Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-08-20, 07:01   Link #561
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
question and no I haven't played the game. Just planning on playing it. Is there a bonus when you finished playing extra and unlimited when your playing alternative?

I'm playing currently extra but getting a bit bored on it. Sure the beginning is funny but I liked to play unlimited already and alternative. I even start playing alternative already but still in doubt if I should. So is their a connection in between the games? like if you have a complete save file for extra and unlimited then you will unlock something in alternative? or is it completely unneeded and I can continue to play alternative?
There are serious emotional bonuses if you complete Extra and Unlimited before Alternative. Which is why every guide available recommends you complete Sumika and Meyia Paths in Extra, and Meyia Path in Unlimited, at least, before going to Alternative.

You will not regret taking the time to do so.

Savegame wise, it only unlocks one small side choice at the beginning of the story. Something about a boat. I still highly recommend playing through Extra and Unlimited though.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 07:29   Link #562
Ray
Garnet

Yes, there's a connection between the games. Extra, Unlimited, and Alternative are a trilogy; skipping out on any of these games will reduce your enjoyment of the final game (Alternative).

To "finish" Extra you need to go through the main heroine's routes. those being Meiya and Sumika. After you've gone through one, you can just use the option to skip all the previously read text. That's what I did because I hate having to go through the same thing twice while it's all fresh in my head. It's also advised to do Ayamine's route.

What I've been telling my friends who've shown an interest in getting into Muv Luv is to:

1 - Watch Kimi ga Nozomu Eien.

2 - Watch Akane Maniax.

3.1 - Play Muv Luv Extra - Sumika Route
3.2 - Play Muv Luv Extra - Meiya Route
3.3 - Play Muv Luv Extra - Ayamine Route
3.4 - Play Muv Luv Extra - Tama Route (optional)

4 - Play Muv Luv Unlimited - Any route. But Meiya is the (ignore my obvious bias, please) superior heroine so her route is the best.

5 - Play Muv Luv Alternative

Like greiverr said, saves don't really unlock anything worthwhile.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 07:54   Link #563
DoomRavager

Quote:
question and no I haven't played the game. Just planning on playing it. Is there a bonus when you finished playing extra and unlimited when your playing alternative?

I'm playing currently extra but getting a bit bored on it. Sure the beginning is funny but I liked to play unlimited already and alternative. I even start playing alternative already but still in doubt if I should. So is their a connection in between the games? like if you have a complete save file for extra and unlimited then you will unlock something in alternative? or is it completely unneeded and I can continue to play alternative?
It's generally pretty highly recommended to actually play EX and UL first, since there's a pretty tight connection between EX and Alter to the point of

Spoiler for Game sort of spoiler:

And so on.
DoomRavager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 08:08   Link #564
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Oh yeah, I remember that part in Extra and thought, "It might be important later on." then Alternative hit me in the face.

It really was important.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 06:41   Link #565
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Yes, there's a connection between the games. Extra, Unlimited, and Alternative are a trilogy; skipping out on any of these games will reduce your enjoyment of the final game (Alternative).

To "finish" Extra you need to go through the main heroine's routes. those being Meiya and Sumika. After you've gone through one, you can just use the option to skip all the previously read text. That's what I did because I hate having to go through the same thing twice while it's all fresh in my head. It's also advised to do Ayamine's route.

What I've been telling my friends who've shown an interest in getting into Muv Luv is to:

1 - Watch Kimi ga Nozomu Eien.

2 - Watch Akane Maniax.

3.1 - Play Muv Luv Extra - Sumika Route
3.2 - Play Muv Luv Extra - Meiya Route
3.3 - Play Muv Luv Extra - Ayamine Route
3.4 - Play Muv Luv Extra - Tama Route (optional)

4 - Play Muv Luv Unlimited - Any route. But Meiya is the (ignore my obvious bias, please) superior heroine so her route is the best.

5 - Play Muv Luv Alternative

Like greiverr said, saves don't really unlock anything worthwhile.
... there goes the rest of my year

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 08:20   Link #566
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
... there goes the rest of my year
It's worth it man. Space, AX and Tempy can attest of that since they have caught my reactions online. And I have reported my own reactions "à chaud" in this very thread to share with the veterans. Almost like a Let's Play. But trying to keep the spoilers at a minimum level to not spoil the experience for those considering taking on the game.

