AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-10-08, 20:27   Link #2401
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

oh you want to see my desktop pic ok.

thats ,me dling firefox and just hanging out in the forums..now before any of you ask what happened to your desktop? he is somewhere in the NET slum..yea, and i hate microsoft for making such a shitty OS like windows xp. now I hope the blue screen of death does not come with LongHorn as *extra* unwanted-content , because I will go insane.No I am not kidding.
hamiko_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 20:29   Link #2402
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiko_san
nOw I hope teh blue screen of death does not come with LongHorn, because I will go insane.No I am not kidding.
I will assure you it does... I got it twice during the install for the beta version. >.>;

/me begs OMchan to remember.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 20:33   Link #2403
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

10 things more, you never know.

Last edited by hamiko_san; 2007-12-25 at 16:24.
Old 2004-10-08, 20:44   Link #2404
full_metal_31
*anime lova*

Send a message via MSN to full_metal_31
...........................hmmm.................my new wp
full_metal_31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 20:48   Link #2405
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Desktop.......
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 22:48   Link #2406
rcxAsh
Do you Gentoo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiko_san
now I hope the blue screen of death does not come with LongHorn as *extra* unwanted-content , because I will go insane.No I am not kidding.
Ooh, you can't escape the blue screen of death. It's Microsoft's favourite thing!

Ok..lol. But truthfully. Did you know that in Windows 95/98, you could customize the color scheme of the blue screen of death? There was some configuration fine somewhere that allowed you to specify the foreground and background colours. Eg, I once had my BSoD appear red instead.
rcxAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 01:20   Link #2407
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Spoiler for forgot to resize, too lazy to re-host...:):
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 01:47   Link #2408
rcxAsh
Do you Gentoo?

For the sake of the whole OS-tan craze that took place a couple pages back.... I thought that I should represent the Linux community.. (at least, I didn't recall seeing Linux-tan there..)

Ok, so she's not as hot as the Windows girls. But.. meh...
Spoiler:
Old 2004-10-09, 06:20   Link #2409
EtherNEZ
AIR is good for you

Hear! Hear!

I really like that actually, rcxAsh - even though I'm clearly staked out on the other side of the fence!

I should have taken more note on what I jumped into on the last page...

Inuzuka - Aaah! My eyes! my eyes! How on earth can you work on such a bright desktop? I have no qualms with the design but it's just too white! I can't even read the icon labels since they've been antialiased to white on the edges.

Shay : V.Cute!! However, once more my eyes were blinded open revealing the spoiler space. I'm now going to wear shades before I suffer any permanent retinal damage.

I hope both of you two are using TFT screens and not CRT's otherwise you may find you can't get rid of that wallpaper quite soon! If you know what I mean ^_~.

M$ OS's without the BSOD will never happen (or RSOD or GSOD or whatever colour scheme floats your boat ). I wouldn't have it any other way and I'm sure Bill wouldn't either. I can just see him laughing manically away on his chair right now, stroking the cat sitting on his left armrest....
EtherNEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 06:41   Link #2410
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherNEZ

I hope both of you two are using TFT screens and not CRT's otherwise you may find you can't get rid of that wallpaper quite soon! If you know what I mean ^_~.
Well I am using a TFT monitor but I still don't know what you mean.
Please explain.
Old 2004-10-09, 06:42   Link #2411
neEd'Le
~абнормален индивид

Send a message via ICQ to neEd'Le
my current wallppr
neEd'Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 07:47   Link #2412
EtherNEZ
AIR is good for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay
Well I am using a TFT monitor but I still don't know what you mean.
Please explain.
Sure. Simply put, In a CRT screen an electron 'gun' fires high energy electrons at 'phosphor' dots on the inside of the CRT screen, which then convert this energy into light which we see. However, if very bright static images are constantly displayed on the screen for too long (we are probably talking quite a while here though, my comment was partly made in jest ) - then the phosphors can end up producing a low level amount of light all the time (even when the screen should be black), which looks like a shadow of the image that was there previously.

