AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2008-02-17, 18:16   Link #801
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I don't know how complicated the Vocaloid software is to use, but I think you're not giving yourself enough credit. As Deathkillz said there were a few misplaced tones (but only one or two really stood out to me, to be honest) but otherwise I thought it sounded great. Some of the earlier Miku songs sounded a bit robotic; I don't know if you had to do something to make it sound more like a real person singing or if it's just a newer version of the software, but it sounded more realistic in that aspect, too.

That, and I also really like that song. Is the CD out for it?
Old 2008-02-17, 18:23   Link #802
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
That, and I also really like that song. Is the CD out for it?
It's been released for quite some time now :3

"Tabi no Tochuu" by Natsumi Kiyoura.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 18:27   Link #803
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
Yeah, it seems off because the syllables are doing it. If i play it on the piano (i use my computer keyboard as a midi keyboard) it sounds perfect, and if i make vocaloid only use 1 syllable it also sounds perfect tone wise. I need to alter the pitch of some notes because they have their own pitch difference. I'm pretty sure you're talking about the ones near the beginning of the song. right?

anyways, i've only been using this program for 2 days, and it took me 5 hours to figure out all the notes for the lyrics. I can actually play along with the song on my keyboard and it sounds perfect. I used the same notes to make the lyrical version. there are a couple that i need to make slightly flat for them to be normal again.

I adjusted the dynamics of a couple parts, other than that i didn't touch a thing. It's version 2 though (vocaloid 2) so that might be why. I'm the type that compares myself to the best. If it isn't on par with the best, I beat myself down till it is. That's my curse.

(i'm uploading a quickly put together version using the midi track for it. I messed up a couple times and since i wasnt' playing it with the opening the timings are off, but if you listen, the tone errors aren't there.

if you didn't notice, i'm a little bit of a perfectionist. i'm never satisfied with anything I do and take anything I do for crap. It's a good thing I'm not like that at work making drinks. But that's because i KNOW I'm the best at making foam for hot drinks (latte's, cappacinos that stuff, i work at starbucks) i get told quite often I'm the best at it, so I take pride in knowing i'm at the top in at least one thing.

anyways, the program is VERY difficult to use. the easy part is punching in the lyrics, second easiest is putting in the notes. 3rd easiest is setting note length and tempo, 4th is probably the timing, and 5th-100th is the dynamics and all that jazz to make it sound good.

(midi version) Didn't care much for the timing exactness as i did the note correctness i made i think 2 mistakes, and for some reason the last 2 notes got cut off. (stupid trial programs)

starting to adjust those pitches, and i was right. most of them are about a 1/4 flat. i found one that was actually a 1/4 sharp though.
I guess all these years of playing my guitar and tuning my guitar by ear are starting to pay off.

もいちど。。。

Last edited by Nenkitsune; 2008-02-17 at 19:12.
Nenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 03:04   Link #804
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Heehee. Has anyone seen this one yet? Would have been perfect if they've dubbed Neo's voice with Miku's "voice" instead.

TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 03:41   Link #805
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Nice find, TinyRedLeaf! And like any good fighter with a female character in a short skirt, they included a few panty shots. They did a nice job with it - pretty impressive.
Old 2008-02-18, 04:31   Link #806
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

あ…れ?ちゃまさんどこ行った?

Didn't feel like quoting.

前書き1→ @ The Nendoroid video: It's not just caramelldansen at the end, it's both that and 男女.

前書き2→ @ アンインストール@初音: MEIKO's version is way more powerful than Miku's, IMO, which brings out the emotion in Uninstall. Not to try to start up an argument, but Miku's version just sound like a generic female seiyuu singing it without much emotions. =\ (You also have to take into consideration that MEIKO's version was first posted on June 19, 2007 on Nico.)

前書き3→ @ Utawa Sakura: Nico Nico artist. If you want to hear more of her songs, you'd need to either search for 歌和サクラ or register for a Nico account and search her under her Japanese name. (PS: She's famous for singing Miku Miku ni Shite Ageru 3 times and did that super high long key during Melt.) (PPS: She created her first Miku original song and it made it to #10 on 17's Daily Vocaloid Ranking.)

Current Legendary KAITO Master listing: ヤマハP (...Demo song.) / IGASIO (Kimi to Deatte Kara, Aoi Tori) / わんだらP (very original bard-ish songs) / VIVO (WITHOUT END) / 涼之介P (KimiSora, Shima Uta) / ぶっちぎりP (Byakkoya no Musume)

↑Don't think I'm missing anyone else.

