AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-18, 12:11   Link #281
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
Himiko seems to be the best with the booms, her first throw is a direct kill
Was it
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 00:15   Link #282
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Darn it, whoever said Sakamoto looks like Light has got me thinking that whenever I see him. Especially in this episode when he had those evil looking expressions. Though I already knew this but the preview got me so hyped since Sawashiro is voicing the kid.
Old 2012-10-19, 06:46   Link #283
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.3
so now yea guess how got everyone put in the island?

yea so ryota see blonde but run then meet guy pants down who explain how it all again cause some rip-off evil Probst wannabee with masked mooks kid-nap random people have play real btooom get 8 chips you're free.

give ryota is are you mad cue shock guns cause memory probs so now make alliance pants down guy see food case but almost step a landmine so try another then see kid with face of blood?

yea can say really like anime version of survivor the crazy bombers will kill & etc get chips to escape the island & what next?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 07:54   Link #284
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
ep.3
so now yea guess how got everyone put in the island?

yea so ryota see blonde but run then meet guy pants down who explain how it all again cause some rip-off evil Probst wannabee with masked mooks kid-nap random people have play real btooom get 8 chips you're free.

give ryota is are you mad cue shock guns cause memory probs so now make alliance pants down guy see food case but almost step a landmine so try another then see kid with face of blood?

yea can say really like anime version of survivor the crazy bombers will kill & etc get chips to escape the island & what next?
*blinks*

I am extremely tempted to quote the immortal words of Samuel L. Jackson from Pulp Fiction right about now.
Old 2012-10-19, 08:08   Link #285
ninetail1989
Dreamer

woh...dled this anime episode by episode when it first out..but didnt really went and watch it....today i just watch all 3 episode...

not half bad..another real life survivor gaming stuff...good timing...since Sword Art Online which i am following turned Peter Pan+tinkerbell which its to me....thx to Btooom..i can finally see some real violent n serious stuff again.

then again...sadly that in episode 2...Heroine already got raped... =.=..might just be second base but .....

ps: so..sakamoto got 2 chips already?..his + his 1st blood in episode 1?...but i dont recall him collecting the chip from the headless guy at sea?....since episode 3 shows the guy pull out the chip from the dead food runner girl.
ninetail1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 08:21   Link #286
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

he was knocked out by that stun gun so he didn't remember about the rules so he didn't take the guys chip.
Old 2012-10-19, 08:23   Link #287
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Yeah, just like as ogami rei from code breaker, sakamoto is also giving me a light yagami vibe. Is it because that i just recently finished death note? But good thing he's smart and not just a pussy right?

The episode is pretty good but it's not overly satisfying for me. Need the next one now.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 08:28   Link #288
ninetail1989
Dreamer

hmm....i just dl the manga from chap 1 to 6...got some extra stuff in there.......but even until episode 3 where he meet the oldman....still never talk about the Himiko..

anyone read the manga can tell me which Chapter only Himiko part come out?
Old 2012-10-19, 08:34   Link #289
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

Ch 32 and 33
Old 2012-10-19, 08:56   Link #290
ninetail1989
Dreamer

wah...so far?..........
Old 2012-10-19, 09:54   Link #291
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
Himiko seems to be the best with the booms, her first throw is a direct kill
Not actually, it is a flash-damage kill. Direct kill is counted when the bomb or bullet contact on the target's body and destroy the target.
Old 2012-10-19, 10:02   Link #292
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Well, that was short lived

I waited 2 episodes to see what would happen between the 2, and they just get separated immediately after since she ran away I was hoping for something more, but i'm sure that will come in the next few episodes (I hope )

Episode 3 was a nice recap of how everyone got there. And to the comments before about the main character being similar to Light, this episode sorta supported that statement with the thoughts and looks he gave :Heh:

Now we just wait for the Shinigami and then it's all good
Old 2012-10-19, 11:01   Link #293
ookamigirl

Sakamoto finally realizes it's a game.
That guy gave some interesting info.
So it's just some crazy guys bad joke.
Sakamoto was really effected by the new info.
Looks like he's really gonna have to kill 7 people to get off the island.
Taira & Sakamoto team. Don't see that functioning for long.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 11:29   Link #294
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT the HEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLL

The Tyranos Japan's head guy...... holy crap, that voice is TAKAHASHI MEIJIN!