It's a very much like when you look at a bright object, then look across to a dark area - you can see a faded version of the image in your eyes for a short time. Luckily our eyes are a bit better at handling it than CRT's

It is a phonomenen known as 'burn-in', which is what screensavers are supposed to protect against. Usually, keeping an image moving is sufficient to prevent this happenening even if it is very bright.

Anyway, enough of that - let's see some more cracking walls! I'm sure i've bored people enough!
EtherNEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 08:18   Link #2413
Necrodeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
/me begs OMchan to remember.
Well....If one looks closely at the image, it will be obvious (for those with photoshop knowledge) that Plastic Wrap has been used numerous times. On what, I don't know. Lot's of layers have been Plastic Wrapped, at least 3-4. At which time, they have been distorted using the distort filters (for instance Shear). Another thing I see in it, is that a small Radial Blur (Zoomed mind you) might have been used on one (or more?) layers (duplicates of the original layers) creating the glowy effect on those original layers.

Right, something just popped in my mind, maybe the Plastic Wrap was used on some randomly placed Lens Flares on a couple of different layers. If so, then the layer modes of those particular layers must have been Screen if the Lens Flare was put on a black background (seems the most logical to me )

Furthermore, a grid has been used too.
For the more lighter parts (on the right for instance) there could have been a Lens Flare below it, or it could have been lightened by the Dodge Tool.

Lot's of things I can get out of it
Am I a freak now?
Necrodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 08:19   Link #2414
Yuiichi
Retired.

@rcxAsh: oooo... i like the placement for the... i guess window borders... hrm.. not sure if thats what its called... title bar for the windows?? Oh well, the thing that is usually at the top with the close, minimise, and restore buttons. Go linux-tan as well ^_^ She's just plain cute ^_^ I still like XP tan better though

Bah... i still need to change my wallpapers.. i just love the ones that i have so much... maybe a good autumn themed one.
Yuiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 08:40   Link #2415
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Well you learn something new everyday. Thanks EtherNEZ. I'd give you good rep but it seems you are one of those pussycats who has it disabled.
Old 2004-10-09, 09:09   Link #2416
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

10 things more, you never know.

Last edited by hamiko_san; 2007-12-25 at 16:23.
Old 2004-10-09, 09:53   Link #2417
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcxAsh
Ok, so she's not as hot as the Windows girls. But.. meh...
Spoiler:
You are correct; she's HOTTER! Post source please!
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 10:48   Link #2418
rcxAsh
Do you Gentoo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
You are correct; she's HOTTER! Post source please!
Hehe, source for that wallpaper is here: http://nijiura-os.hp.infoseek.co.jp/...p01/index.html

It's the one of the right... The one on the left kind of scared me... haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuiichi
@rcxAsh: oooo... i like the placement for the... i guess window borders... hrm.. not sure if thats what its called... title bar for the windows?? Oh well, the thing that is usually at the top with the close, minimise, and restore buttons. Go linux-tan as well ^_^ She's just plain cute ^_^ I still like XP tan better though
Hehe, you like the window decorations eh? I made them myself ^_^ (the title bar decorations that is).

The scroll bars and stuff were made by someone else. But I needed to make some window decorations that matched that scheme. In addition, the decorations that I was using previously was meant for the standard title bar on top. So the buttons lookind kind of out of place.

Having the title bars on the side is quite the experience! I think I like it. It's great for when I shade the windows, because my screen is wider than it is tall. And of course, being different is just a nice perk.. hahah
Old 2004-10-09, 11:01   Link #2419
AndrewLB
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to AndrewLB Send a message via AIM to AndrewLB Send a message via MSN to AndrewLB
Spoiler:

King of Fighters is still awesome.
AndrewLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 11:25   Link #2420
7thMethuselah

New wall up

Spoiler for I love Stellvia:
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
customize, desktop, rainmeter, wallpaper