Byakko no Musume @ YouTube, downoad link included for those who can't read the comment on Nico for whatever reason. >>

[ニコニコ] 【KAITO】パプリカED「白虎野の娘」兄さん10人前(+リン2人前)【平沢進】
[KAITO] Paprika ED "Byakkoya no Musume" sang by Nii-san x10 (+ Rin x2) [Hirasawa Susumu]
MP3 → http://www7.uploader.jp/dl/_k/_k_uljp00006.zip.html (Click the ダウンロード link on top of the vertical AD.)

Original song under spoiler.

Spoiler:

マジで兄さんがkonozamaの倉庫からうちに迎えたい今この頃です。←高いよ…(ノД`)

Last edited by Asamidori; 2008-02-18 at 05:45. Reason: 前書きx3 / various.
Asamidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 08:43   Link #807
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamidori View Post
Byakko no Musume @ YouTube, downoad link included for those who can't read the comment on Nico for whatever reason. >>

[ニコニコ] 【KAITO】パプリカED「白虎野の娘」兄さん10人前(+リン2人前)【平沢進】
[KAITO] Paprika ED "Byakkoya no Musume" sang by Nii-san x10 (+ Rin x2) [Hirasawa Susumu]
MP3 → http://www7.uploader.jp/dl/_k/_k_uljp00006.zip.html (Click the ダウンロード link on top of the vertical AD.)

Original song under spoiler.
I posted that earlier after listening to it once.... and then it grabbed my brain and now I'm listening it to it endlessly while cursing at the download to hurry up.
(゚д゚)ドー
I've got a problem though, who should I tag it under for scrobbling on last.fm? I remember Crypton expressing that they don't want their Vocaloids to be known as singers but tools, so I don't want to scrobble it under Vocaloid KAITO. But if I leave the original composer and title it'll be no different from the actual song...

Would it be fair to Hirasawa-sensei if I wrote it as ぶっちぎりP - 白虎野の娘 ... all the other Vocaloid-sung songs I've scrobbled are original compositions where I credit the composer, but hm.

Also, I personally think Meiko sounds better than Miku too - maybe it helps that the person Meiko's based on is a professional singer and sings way way way better than Miku, so her voice somehow sounds a lot more natural and listenable...
Old 2008-02-18, 09:27   Link #808
godraziert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
I think I've been MOE'ed to death by the chibi dancing vocaloids.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2321776

They also do a CaramellDansen at the end.

[EDIT] Added a YouTube link.

Really cute! Especially Haku

Does anyone happen to have a link to the song used ? It's by Miku right ?
Old 2008-02-18, 10:49   Link #809
saphyre

I found this pretty cool.

金色のアリス(Translates to 'Golden Alice' using ATLAS) OP 【VOCALOID-PV】
Nico

Old 2008-02-18, 11:14   Link #810
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by godraziert View Post
Really cute! Especially Haku

Does anyone happen to have a link to the song used ? It's by Miku right ?
It's called "Kurutto Mawatte Ikkaiten" and is actually an end song from Keroro Gunsou covered by Miku.

link

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 13:51   Link #811
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
I posted that earlier after listening to it once.... and then it grabbed my brain and now I'm listening it to it endlessly while cursing at the download to hurry up.
(゚д゚)ドー
I've got a problem though, who should I tag it under for scrobbling on last.fm? I remember Crypton expressing that they don't want their Vocaloids to be known as singers but tools, so I don't want to scrobble it under Vocaloid KAITO. But if I leave the original composer and title it'll be no different from the actual song...

Would it be fair to Hirasawa-sensei if I wrote it as ぶっちぎりP - 白虎野の娘 ... all the other Vocaloid-sung songs I've scrobbled are original compositions where I credit the composer, but hm.

Also, I personally think Meiko sounds better than Miku too - maybe it helps that the person Meiko's based on is a professional singer and sings way way way better than Miku, so her voice somehow sounds a lot more natural and listenable...
Ahhhhhh and I was controlling myself to not type the ( ゜Д゜)┝゙━, too. xDDDDD

I personally just tag vocaloid songs under KAITO/MEIKO/初音ミク/鏡音リン・レン. =\ (Stopped loading the last.fm appli a while ago though, 'cause it always end up sucking up a bunch of process after 12 hours or so. ← I probably need to update that?) I guess you can use ぶっちぎりP, because this version isn't sing by Hirasawa after all. =\ It'd be hard to label a lot of the vocaloid songs otherwise, since outside of the Vocaloid 2 circle, a lot of the songs are cover songs... (And someone tell me why am I remembering LEON's Kishimen right now. xDDD )

Maybe it's just because Miku's voice is high in general? >> ← Someone who can't stand high pitch girl voices.

