edit: Sorry for my rage "outburst" D:

Last edited by Mahou; 2012-11-28 at 04:24.
Old 2012-11-28, 05:02   Link #51
Lukeman1884

Quick question. Anyone know for sure how many episodes there are gonna be? ANN says 12, MAL says 24.
Old 2012-11-28, 05:13   Link #52
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Confirmed for 2 cours, and JC Staff's 2 cours are 24 episodes.
Old 2012-11-28, 06:26   Link #53
Seihai
スマイリウム

Gah, I can empathize too much with Sorata! I actually looked away for a second because it was too painful to watch for me when it was clear that the trick question immediately drove him into a corner he couldn't get out of anymore. The way he almost snapped at Mashiro was also very well done. Frustration and anger will hit about just any person who will come into your way after that kind of failure.

Misaki's swimsuit party was such an awesome idea... it led to all those Nanami scenes. No-pan, no life. I liked how her fire spark outlasted Mashiro's for a second. Not like it matters a lot it being a love triangle but hey, hope never dies. Besides, I would very much accept even if Mashiro would become the final winner.

P.S.: You know, I'm totally not into girls with glasses... but they suit Nanami and she looks lovely with them.
Old 2012-11-28, 07:07   Link #54
Witch of Uncertainty

Loved it. Absolutely loved it.
And Nanami was so cute in the ending, when she declared her love for hard-workers. I think I actually prefer her to Autism-san. :d
Old 2012-11-28, 07:27   Link #55
Bombo
TSF Fans

Pool moments is the best ,, !!!
10/10
Old 2012-11-28, 07:38   Link #56
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Mashiro isn't fooling around and gets more flags with Sorata. Nanami better get a hold of herself fast, or she'll lose.
Old 2012-11-28, 08:54   Link #57
larethian

I wonder why you guys keep calling it a trick question when it's not one...
Old 2012-11-28, 09:06   Link #58
tsunade666

For me its also not a trick question but just a sudden question that comes from the jury. Maybe his a graduate from the same high school.

Though for the people who went into interview. An unexpected question is like a trick question that will pull you down.
Old 2012-11-28, 09:23   Link #59
Azuma Denton
~AD~

It is not a trick question. Just an open question that has no 'right' answer...
Of course, Sorata will be shocked to hear that question. After all, this is his first attempt into game creator. I myself has asked similar question in some interview, and many of those fresh graduate didnt really able to answer that well...

Anyway, that Nanami with glasses !!! That Nanami with bikini...
HNGGGGHHH !!!!!
Old 2012-11-28, 14:55   Link #60
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Uncertainty View Post
Loved it. Absolutely loved it.
And Nanami was so cute in the ending, when she declared her love for hard-workers. I think I actually prefer her to Autism-san. :d
And she was "commando". That daring girl...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
If you truly love and know what you're doing -- then that "trick question" would actually be the easiest answer to give. If there's one criticism I have for the speech preparation approach -- it's the rehearsal thing. That set up Sorata to give a very very stiff presentation, which ended up backfiring because he constricted himself towards a planned speech (unable to adapt towards the unexpected). Because of that, he failed.

Speech preparation isn't about just preparing a presentation and memorizing a bunch of lines. Instead, it's about being prepared to "talk" about something in front of people. It's nothing more than a more formal "conversation".
Closed Thread