The guy looks just like Takahashi Meijin did back in the 80s, so they got HIMSELF to voice it? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Takahashi Meijin was the video game champ celebrity working for Hudson Soft back when I was still a kid in the 80s.
He would come on TV and magazines to showcase his amazing skill.

(Meijin means a master, a pro. So the title means "Game Master Takahashi")

Dude was our hero!
I nearly did a double take when I saw the cast.

Some of you guys may remember the arcade game Wonder Boy.
The home console port of that game in Japan was Takahashi Meijin's Adventure Island, featuring the Pro himself.

No wonder the voice acting was terrible, it was simply voiced by the man the character was based off of, not a voice actor!
Evil sinister Takahashi Meijin ahahahaha.
Old 2012-10-19, 11:34   Link #295
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

This kid. Why do I have this vague suspicion that I am goin to REALLY like this kid as a character.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 13:49   Link #296
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That was a much better episode. And the next episode really does look intriguing.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 14:58   Link #297
Dorsai

Waited long time for this anime Maybe soon another group will pick up manga... We wait too long for chapter 50...
Himiko looks good in anime version... Anime adaptation looks good for now...

In chapter 32 and 33 of manga are flashbacks we already saw in anime... They just moved them into first episodes... Not that it really matters...

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-10-19 at 17:17. Reason: don't mention that, even in spoiler tags.
Dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 17:14   Link #298
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I have no idea if Ryouta isn't a bit naive to cooperate with Taira that readily, but at least it is good to see he has a good grasp of the situation and the inherent mind game due to the nature of btooom.

The inherent issue of sticking with someone else is more problematic than just having twice the number of chip: you have no idea if your partner will not backstab you at some point (that sunglass guy BIM is probably either remote controlled or with a sensor, so it is possible "landmine" type exist, which would be problematic if Taira has that and set a trap on Ryouta), even more so if they will compete for chips and it is obvious tyranno staff will force them to take this path sooner or later, so bluff and awareness are definitely a huge factor there.

Considering the very "battle royal" ish mood in this show, it will definitely be interesting how characters "ailment" will turn to be, especially after what we saw with Himiko's part of the story.
Old 2012-10-20, 04:11   Link #299
Horse

It feels better than, I don't know, Sword Art Online, which had a more detached "by the numbers" feeling to it, but there's still far too many internal monologues as usual in animu. They aren't really doing shit to make anything of the unoriginal premise itself and of course Sawashiro is voicing a psychotic abused kid...

It's the delicious sound direction that keeps getting me back for the next episode! It's really good IMHO.

Last edited by Horse; 2012-10-20 at 04:23.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 07:23   Link #300
Dorsai

Klashikari in game like this its important to made team as fast as you can... Ofc it not means that you need to trust him completely... You should carefuly try to estimate you partner personality, inteligence, abilities, his objectives, good and bad points etc... And you need time to do it...

Remember that its same for your partner- it is not worth-while for him to backstab you until you both got 6 chips. Earlier he would lost more then earn with killing you. With 3 people team its 5 chips ofc etc etc... Ofc there are some situations where its worth to kill or abandon you earlier- when you are useless partner and teaming with you would take him down or when situation made it too risky for him to help you... But if both of you are valuable partners (like Ryouta and Taira are) then backstabing your partner earlier would be really stupid for both of you... Do you remember LightxL situation in Death Note after they became friends? Its similiar to this, ofc in more realistic and simple way...

Last edited by Dorsai; 2012-10-20 at 07:56.
Dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, seinen