あ、ボカラン20

ちょ、今週のランキングカオスすぎるwwwwwwww

Edit: LMAO @ Nico's Market ranking. xDDDD

2 and 3~ KAITO's version of Byakkoya no Musume's impact is pretty great. xDDDDD (PS: US time Sunday morning, KAITO 302. Sunday evening, 317. Monday night, 345. <- I wanna join too. )

Last edited by Asamidori; 2008-02-18 at 20:59. Reason: 市場のアレwww
Old 2008-02-18, 20:03   Link #812
godraziert

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
It's called "Kurutto Mawatte Ikkaiten" and is actually an end song from Keroro Gunsou covered by Miku.

link

Thank you. It's a cute song
Old 2008-02-18, 20:31   Link #813
Nenkitsune

ugh, so after a few hours of working on vocaloid today, i now have an entire 45 SECONDS of the opening perfectly timed.
that means it's taking me about an hour for every 10 seconds haha but it's because i have to move everything, time the starting point to a video on youtube, listen for inconsistancy's, go back and alter the part, start at the begining and listen again, go back and change things. you get the idea. it's time consuming XP

もいちど。。。
Old 2008-02-18, 21:51   Link #814
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune View Post
ugh, so after a few hours of working on vocaloid today, i now have an entire 45 SECONDS of the opening perfectly timed.
that means it's taking me about an hour for every 10 seconds haha but it's because i have to move everything, time the starting point to a video on youtube, listen for inconsistancy's, go back and alter the part, start at the begining and listen again, go back and change things. you get the idea. it's time consuming XP
Download the mp3 of that song and repeat it on the mp3 player of your choice instead of a video? I would assume the pausing and timing would be easier on an mp3 player than on a flash player...
Old 2008-02-18, 21:58   Link #815
Nenkitsune

nah, it's actually hard because there's a few second pause before the song in vocaloid starts ,and timing in that pause is a pain. it's much easier to just have to listen to the whole thing from the start, since i know the exact timing. besides, if i keep doing it this way, I'll be able to pick up on things i missed before (i found 2 mistakes near the beginning because of it)

i DO however, need a karaoke version of the opening. I haven't heard the full version, but if someone could find the tv edit version as a karaoke that would be really helpful

もいちど。。。
Old 2008-02-19, 00:06   Link #816
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune View Post
nah, it's actually hard because there's a few second pause before the song in vocaloid starts ,and timing in that pause is a pain. it's much easier to just have to listen to the whole thing from the start, since i know the exact timing. besides, if i keep doing it this way, I'll be able to pick up on things i missed before (i found 2 mistakes near the beginning because of it)

i DO however, need a karaoke version of the opening. I haven't heard the full version, but if someone could find the tv edit version as a karaoke that would be really helpful
Hm, well it seems like this guy on niconico who's done a Miku version of Tabi no Tochuu as well just used the existing instrumental track and cut it appropriately. It sounds different, but I guess you can try that. http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2359419
Old 2008-02-19, 00:12   Link #817
Nenkitsune

*raises my hand* I am now confident that i can make a better version of Tabi no Tochuu than that one XP (and that one was done very well, I just don't like how some of the pitch changes and such were so un-natural. I've noticed that with vocaloid, certian syllables will have a natural pitch change without touching anything, and they have a smooth transition.

that's really what i just need is the instrumental so i can cut it.
i think the thing that will make the difference, is that i'm trying to make each syllable match the original timing wise as best as possible.

I'm done for today. I've got it 98.9% perfect up to yumemita sekai ga
which isn't bad imo. this is like, my 3rd day with this program?
I wish i had a printer. I would print out the lyrics and grab a highlighter to dot which syllables need work.

もいちど。。。

Last edited by Nenkitsune; 2008-02-19 at 00:57.
Old 2008-02-19, 04:21   Link #818
wao
OK.

You mean you don't have it? The instrumental version of Tabi no Tochuu is on the single as the 3rd track. (If you got it by you-know-how, well find the whole single)

I can't wait to hear your finished version, I like the song a lot myself. The version I posted is not that bad, but the pitch is really off in some parts like it's someone at a karaoke, heh.
Old 2008-02-19, 04:28   Link #819
Nenkitsune

haha i got the instrumental version earlier today. I needa pick up the cd, I like the music in Spice and Wolf.

Once i get the song all timed (i have about 35 seconds left to time) i then need to somehow edit my karaoke track into the right length (shouldn't be hard compared to what I'm doing now) then alter a couple pitches here and there (since humans can sing in between wholes and sharps, and machines can't) then add a few breaths here and there (I THINK i know how, and this song needs them, their so noticable in the original) and then do a bit of work here and there to make it sound more natural (i found out how to default her voice's genderness, and if i raise it slightly, her voice sounds more like the original)

I'd say.....i have another week or two left before I'll be happy with it. Once I finish the timing I'll post it up on youtube as v 0.5 lol.

もいちど。。。
Old 2008-02-19, 07:33   Link #820
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Hopefully not a Repost.
Spoiler for AMV, With Miku singing:

Well where can i get the mp3 of Miku singing this

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vocaloid