On a side note my favorite TSFs are the Rafale (french bias, but also that BADASS Falcata sword), the F-18, the MIG-31 and the Shiranui.
Old 2012-08-22, 08:46   Link #567
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Does the MiG-31 require you to think in Russian? ;D

But I agree, F-18 is a sweet ride - my planned MLA fic has the main cast using F-18s. Needs more Navy and Marines in this MLA.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 08:47   Link #568
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Well MLA (tho not appearing) have Lilia, not FOREVER ALONE this time. Unlike her MLU TDA self.
Old 2012-08-22, 09:48   Link #569
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

In my case takemikazuchi's just feel to special for me, other then them i kind of like Geshikin's.
Old 2012-08-22, 10:07   Link #570
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Shiranui Second , YF-23 Black Widow II,Su-37 Terminator , are my fav designs

But for ridiculous Dakadaka A 10 II
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 11:00   Link #571
Ray
Garnet

Out of all the TSFs, my favourite one would have to be the Su-47 Berkut (Russian pride, fuck yeah!). And not too far behind are the Takemikazuchi (Shogun, Samurai, and Fudai colours), the Raptor, and the Su-37 Terminator.
Old 2012-08-22, 11:33   Link #572
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

I am saddened I haven't seen the Typhoon or Gripen in action, because I would count those two as my favorites... Especially the latter because it isn't often Sweden is involved in anything, and it looks pretty sweet to boot. The Belkut is pretty cool too.

From those I've seen in MLA, I'd say I prefer the Raptor and Type-00.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 12:31   Link #573
John117xCortana

What role does Elena Piatif play in Altered Fable ?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 12:43   Link #574
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
What role does Elena Piatif play in Altered Fable ?
exchange teacher form US ( But that her just her cover, form NSA that form the limited understanding (no english patch just mainly guess and educated guess)

As for Yuuhi , she , formal, prim ...... but

Spoiler for Not what i expected:
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 12:50   Link #575
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post

Yes! And that's what makes her so damn awesome. P:

Argh.. need English Patch.. ;<
Old 2012-08-22, 12:52   Link #576
Gundamx

Quote:

Think of it like Steins gate >>> you can't start from ep12+- without wathing first 1 ep
(Oh well.. You can but then it won't have the same epic feeling.)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 12:56   Link #577
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Well... all europeans TSFs are pretty sexy so I guess I could understand why there are so many peope who likes it. Is it because that their design came out pretty late compared to American and Japanese TSFs that they could give more modern variants in their design?

My favorite was russians TSF.. but then when I saw Rafale, I started having my doubts

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 14:07   Link #578
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

European modern TSFs really shows their influence from their choice for the F-5 Freedom and the conditions they are forced to fight in.
Old 2012-08-22, 21:33   Link #579
John117xCortana

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
exchange teacher form US ( But that her just her cover, form NSA that form the limited understanding (no english patch just mainly guess and educated guess)

What kind of relationship does Elena have with Takeru ?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 03:10   Link #580
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

There are CG stuff, sound player as well as movie gallery for Extra and Unlimited while Alternative doesn't have any after its cleared

I'm sorry to hear that you are not enjoying it, but persevere since it will all payoff in Alternative. Yes, there's a connection so put Alternative on-hold for now until you finish the other two first. Its a trilogy for a reason.

Do NOT skip Extra or Unlimited if you want to fully experience ML at its greatest effect. Do NOT skip Extra or Unlimited if you want to fully experience ML at its greatest effect. It's important so I said it twice.

Make sure to watch Kimi ga Nozomu Eien and Akane Maniax as well when you have the chance.
I think it's better to watch KGNE before going to Alternative, but that's your choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Out of all the TSFs, my favourite one would have to be the Su-47 Berkut (Russian pride, fuck yeah!). And not too far behind are the Takemikazuchi (Shogun, Samurai, and Fudai colours), the Raptor, and the Su-37 Terminator.
Oh, I didn't know you favored the Su-47 above all else. Now that I think about it, there were a lot of hints when were chatting. haha.

I just can't bring myself to choose between the Berkut and Takemikazuchi. I absolutely adore those units so much. Both are closely followed by Type-94 Shiranui(Imperial Colors), Type-04 Shiranui Second(Imperial Colors), EF-2000 Typhoon, F-18 Super Hornet, Mig-21 Balalaika and MiG-29M2 Vermillion Sword.

It'd be really nice to actually possess a figure of each one of them.

Last edited by Silvance; 2012-08-23 at 13:58.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eroge, military science fiction, yuimoto